PDA

View Full Version : How do you make friends?

Dreamer03
June 16th, 2017, 06:14 PM
How do you make friends? After i changed school i have felt quite lonely. I havent get nearly any friends while other pupils in my class seems really often spend time together after school and have many new BFFs. Probably the feeling that i dont fit in is one reason why i got ED( i am getting better now) Specially now during summer break( 9 weeks) i feel lonly because i dont have any hobbies or school where i could see even those few with i am kind of like friends. How can i get friends during summerbreak?

I am not native english speaker so there is probably few mistakes in my text but hopefully not big ones.

Nadin
June 16th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I ask the same question,I don't have friends too.i don't have friends for 5 years almost.
I would prefer you not to change your personality for a friend that will not care about you.
You should not look for friends that will be there just for summer break,try to find friends that will be there always for you as you should be for them too.it's better to have friends that you can rely on than ones that won't pick the phone when you need something.

Nadin

Dreamer03
June 17th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Yes i try to find friends who will be there allways. It is just so hard to get bff who you can trust and be yourself. I actually am not never alone at school but i just don' t really feel that those peoples really care if i am there because they got their own bffs. I just recently started cheerleading and i hope i will get new friends there. I never had bff who is super close to me but i know i want to.

mick01
June 17th, 2017, 10:24 AM
It sounds like you're around other kids and you're not just saying in your room. When you are with others, do you put yourself out there some? Like starting a conversation, asking questions of them to get to know them? Are you friendly and approachable to others so that people would find it ok to start a conversation with you? Like cheerleading, find activities you like to do and you'll start meeting people who have the same interests as you.

Just JT
June 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I agree with mich01
It may be hard as it's summer time. But get out there where other kids your age are. Just be there. Start a conversation. Ask about them and what they do. Find a common interests, build on that. It's not easy building a strong close relationship. That takes time. And lots of it to be that trusting like your looking for

Just be honest and be yourself. And try. You'll meet some people and make friends.

Nadin
June 17th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Yes i try to find friends who will be there allways. It is just so hard to get bff who you can trust and be yourself. I actually am not never alone at school but i just don' t really feel that those peoples really care if i am there because they got their own bffs. I just recently started cheerleading and i hope i will get new friends there. I never had bff who is super close to me but i know i want to.

Why don't you join a club of some kind,I'm sure you would find a friend there.If the colleges in your school really don't care about you as you say than I have no advice for you.Only thing I can tell you chose your friends carefully and do not let anyone manipulate you.I wish you luck in finding friends!

lolaa
June 17th, 2017, 06:08 PM
being around a group will give you a higher chance of finding people you like . I've moved a lot and i found that putting yourself out there works , you let others know what type of person you are and whoever likes you will usually come . Good luck :)

Nadin
June 17th, 2017, 06:23 PM
being around a group will give you a higher chance of finding people you like . I've moved a lot and i found that putting yourself out there works , you let others know what type of person you are and whoever likes you will usually come . Good luck :)

I agree,usually if you like books and you join a book club chance is there will be someone you will find that shares the same interests.

Dreamer03
June 19th, 2017, 12:54 AM
Doesnt schools arrange clubs? I mean in America and England. If i have understud right what clubs are there is just one little problem why i can not join in. Basicly schools here does not arrange any clubs or other after school activities. Like if you want to play football there is no football team in my school (or any school) so you have to find the local team.

But aguess i cannot really do anything else than just trying to be around people and start conversations.

Chaosphere
June 19th, 2017, 01:02 AM
How do you make friends? After i changed school i have felt quite lonely. I havent get nearly any friends while other pupils in my class seems really often spend time together after school and have many new BFFs. Probably the feeling that i dont fit in is one reason why i got ED( i am getting better now) Specially now during summer break( 9 weeks) i feel lonly because i dont have any hobbies or school where i could see even those few with i am kind of like friends. How can i get friends during summerbreak?

I am not native english speaker so there is probably few mistakes in my text but hopefully not big ones.
I fucking hate the feeling of trying to ingratiate yourself into a group that is clearly tight-knit and you are not a part of, so I get where you're coming from there. Really, the only way to meet people outside of school or work are hobbies. Try doing something, crafting, hiking, swimming, anything that mildly interests you, and from there you can join groups, get trips together, plenty of things no matter your confidence level.

Nadin
June 22nd, 2017, 07:56 PM
Doesnt schools arrange clubs? I mean in America and England. If i have understud right what clubs are there is just one little problem why i can not join in. Basicly schools here does not arrange any clubs or other after school activities. Like if you want to play football there is no football team in my school (or any school) so you have to find the local team.

But aguess i cannot really do anything else than just trying to be around people and start conversations.

Maybe you should start playing some instrument and join music school.Usually kids that go to music school are pretty nice.

Lucy G
June 23rd, 2017, 08:26 AM
I'm also really shy but I managed to get friendly with some other girls and guys who play sports. A common theme

Nadin
June 23rd, 2017, 02:11 PM
I'm also really shy but I managed to get friendly with some other girls and guys who play sports. A common theme

I'm shy too,I tried to find new friends in music school but I had no luck.I guess I'll let the time do it's job and hopefully I'll find someone in future.

Jspams
June 24th, 2017, 01:39 AM
Theatre, at least in my school, is the single reason why I have the friends I do today. Try finding school activities, like sports, theater, etc. that brings a group of people closer together! You can do it!