PDA

View Full Version : Can you help about my leg hair :(

Lililo
June 19th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hey, I am 15 years old and my mom does not allow me to shave my leg hair nor to use anything to remove it. She says im too young. And i asked her once she said no so i just went for it and shaved but she was so angry. And its summer i wear black tights to school and its so hot I do not know what to do i am sweating to death. How can i convince her to shave my legs for tomorrow school?

Sailor Mars
June 19th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Why do you want to shave your legs? Shit grows back ingrown unless you use tend skin, and its a pain to keep up with.

Anyway, if you're really that into wanting to shave your legs, try to sit her down and ask her civilly. If she says you're too young, say that you're a growing woman and that you want to try things now and get used to it now instead of later.

shy_indian_chick
June 20th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Why do you want to shave your legs? Shit grows back ingrown unless you use tend skin, and its a pain to keep up with.

yes, but regardless of whether or not it makes sense and is convenient, it is customary in the US... in fact, I'd say it's more than that and practically expected for females here. I would try to explain that to your mother. By any chance is your mother from elsewhere? I went through something similar with my mother, who is from India, when I was about 12. I explained to her that all my classmates at school were doing so, and that while it may seem "too young" to her, most people here clearly do not feel that way and that she would only be making things more difficult for me by forbidding it. Once we discussed it, it really wasn't that bad.

TheAnswerIs58
June 20th, 2017, 01:08 AM
I'm 13 and my mum made me shave! If she really won't let you shave just rock the hairy leg! I hate shaving and it's so much more fun to have hair. Don't let western norms hold you back.

Claire Asteroid
June 21st, 2017, 10:43 AM
I don't shave my legs and it's really not that bad, the hairs are quite light except for near the bottom of my legs and they are not so noticeable. I think it will be all right if you don't shave them.

LITTLEANGEL17
June 26th, 2017, 06:59 AM
My leg hair is quite light and I use Veet.

Nikki_1
December 22nd, 2017, 11:11 AM
You could try the 'health' issue... tell her that its not hygienic to be waring tights all summer and your embarrassed about how hairy our legs are when you wear a skirt, this often works when you offer a bone-fide reason. (it did with me).
Anther point is that they are YOUR legs!!! But that could be contentious so be careful.

Sailor Mars
December 22nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Donít bump threads that are over two months inactive :locked: