PDA

View Full Version : Erase your profile?

bob97
June 21st, 2017, 07:13 PM
My girlfriend googled my username i use for a lot of stuff and this site came up. She went on and found a whole bunch of stuff from like 3 years ago. I changed the profile name already. Is there anyway for me or an admin to erase my profile so this doesnt happen again?

lliam
June 21st, 2017, 07:49 PM
what about setting your profile to friends level and not excepting user like your GF as friend?

bob97
June 21st, 2017, 07:52 PM
She isnt a user she just straight up googled the username to see what popped up

Phosphene
June 21st, 2017, 08:47 PM
Profiles can't be erased, but you can ask a staff member to delete your posts and we will be happy to oblige.

lliam
June 21st, 2017, 09:08 PM
Okay. Such my expierence too. Girlfriends are very curious. And my girlfriend often cites from posts I made in this forum and in other forums. As embarrassing as that often seems, I stick to that nonsense I've posted over the last few years.

Anyway, since your girlfriend can't see your profile, if she's not logged in here, deleting your profile doesen't solve your prob, I guess.

Changing your nick was just the right thing to do. The only thing I can imaging, btw, cause erasing your profile would imo delete your whole account too (if I'm right).

I wonder whether an admin agrees with my pov or if he/she has other ways to help you with your prob.

damn, posted a bit too late :D

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Just JT
June 21st, 2017, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure non members can't see your profile. They need to be a member and logged in. They can't search your old posts specifically either, impretty sure they need to search through all the threads and look for you specifically.

In either case, seems a rather tedious process. Wonder what she's looking for

lliam
June 22nd, 2017, 04:19 PM
Wonder what she's looking for

whatcha think? it's always about burried corpses in the cellar. :D