PDA

View Full Version : Eyes are windows

Kooy
June 12th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Have you ever been the passenger of a car and just stared at out the window? Watching the other cars, trees and building just go by? You know how if you do it long enough it feels like they are the ones moving and you're completely stationary, and how looking at the window you can focus on the glass and disconnect form the world outside the car.. But you're still not paying attention to what's going on in the car? Replace the car with your body... And the windows with your eyes. I can look off and focus on nothing.. Like im looking at the lens of my eye orů just staring off but its like a discount from my body. Like how you're inside the car but not part of it.. Im inside my body.. But it doesn't feel like it. Its like im looking out someone elses eyes like im not me, or i am me but my eyes are windows. Im not the only one with this random disconnection am i?

Uniquemind
June 13th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Nope, it's a part of a dissociative psychological mindset.

Kooy
June 14th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Nope, it's a part of a dissociative psychological mindset.

I.. Don't know how to respond to that...

hjhj
June 29th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I have this happen pretty often, it used to happen to me a lot more though (._.)

lolaa
June 29th, 2017, 12:56 PM
i get a similar feeling when i meditate

Kooy
June 29th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I have this happen pretty often, it used to happen to me a lot more though (._.)

i get a similar feeling when i meditate

I honestly don't know if its a feeling i shouldn't like or should becomes I don't have any reference from anyone else to describe it. Idk what it is

lolaa
June 29th, 2017, 08:17 PM
I think it's just the feeling of being more aware of your surroundings, you put your focus on something else rather than think of the past or the present like most of us do daily.

hjhj
June 29th, 2017, 09:10 PM
I've also had a somewhat different feeling where nothing feels like the present or the past. Either of you every had this? lolaa Kooy

Kooy
June 29th, 2017, 11:03 PM
I've also had a somewhat different feeling where nothing feels like the present or the past. Either of you every had this? lolaa Kooy

Yeah i get really aware of time, like i can feel seconds passing by. Thats why i used a car as a reference

hjhj
June 29th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Yh the reference was a pretty good one to give people an understanding :)