PDA

View Full Version : Fire in London apartment building

Dalcourt
June 14th, 2017, 04:15 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/13/europe/west-london-fire/index.html

least 12 people are dead and dozens injured after a massive fire tore through a 24-story apartment building in west London in the early hours of Wednesday, police said.
All 24 floors of Grenfell Tower in North Kensington were quickly engulfed, trapping residents in their homes and reportedly forcing some to jump to escape the flames. London's fire chief, Dany Cotton, said the blaze was "unprecedented" in her 29 years of service.

A really horrible incident.

PlasmaHam
June 14th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Very sad event. You really never think of a fire causing so much death in our day and age, but I guess some things never change.

I believe the death toll is now a dozen people, likely to rise. So sad.

ShineintheDark
June 15th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Well the towers were severely against regulation som fingers crossed this will show contractors just how essential bulding regs are.

doommaker13
June 15th, 2017, 02:23 PM
I heard about it first in an RE lesson, as we were learning about modern racism. I wish I knew more about the news because I had no idea this happened, and it scares me to think that huge things are happening in my country and I don't even care/know about it.

auser_name
June 15th, 2017, 02:26 PM
This was a tragedy. An avoidable tragedy. The body did not meet any form of safety regulations and could be considered corporate manslaughter. Somebody or some persons need to be held accountable. There were innocent men, women and the worst of all children trapped within those flames.The best out come of that situation was that the carbon monoxide worked faster to those who were trapped. At least they didn't feel the pain of burning.