PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get iOS 11?

Jamiec1130
June 15th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Is anyone trying iOS 11? I have it, and it's super slow, so I was just wondering about other people's experiences.

Endeavour
June 15th, 2017, 12:37 PM
I didn't even know it was out yet :P

Which model do you have? If you have one of the older models its more likely to be slower than a newer model. I don't tend to update my iPad anymore after my old iPad 2 completely crashed after updating it once.

jdhud024
June 15th, 2017, 09:52 PM

Which model do you have? If you have one of the older models its more likely to be slower than a newer model. I don't tend to update my iPad anymore after my old iPad 2 completely crashed after updating it once.

Technically it isn't out yet, just the developer and consumer betas. I wouldn't do the betas on a phone that you relied on, I did that with my old iPhone and iOS 10 betas and not knowing when your phone would crash and not be useable when you might need it is a feeling that I do not wish to relive.

Jamiec1130
June 18th, 2017, 07:52 PM

It isn't out yet. I am using the developer beta, which is really unstable all around, on my daily driver iPhone 6. It's not too bad once you've got a maximum of about 3-4 apps in the recent screen. It seems to poll that list a lot to see what's open. Closing everything helps a lot, but it didn't affect me on iOS 10 like that, even with betas (I haven't used an official build of iOS since iOS 9).

Endeavour
June 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM
It isn't out yet. I am using the developer beta, which is really unstable all around, on my daily driver iPhone 6. It's not too bad once you've got a maximum of about 3-4 apps in the recent screen. It seems to poll that list a lot to see what's open. Closing everything helps a lot, but it didn't affect me on iOS 10 like that, even with betas (I haven't used an official build of iOS since iOS 9).

Like a previous poster said you really shouldn't be using any betas on phones that you rely on. Hopefully when the official iOS 11 is released you can update to that and then hopefully things will speed up.

Jamiec1130
June 20th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Like a previous poster said you really shouldn't be using any betas on phones that you rely on. Hopefully when the official iOS 11 is released you can update to that and then hopefully things will speed up.

Oh I will definitely get the final beta when it arrives. I don't usually listen and run betas. They usually work ok.

JoeyJ
June 26th, 2017, 10:35 PM
I dont like iphones, android>

WeathermanSam1
June 27th, 2017, 08:50 PM
I never use betas because they are likely not approved by Apple and the developer of the beta could steal your information

jdhud024
June 29th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I never use betas because they are likely not approved by Apple and the developer of the beta could steal your information

The betas are made by Apple and they wouldn't steal your information on a beta they make.

Jamiec1130
June 30th, 2017, 08:09 PM

It's not a beta from another company, it's an Apple OS beta.

WeathermanSam1
July 1st, 2017, 12:42 AM
It's not a beta from another company, it's an Apple OS beta.

The betas are made by Apple and they wouldn't steal your information on a beta they make.

Ok I did not know that! I'm not a fan of betas because they can slow your phone until the actual update comes out

azure moonstone
July 2nd, 2017, 11:21 PM
I started using the beta last night, and it’s just like every other beta version of iOS I’ve used - buggy and clunky (though I wouldn’t say “slow”). The App Store is different, Music looks a little different and there are several things I hope they either work out or change altogether (the disappearing Wishlists, unresponsive links in Safari, and the music issues on the lock screen being three major ones for me right away). Of course, it’s the first beta version so this stuff is expected.

jdhud024
July 10th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I do run the betas of macOS in my MacBook Pro and the only beta I've had an issue with is the newest one, it screwed up Time Machine and my MacBook isn't wanting to backup to the Time Machine server I built that its been backing up to for months. Annoying as hell.

Apple_ManPS3
August 14th, 2017, 11:25 PM

The iPad 2 is limited to iOS 9.3.5, I had one, the screen broke and cost so much to fix so I carved the screen on it! 😂😂