PDA

View Full Version : Yanez found "not guilty" after being charged with manslaughter

devotionnel
June 21st, 2017, 03:55 AM
Jeronimo Yanez's charges have all been released since being charged for manslaughter last year.

A new dashcam recording of the event from Yanez's patrol car are now circulating the Internet causing fresh outrage (the video contains graphic imagery):

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/us/philando-castile-shooting-dashcam/index.html

Castile was pulled over on 6 July last year for a non-functional brake light. It soon turned deadly after the officer shot him 7 times after the driver claimed "I have a firearm" but was no threat to the police officer. He died soon after.

Do you think it was right for the officer's charges to be released after being found not guilty? What I find most brutal is that the girlfriend and 4 year old daughter of the driver were in the car at the time.

Dalcourt
June 21st, 2017, 10:28 AM
Here in the states esp. if you are colored there are quite strict rules you have to follow when pulled over or otherwise stopped by the police. I already registered learnt at school how you have to act and what to say etc. if you get it wrong or get nervous or angry a police officer feels threatened and then has of course the right to shoot.

Also even if it sounds cruel the officer did not wrong. When you watch the videos you see clearly that Castile and his girlfriend didn't stay calm and so posed a thread.
That there was a child in the car was sad and unlucky.

Dmaxd123
June 23rd, 2017, 01:52 PM
no matter what your color, gender, guilt or innocence if an officer of the law says to do something you comply.

easier to tell your side of the story from the court room if you are there.

Mars
July 6th, 2017, 08:20 PM
no matter what your color, gender, guilt or innocence if an officer of the law says to do something you comply.

easier to tell your side of the story from the court room if you are there.

Thing is tho, he did comply with the officer. The cop asked for his identification and registration. He informed the officer that he had a weapon on him but he wasn't going for it. He reaches in his pocket to get his identification, and the officer calls "gun gun!" And gets trigger happy. It's fucked up.

mattsmith48
July 6th, 2017, 09:53 PM
When you are a police officer in a country like the US where anyone can legally buy a gun it is understandable that they might fear of being shot more often than in other countries and react faster and more excessively than they should. That being said it doesn't make what he did right and it doesn't mean he should've gotten away with it, when you shoot 7 times at someone its not about self defence.

robertd2001
July 6th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Jeronimo Yanez's charges have all been released since being charged for manslaughter last year.

A new dashcam recording of the event from Yanez's patrol car are now circulating the Internet causing fresh outrage (the video contains graphic imagery):

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/us/philando-castile-shooting-dashcam/index.html

Castile was pulled over on 6 July last year for a non-functional brake light. It soon turned deadly after the officer shot him 7 times after the driver claimed "I have a firearm" but was no threat to the police officer. He died soon after.

Do you think it was right for the officer's charges to be released after being found not guilty? What I find most brutal is that the girlfriend and 4 year old daughter of the driver were in the car at the time.

pretty dumb to tell a cop you have a gun

Mars
July 6th, 2017, 10:56 PM
pretty dumb to tell a cop you have a gun

You're allowed to carry a gun if you have it legally. It's better to inform the police officer beforehand before them finding out by searching you.

So no, it isn't.