PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Patch Things Up

AussieNicholas
June 10th, 2017, 10:01 PM
So I'm in Year 11 now (school year starts in February in Australia) and I have a friend who I've known for a couple years, but never really talked to much until last year since we shared a class together. We got along well but drifted apart during last year, and since then there have been phases of getting along well and then not talking.

Things got a lot worse when I snapped at her over Facebook. I'd had a fight with my dad earlier and I just got sick of wondering if this girl actually wanted me around or not so I sent her a message saying that she should have said if she didn't want to talk to me. I apologized to her later and thought that things were fine but every time I tried to talk to her afterwards it seemed like she didn't want to talk to me. In March this year she said she didn't want to talk to me because it scares her when I get angry and she doesn't want to be in those situations anymore. We haven't spoken since then. I've had some issues with anxiety and stress since last year which I never told her about, and lately I've been wondering if her opinion would change if I told her the truth. I have another close friend who thinks I should try to talk to her, but I'm worried that she'll reject me and that I'll make things worse at school (most of my friends are closer to her than they are to me and if they had to ditch one of us then they'd probably ditch me).

Basically I want to talk to her even if it is just so that we can respect each other. I'm worried though that she'll just get angry at me and that it'll cause drama at school.

lliam
June 10th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Try the old-fashioned way and write her a letter.

Tell her all that stuff you posted in this thread and leave it to her, if she wants to answer or not.

If she doesen't respond after a while, just move on.

ska8er
June 11th, 2017, 06:18 PM
I would b honest and tell her the truth. That
is the only way u will know where the two of u
stand.

AussieNicholas
June 13th, 2017, 11:15 PM
I messaged her, and I'm afraid things didn't work out. She says she appreciates me trying to mend things but she just has to put her own welfare first. She also said that she'll be civil if we're around each other, but I've decided to keep my distance from her when possible since there's no way to make amends. Thank you guys for offering your advice and I'm sorry that it was for nothing.