PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gifts for 17 year old Twin Boys

Seraph
June 13th, 2017, 02:34 PM
On 28th June is the 17th Birthday of my cousins who are twins and I do not know what to gift them. I need suggestions. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

Firstly,
They are the greatest fans of JRR Tolkien and love all things related to elves and nature. Over the years I have gifted them many LOTR board games and video games, they seem to enjoy the most whenever they receive something related to Tolkien or the elves (especially those from The Silmarillion). Their favorite characters are Elladan and Elrohir from the books.

Secondly,
They are identical twins and share everything, over the years I have given them gifts that they can enjoy together. I plan on doing the same this year too.

Thirdly,
I am skilled in crafting and can make many things with paper and leaves and flowers. I made my girlfriend a Thranduil-style crown of spring flowers on her 17th birthday. I think I should gift the twins something I created with my own hands.

I want to give them a good gift because they help me a lot in many ways and I want to show them that I can create something without their help. All help is appreciated, thank you.

Endeavour
June 13th, 2017, 02:39 PM
I think it's a good idea to make something yourself since that shows you've really took time and thought about what you want to do. I don't know much about LOTR, but could you make something based on that?

Deleted User
June 13th, 2017, 05:04 PM
If you're any good with wire, you can make wire elf ears like such:

http://www.sandipointe.com/im/earrings/elf-ears-jewelry-5.jpg

I'm not sure if they'd be into something like that since jewellery is usually a "girl thing" (blah blah, stupid gender roles) but it would be a creative gift and fits both your ability to craft and their love for Tolkien and elves. I have a set that make for great costume pieces when the occasion arises and you never know, they might be a hit just because you made them.

If not, at least you now have a new idea for something to make anyway, if you ever feel like it.

Seraph
June 15th, 2017, 03:05 AM
If you're any good with wire, you can make wire elf ears.

That sound like a good idea.

mookie
June 18th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I'll bet anything you can make yourself they'd appreciate because you took the time to do it.

Just JT
June 18th, 2017, 12:45 PM
I think it's a good idea to make something yourself since that shows you've really took time and thought about what you want to do. I don't know much about LOTR, but could you make something based on that?

I agree with this. I remember a couple years ago I had a problem figuring out what to get my (then foster) parents for Christmas. I ended up making a photo album of the three of us from all the pictures we took of us at the places we went and stuff we did over that year. And I've made a new one each Christmas for them. They love it

Maybe one of those big frames that hold different pictures, and like decorate the frame with your skills, and put some cool pictures of them together in it maybe?

Idk kinda weak to I guess but was an idea

Chaosphere
June 19th, 2017, 12:58 AM
On 28th June is the 17th Birthday of my cousins who are twins and I do not know what to gift them. I need suggestions. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

Firstly,
They are the greatest fans of JRR Tolkien and love all things related to elves and nature. Over the years I have gifted them many LOTR board games and video games, they seem to enjoy the most whenever they receive something related to Tolkien or the elves (especially those from The Silmarillion). Their favorite characters are Elladan and Elrohir from the books.

Secondly,
They are identical twins and share everything, over the years I have given them gifts that they can enjoy together. I plan on doing the same this year too.

Thirdly,
I am skilled in crafting and can make many things with paper and leaves and flowers. I made my girlfriend a Thranduil-style crown of spring flowers on her 17th birthday. I think I should gift the twins something I created with my own hands.

I want to give them a good gift because they help me a lot in many ways and I want to show them that I can create something without their help. All help is appreciated, thank you.
If your crafting ability extends to larger things, than perhaps some kind of Tolkien-style staff or sword? I imagine you could use a store-bought sword as a template, then build off of it. If not, something that comes to mind are elven-style wire jewelry, like a bracelet or some rings.

Seraph
June 19th, 2017, 02:55 AM
If your crafting ability extends to larger things, than perhaps some kind of Tolkien-style staff or sword?

Did that already for their 14th birthday, they already have too many swords. But yes, my crafting ability does extend to that far.

Seraph
June 22nd, 2017, 03:49 AM
All right people, since only a week remain for my cousins' birthday, I'll be starting the project in a few hours.

Since the two of them have many swords and staves (most they made themselves), my gift won't be something 'special' to them. So I have decided to make them elvish ears out of paper and wire so that they can now look exactly like their favorite characters.

Endeavour
September 2nd, 2017, 10:13 AM
I would also recommend you to make some personalised gifts. I guess I will go for some custom lapel pins. What do you think about such gifts? They are cheap, cute and very interesting

Please don't bump old threads. :locked: