PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remained friends with your ex?

Stronk Serb
June 16th, 2017, 02:47 AM
Well, most of my breakups (well, except two plus this one) were "Oh, give it some time and we will be friends!". Except we never remained friends. I did not want that because mist of the time I felt used and decieved. I've only remained friends with one ex and well, we were good friends before that and we got together. After one month fights started and then wi just sat down and were like okay fuck this, it's obvious we behave like imbeciles when in a relationship. Then a few weeks after the dust has settled and the passions died down, we started talking and hanging out again. I wouldn't call her my best female friend, but we are pretty close. Anyone else found a person he's better off as friends than partners?

ska8er
June 16th, 2017, 06:52 AM
well I broke up with my ex bout six months
ago and since we used to c each other in school
everyday we tolerated each other. The guys she
dated afterwards didn't last long as our relationship
did and a few times she wanted to get back together
but I talked her into just being friends. If we meet any
where now it is with the same friends.

Inflation26
June 17th, 2017, 09:23 AM
My ex-girlfriend broke up with me in November. We split up in a good way and there were never any hard feelings between us, but everytime I would run into her I would freak out and leave because I couldn't handle seeing her. Recently though I became friends with a lot of her friends so we started running into each other a lot. At this point we are good friends and last night we went to a club together and she didn't make a scene when I kissed a girl, so I guess things are good between us, even though I would still take her back without hesitating for a second.

devotionnel
June 17th, 2017, 03:30 PM
There's been some relationships where I have completely avoided any contact with them; and a couple where we've tried to remain friends and it just doesn't work out over one thing or another. That being said most of my relationships have had toxic endings so I wasn't expecting to stay in touch with any of them. One of my exes was in a couple of my classes and we broke up in the beginning of summer break and wanted to stay friends but the second we went back to school he absolutely detested me and bullied me, so it's just clear that it wasn't meant to be.

Just JT
June 17th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I've only been in one serious long term relationship. Over a year. When we broke it off I was pretty passed and resentful. Said some stuff I shouldn't of. And I wish I could take those words back now.

After a while we got together and talked, we're ok with each other. I still have strong feelings for him and I'm pretty sure he does for me. But we're still friends. But don't see much of each other cause he's away at college. Well home now, seen him a couple times for a few mins.

We don't hate each other and I know we're still good friends. Maybe when I'm older and more mature and shit we can get together again. But I'm not holding my breath

rioo
June 17th, 2017, 04:37 PM
I did texting with my ex yesterday, still have no idea whats going on for the next. But my ex reach me first.

lolaa
June 17th, 2017, 04:40 PM
we got set up (i was kinda forced by our mutual friend) and we just ended it right away so there are no deep feelings so yeah , we still talk

Pareta3mou
June 17th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Well, the communication and my relations with most of my ex girlfriends were always way better when i was a friend with them rather than as a partner.

kimmykim
June 17th, 2017, 05:47 PM
im still friends with my exes but i havent been in a very long relationship yet

TWDjacob
June 20th, 2017, 07:49 AM
I'm still super good friends with one but the other two no way

Wolfsbane
June 20th, 2017, 09:35 AM
I was dating this girl in school for a year or so, then had to break up as I had to leave the country cuz of my family. Since we ended it on mutual terms, we were okay back then. After 4 years, she's still my best friend and I know that I can share anything with her.

It is quite difficult to talk to her when you get cheated or you cheat on her with someone. That friend is lost forever.

mrmee
June 20th, 2017, 10:38 PM
I live in a small town. Like my graduating class was 60 kids. While we were in school, I had dated at least half of the girls on my grade. That being said, I have been forced to see most of them several times a day every day, so it is almost impossible to stay hostile for long. For most, it has been a mutual feeling of "let's just be friends, because we are going g to be around each other, like it or not". It's just easier on everyone around. Some have even become closer friends afterwards because of how much we knew about each other