PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad

EssentialAspiration
June 13th, 2017, 02:34 PM
I feel awful all the time whenever I'm alone I self reflect and it's always negative and I thought it was just a phase but it's been months now and I still never feel happy and I don't know what to do. I have a friend with depression I'm tempted to talk to about this shit cos hes diagnosed and everything so he knows stuff about mental health and where to go but I don't want to friends don't talk about that stuff it gets weird it's weird I don't know what to do

devotionnel
June 13th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Maybe you could go and talk to a doctor about it? I'm not sure of your location, but in the UK it's completely confidential - even from parents - unless you're a danger to yourself. Is there anyone in your life, like your friend, or a parent or teacher you could confide in? Maybe they could help work towards you feeling a little better.

Furthermore, have you tried distracting yourself from the self-reflection? I tend to overthink a lot too and I find that creative outlets like painting or distractions like music or reading are a good way to take my mind off of the things I'm thinking.

Endeavour
June 13th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I completely agree with what has been said above - you need to talk this through with someone. Talking it through with your friend is a good idea - you know each other, you'll understand each other and more importantly you'll be able to help each other. Trying to figure out exactly what is causing this might be a good idea too, is it stress from work or family or something else? Try and take yourself away from these stress 'inducers' (sorry, couldn't think of a better word) and try and distract yourself with something you enjoy, art, music, going out with friends, whatever makes you happy. Hope things turn out better for you soon. :)

lolaa
June 13th, 2017, 02:47 PM
this might not be as helpful as talking to someone about this but try listening to some affirmations on youtube to lift up your mood and to keep you in a positive vibe . it always helps me calm down