PDA

View Full Version : How can you go up to a random girl and start a conversation smoothly?

ryanthom100
June 16th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Just wondering, as i am really struggling to come up with a way to do this as i am scared of it being awkward or creepy, so i normally just go straight for the number and always get rejected. I'm 17 btw and in college. However when I ask for there number I do act confident.

Chaosphere
June 16th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Just wondering, as i am really struggling to come up with a way to do this as i am scared of it being awkward or creepy, so i normally just go straight for the number and always get rejected. I'm 17 btw and in college. However when I ask for there number I do act confident.
Honestly, it's next to impossible and extremely impractical to simply go straight for a phone number. Not only do you look like you just want her because she's attractive, but any girl who may reciprocate, will only want you for that same reason. The absolute best way (in my humble opinion) to go about getting into a relationship with someone is to ingrain yourself in your daily life. You're in college, just start chatting with someone in your class, and say hi for a few days in a row, crack jokes and the like. You don't have to make any slick advances for a phone number yet. All you have to do is start a conversation about some homework, or a lecture, or anything about campus life. You have myriad topics to start conversations smoothly. Just wait a bit, and when she becomes comfortable with you, go for it. Hell, you can even come up with a reason you'd need it, like her having a photo she took that you don't have, so she should send it to you.
Bottom line, you will never get a girl to emotionally reciprocate if you just go up to her and ask for a phone number. They think way differently than us, dude. She has to be comfortable before she can open up to a real relationship.

mick01
June 17th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Chaosphere gave good advice. The only way you're gonna get a number is if she knows you and is comfortable with you. And finds you attractive. And attractiveness isn't just about looks. It's also about personality. So you both have to get to know each other some before any numbers are exchanged.

ska8er
June 17th, 2017, 06:54 PM
U don't go for a number no matter how
confident u think u r. U get rejected cause
they can c right through u. With confidence
go up to a girl and introduce urself and make
small talk then c if she will give u a number.
Don't b a creep.

Just JT
June 17th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Just be yourself. Think about what your gonna say before hand. Don't say goofy stuff. Ask about some of the school work shitnlike that. But don't get the number outa the gate. It'll only push her off
Just be cool and calm like talking to one of your bros, but just be more polite is all

KatieCO2003
June 18th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Honestly, it's next to impossible and extremely impractical to simply go straight for a phone number. Not only do you look like you just want her because she's attractive, but any girl who may reciprocate, will only want you for that same reason. The absolute best way (in my humble opinion) to go about getting into a relationship with someone is to ingrain yourself in your daily life. You're in college, just start chatting with someone in your class, and say hi for a few days in a row, crack jokes and the like. You don't have to make any slick advances for a phone number yet. All you have to do is start a conversation about some homework, or a lecture, or anything about campus life. You have myriad topics to start conversations smoothly. Just wait a bit, and when she becomes comfortable with you, go for it. Hell, you can even come up with a reason you'd need it, like her having a photo she took that you don't have, so she should send it to you.
Bottom line, you will never get a girl to emotionally reciprocate if you just go up to her and ask for a phone number. They think way differently than us, dude. She has to be comfortable before she can open up to a real relationship.

Very true. So many creeps come right out of the gate wanting nothing more than to use us like disposable sex toys. My advice is to simply start saying hello to her every time you see her. Nothing complicated. No contrived lines or excuses. Just say hello. If she pays attention to you, then tell her that she looks nice when she does. Especially if she wears a new dress or does something new with her hair. But, if you do that, again keep it simple and GENUINE. "You look really nice today, is that a new xxxxx?" Then shut up and listen to what she has to say. You'll know pretty quickly if things are clicking because she'll be interested in talking to you more and more. When she starts talking to you on her own, then things are going well. Still that's no guarantee that things will work out. But, its a good way to start.

Kyle37
June 20th, 2017, 01:14 PM
In our current cultural climate, all girls will think any guy they don't know is essentially a rapist and misogynist (guilty until impossibly proven innocent). So your first step is to act kind of gay at the beginning so that they don't think you are trying to hook up (because by God if you even suggest a date to a girl you met recently she'll turn you down instantly without even thinking about it, and then think to themselves afterward that that was the safest decision and screw everyone). After you get through that stage, go on outings as a group, and then make the fun suggestion of going out somewhere alone. Bada boom, bada bing after 3 years of efforts you finally get a date and finally realize you don't like them that way anymore cuz the lustful feelings have kind of rubbed off after you've spent the last couple of years just being their friend.

Works like a charm every time!

ska8er
June 20th, 2017, 04:20 PM
In our current cultural climate, all girls will think any guy they don't know is essentially a rapist and misogynist (guilty until impossibly proven innocent). So your first step is to act kind of gay at the beginning so that they don't think you are trying to hook up (because by God if you even suggest a date to a girl you met recently she'll turn you down instantly without even thinking about it, and then think to themselves afterward that that was the safest decision and screw everyone). After you get through that stage, go on outings as a group, and then make the fun suggestion of going out somewhere alone. Bada boom, bada bing after 3 years of efforts you finally get a date and finally realize you don't like them that way anymore cuz the lustful feelings have kind of rubbed off after you've spent the last couple of years just being their friend.

Works like a charm every time!

What is "acting kind of gay"? That is the stupidest
thing I ever heard and in a lot of ways disrespectful.

Ur joking right? :mad:

mrmee
June 20th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Look for something about her that stands out. Maybe she wears a particular type of clothing, or puts her hair a certain way. Find something, and make a comment like you would with someone you've known for a while just to strike up a conversation. This works best if they are alone and stationary, like sitting on a bench listening to music do something like that.