PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble moving on

NerdSquared
June 13th, 2017, 07:09 PM
So I don't know if any of you remember me, I was the guy who posted a thread awhile ago about a situation with a girl I was having. Long story short, she decided to stay with her current boyfriend, but oddly refused to ever directly say that, but I'm past caring anyway, she can do what she wants.

Anyway, so normally I wouldn't have trouble getting over her. We are still close friends, so its not like she's out of my life completely, and even though I know I'll never find someone like her again, that doesn't mean that I can't find someone equally good or better, just in a different way than her. I'm not going to cling to the past. But my problem is this: I live in a small, back-woods, crappy town where literally all anyone, male or female, cares about is hunting and riding ATVs. She is one of the few teens I've met here who shares anything in common with me. And I've pretty much met everyone my age in the entire area. So I know that I have no hope of finding someone I like here. This won't be a problem once I get to college after one more year, but right now I am a little bummed out that I won't be able to have a relationship in high school. You see, I have never had a girlfriend. I've had relationships now with three girls that have almost, but not quite reached that level. Two of them it just exploded (one was my fault, the other her fault), and then of course the third is the aforementioned girl. It just never seems to work out for me. I have terrible luck. And it's not like I should be having this much trouble. I mean, I'm fairly average as far as attractiveness goes, it's not like I'm ugly, I like to think I have a good personality, and it sure seems like that is true judging by how people view me. Dunno.

And so anyway, I'm afraid that my single status and just kind of lonesomeness is going to keep me from moving on from her properly and endangering our friendship. Do you have any suggestions as to helping me get through this final year? Do you think that this is a non-issue and I'll do fine?

Also one other problem is that I like to write songs, and this whole situation with her makes for great material, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to be doing.

ska8er
June 13th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Stay friends with her for now. Maybe along the
way she will make up her mind bout her boyfriend.
Since u met almost everyone in ur crappy backwoods
and u cant relate to anyone-wait til college where u will
meet a vast array of different people who u just might b
able to bond with. Good things come to those that wait.
Another thing there is nothing wrong with riding ATVs. Ive
been riding them for 10 years now.

Pareta3mou
June 15th, 2017, 12:21 AM
ska8er's advice is all you need!
Just make sure you won't miss any chance that may appear to you!

Chaosphere
June 15th, 2017, 12:53 AM
So I don't know if any of you remember me, I was the guy who posted a thread awhile ago about a situation with a girl I was having. Long story short, she decided to stay with her current boyfriend, but oddly refused to ever directly say that, but I'm past caring anyway, she can do what she wants.

Anyway, so normally I wouldn't have trouble getting over her. We are still close friends, so its not like she's out of my life completely, and even though I know I'll never find someone like her again, that doesn't mean that I can't find someone equally good or better, just in a different way than her. I'm not going to cling to the past. But my problem is this: I live in a small, back-woods, crappy town where literally all anyone, male or female, cares about is hunting and riding ATVs. She is one of the few teens I've met here who shares anything in common with me. And I've pretty much met everyone my age in the entire area. So I know that I have no hope of finding someone I like here. This won't be a problem once I get to college after one more year, but right now I am a little bummed out that I won't be able to have a relationship in high school. You see, I have never had a girlfriend. I've had relationships now with three girls that have almost, but not quite reached that level. Two of them it just exploded (one was my fault, the other her fault), and then of course the third is the aforementioned girl. It just never seems to work out for me. I have terrible luck. And it's not like I should be having this much trouble. I mean, I'm fairly average as far as attractiveness goes, it's not like I'm ugly, I like to think I have a good personality, and it sure seems like that is true judging by how people view me. Dunno.

And so anyway, I'm afraid that my single status and just kind of lonesomeness is going to keep me from moving on from her properly and endangering our friendship. Do you have any suggestions as to helping me get through this final year? Do you think that this is a non-issue and I'll do fine?

Also one other problem is that I like to write songs, and this whole situation with her makes for great material, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to be doing.
I was basically in the same situation you are, regarding relationships until literally a bit over a week ago. I'd recommend trying to find camps or clubs that bring together people of similar interests. It's really the only way to meet people when you don't really have a large group to draw from. Since you say you appreciate music, maybe join a band or music club after school. Use one of your interests as a springboard from which to meet people.
As for song-writing with this girl and your situation as inspiration, just make sure you have her approval. It may be a bit of an awkward conversation, but I think it'll be a prudent measure to take.
You already sound like you have made great strides to moving on from her, I wouldn't worry to much about it.