PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry

mattsmith48
June 19th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Energy Secretary Rick Perry says he does not believe CO2 emissions from human activity are the primary driver of climate change.

How can someone that this dumb can get this far in live?

This guy is responsible for the nukes btw.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/19/energy-sec-rick-perry-says-co2-is-not-the-main-driver-of-climate-change.html

PlasmaHam
June 19th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Calling someone dumb while not even using basic grammar rules to do it.

Classy

DriveAlive
June 19th, 2017, 04:44 PM
He is right. It is methane from livestock...

Dalcourt
June 19th, 2017, 08:48 PM

And the lifestock is here due to human activity...so I don't understand!?

DriveAlive
June 19th, 2017, 10:22 PM
And the lifestock is here due to human activity...so I don't understand!?

My exact point! This is why I am vegan.

lliam
June 19th, 2017, 10:39 PM

One reason may be cause he gets paid for being dumb.

mattsmith48
June 20th, 2017, 12:24 AM
Calling someone dumb while not even using basic grammar rules to do it.

Classy

My grammatical errors are not affecting millions of lives, fucking idiots like this guy being in position of power does.

He actually thinks its the Oceans' fault

It doesn't look good when NASA disagrees with you.

Carbon dioxide (CO2). A minor but very important component of the atmosphere, carbon dioxide is released through natural processes such as respiration and volcano eruptions and through human activities such as deforestation, land use changes, and burning fossil fuels. Humans have increased atmospheric CO2 concentration by more than a third since the Industrial Revolution began. This is the most important long-lived "forcing" of climate change.

https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/

DriveAlive
June 20th, 2017, 03:40 AM
My grammatical errors are not affecting millions of lives, fucking idiots like this guy being in position of power does.

He actually thinks its the Oceans' fault

It doesn't look good when NASA disagrees with you.

https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/

What a surprise, people are unwilling to admit that the slaughterhouse industry is responsible for anything.

ShineintheDark
June 20th, 2017, 10:43 AM
The issue is less of him being hired fr being dumb and more that he was hired to defend corporate interests that were impeded by the laws putting limits on CO2 emissions. After all, Trump did just fire half of the EPA council of experts and replaced them with 'respresentatives of the companies affected by the regulations' as a basic way to turn the EPA from a regulatory body to a lobbying oragnisation for all of his oil tycoon buds.

Snowfox
June 20th, 2017, 01:56 PM
What a surprise, people are unwilling to admit that the slaughterhouse industry is responsible for anything.

Wouldnt it be more better idea to collect that methane from food industrial complexes like slaughterhouse and then burn it to energy. Like methane is anyway same as natural gas

DriveAlive
June 20th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Wouldnt it be more better idea to collect that methane from food industrial complexes like slaughterhouse and then burn it to energy. Like methane is anyway same as natural gas

No, it would be better to end such a cruel industry.

Periphery
June 20th, 2017, 03:13 PM
No, it would be better to end such a cruel industry.

Quick question, aren't you a hunter?

DriveAlive
June 20th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Quick question, aren't you a hunter?

I am a hunter. I do not eat meat from slaughterhouses anymore. I am a vegan who sometimes eats meat as long as I am the one who killed the animal. I cannot take part in the cruelty of the slaughterhouse industry.

Periphery
June 21st, 2017, 01:01 AM
I am a hunter. I do not eat meat from slaughterhouses anymore. I am a vegan who sometimes eats meat as long as I am the one who killed the animal. I cannot take part in the cruelty of the slaughterhouse industry.

You know that means you're not vegan right?

PlasmaHam
June 21st, 2017, 01:34 AM

Crazy random thought, but have you considered kosher meats?

DriveAlive
June 21st, 2017, 04:20 AM
Crazy random thought, but have you considered kosher meats?

Before making the transition to vegan/ethical hunter I ate only Kosher meat. It is much preferable to the general fare, although still not good enough in my opinion and exceedingly rare in today's market.

mattsmith48
June 21st, 2017, 11:58 AM

Who would know better about this stuff than the guys studying it? You are not entirely wrong methane is the worst of the greenhouse gases, but because we produce CO2 in far much greater quantity CO2 is the main one driving climate change

And how exactly do you plan on collecting the methane? I have an idea, but I don't think the animals would like that.

The issue is less of him being hired fr being dumb and more that he was hired to defend corporate interests that were impeded by the laws putting limits on CO2 emissions. After all, Trump did just fire half of the EPA council of experts and replaced them with 'respresentatives of the companies affected by the regulations' as a basic way to turn the EPA from a regulatory body to a lobbying oragnisation for all of his oil tycoon buds.

Don't let the glasses fool you, this guy is really that dumb, but I agree that some are just lying for corporate interest

Snowfox
June 21st, 2017, 01:56 PM
mattsmith48 collecting animal shit mainly and pumping it into biogas reactors. Believe it or not this is actually done already in large scale. Also bio-waste from households and severs are pumped to same facility.
There are many such places in Finland and I believe in rest of Europe as well.

mattsmith48
June 22nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
For Idiots and conspiracy theorist out there, here is something that explains in great details why you are wrong.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/why-carbon-dioxide-is-causing-climate-change/83423