PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice (one-night stand)

PinkFloyd
June 14th, 2017, 11:57 PM
So I'm deciding whether or not to have a one-night stand with a girl. It's not some random girl I met at a party or anything like that. She's a distant friend that I've known off and on for the past few years. Her and I have always been on good terms, so looking at it like that, it seems to be a pretty good idea. She knows there aren't any strings attached and so do I. The only thing is that I'm super nervous and I have no idea what to expect. If anyone could offer some insight to me it'd be greatly appreciated.

Chaosphere
June 15th, 2017, 12:17 AM
So I'm deciding whether or not to have a one-night stand with a girl. It's not some random girl I met at a party or anything like that. She's a distant friend that I've known off and on for the past few years. Her and I have always been on good terms, so looking at it like that, it seems to be a pretty good idea. She knows there aren't any strings attached and so do I. The only thing is that I'm super nervous and I have no idea what to expect. If anyone could offer some insight to me it'd be greatly appreciated.
Well I'm no expert on sex and what to expect, but I think I can still chime in. If you guys are both consenting and know what the situation is, then I wouldn't turn you away from the possibility. I would only caution you to make sure she knows this is just something you guys are doing for fun. Also, consider the possible repercussions, like if she has a boyfriend and the like.

demathadude
June 15th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Just take it slow and see what happens from there!

PinkFloyd
June 15th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Well I'm no expert on sex and what to expect, but I think I can still chime in. If you guys are both consenting and know what the situation is, then I wouldn't turn you away from the possibility. I would only caution you to make sure she knows this is just something you guys are doing for fun. Also, consider the possible repercussions, like if she has a boyfriend and the like.

Her and I did make the final decision to go ahead with the plan. It's hella awkward, but I'm actually nervous and I need to tell her that. In person with her I was like "Sex? Ain't no thang! I'm down for whatever!" but in reality, I'm freaking out. Oh, and I know that she's single. The only possibility of me or her catching feelings.

Just take it slow and see what happens from there!

Yeah, I think that's the best move to take.

Chaosphere
June 16th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Her and I did make the final decision to go ahead with the plan. It's hella awkward, but I'm actually nervous and I need to tell her that. In person with her I was like "Sex? Ain't no thang! I'm down for whatever!" but in reality, I'm freaking out. Oh, and I know that she's single. The only possibility of me or her catching feelings.
Just tell her when you guys are about to have sex, it's likely she feels the same way. Granted, she might be completely chill, but either way you'll be reassured.
Just decide whether or not you're okay with, "catching feelings," and you'll be fine. I would tell you to be open to a relationship forming out of an intimate act, but maybe that's just my old-fashioned romanticism, haha. Let us know how you guys turn out.

CosmicNoodle
June 16th, 2017, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't, it literally never ends well for me. Either someone catches feelings, or you end up missing it and it becomes regular, or it just gets super awkward. I'd steer clear, but it's up to you bro, you're an adult

rioo
June 16th, 2017, 12:34 PM
better take her for holiday or going something special place rather than just have sex in her room. just trying to make it more special. )

Inflation26
June 17th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I think you should go for it. Just be sure to communicate to her about how you feel. It's normal to feel nervous and she most likely feels the same way

Just JT
June 17th, 2017, 11:08 AM
This is a hard topic.
It can go as smooth as "ok cool we did it thanks" to becoming a couple, to a her cause one has real feeling for the other but it's not reciprocal.
I'd be ready for all possible outcomes. It could strengthen a friendship, or ruin one to

Just be careful bro

Beltane1001
June 17th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I have never liked planning when things will happen. I just like to let things happen.

Sometimes a random one time hookup is fine, as long as you are both on board for that. Sometimes it ends very messy when one person has expectations that the other person doesn't share.

Just let whatever happens to happen. Don't try to force anything. And if either of you aren't in the mood then that's ok. You both can say no and neither of you are obligated to do stuff with the other.

TWDjacob
June 20th, 2017, 07:46 AM
If you two both agree and are ok with only one time then go for it if you want to

Wolfsbane
June 20th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Do you have feelings for her? If yes, does she feel the same about you? If not, are you okay with not staying friends after this cuz most people after a one night stand move on. Think of it all and decide yourself.

Don't forget to use a condom. :P