PDA

View Full Version : Cutting

MysticMarine
June 21st, 2017, 08:35 AM
So I've been dealing with a mass amount of sadness and or depression I haven't been completely diagnosed yet with depression but I will be getting a diagnosis soon. I feel as if cutting it my only escape to happiness now it makes me feel better, is that weird? I recently threw out my razor blades but found one I didn't throw away. I have also cut with scissors aswell. I'm just not sure if this is weird to feel better by cutting myself.

Just JT
June 25th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Think people who self harm in general (correct me someone if I'm wrong) get a feeling of relief when they self harm. But it's also really dangerious to do. I've heard there's other things you can do to get the same sense of relief, like running.

Wana give that a try?

Nadin
June 25th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Maybe try swimming or playing an instrument of some kind?
Cutting is not that great as you can cause infection if the blade is not clean,many other things too.

Amethyst Rose
June 25th, 2017, 08:32 PM
It's not weird to feel relieved. It is a destructive way of getting relief though and is just a temporary fix. Throw away anything you can use to cut with. I know it isn't easy to fight urges, but perhaps setting a goal and doing activities to preoccupy yourself will help. Any time you get the urge to cut remind yourself of the goal you set and direct your energy into something productive rather than destructive.