PDA

View Full Version : Time when going to sleep.

Waseem
June 13th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I don't know where else to put this , so i'm sorry if this is wrong thread...

Anyway, Is there any difference for health & growing by going to sleep @3 am or 10 pm, if i sleep 9 hours in both of the cases ???

Endeavour
June 13th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Puberty for Boys :arrow: VT General Hospital

Well, sleep is sleep. Realistically though by sleeping nine hours from 3am, that takes you up to midday. You really shouldn't be sleeping through the day since your body naturally associates darkness with sleep and if you only get up half way through the day you won't be tired and so you'll be going against what your body naturally wants. So yeah, stick with going to bed at 10 and getting up at a realistic time, say 7am.

ska8er
June 13th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I would say it is better for ur health to
go to bed late at night than early in the
morning. I guess it all depends on if u
have to go to work or school. Its good
to sleep over sometime but if u make a
dependence of it u just might mess up ur
inner clock and it will b harder then to fall
asleep.

mick01
June 14th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I don't think there would be any affect on growth. I looked up sleep cycles and circadian sleep cycles talked about having a normal sleep cycle within every 24 hour period based on light/darkness. So, if you're not bothered by having it light outside for the majority of your sleep time, and if you can sleep those hours everyday of the year, then it shouldn't matter. But if you can't sleep those same hours everyday, your sleep cycle will get messed up.

ATonOfSoup
June 14th, 2017, 10:13 AM
When it comes to the circadian rhythm I think the only thing that matters is going o bed at the same time, It doesn't matter if you sleep all day as long as it at the same time

Cats123
June 14th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I read that more melatonin is released when you sleep at night rather than day time. I think I also read that more growth hormone is released in dark sleeping areas too. It would be safe to sleep at night, not just on hormonal health but also bodily and mental health too.

Jessica_N
June 14th, 2017, 08:55 PM
I don't think so but consistency seems important. Constantly moving sleep schedule around may not be able to be maintained.

Cassius14
June 16th, 2017, 02:14 AM
I agree that consistency is important. I also think quality sleep is important

Nadin
June 19th, 2017, 06:48 PM
I agree that consistency is important. I also think quality sleep is important

I think so too,here is what I found on one website regarding consistent sleeping schedule:

It's possible to eliminate many minor sleep problems by creating a comfortable sleep environment, maintaining a healthful balance of nutrition and exercise, and engaging in relaxing activities near bedtime.

Keeping a regular sleep schedule—even on weekends—maintains the timing of the body's internal clock and can help you fall asleep and wake up more easily.
Even if real life stands in the way of achieving the perfect sleep routine, making just a few small changes can improve your sleep dramatically.

Human
June 19th, 2017, 11:34 PM
I'm a pretty healthy 18 year old, 6 foot, and for the past 4-5 years my bed time has been on average 2-3am I'd say. It's still not healthy, try and fix it while you can, I wish I fixed it earlier.

Roc a fella
June 20th, 2017, 12:07 AM
There's no health difference

Andyyy95
August 3rd, 2017, 01:15 PM
I don't think the actual times matter as such, however keeping it consistent and having a regular schedule does in my opinion.