PDA

View Full Version : Bi trust issues

SamMystic
June 10th, 2017, 08:41 PM
So im bisexual, but some people told me they would trust me less in a relationship if we were dating, since I could be attracted to both sexes.. I can understand the logic in this way of thinking, but its kinda offensive.
Anyone else had this problem?

Elysium
June 10th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Puberty for All :arrow: Teen Sexuality & Gender

I absolutely hate when people believe that. It's so totally offensive it boggles my mind. Like, what difference does it make? If you're in a relationship, you're in a relationship. If someone's going to cheat, they're going to cheat regardless of who they're attracted to.

EvaNL
June 11th, 2017, 05:52 AM
I absolutely hate when people believe that. It's so totally offensive it boggles my mind. Like, what difference does it make? If you're in a relationship, you're in a relationship. If someone's going to cheat, they're going to cheat regardless of who they're attracted to.

Totally agree.
It's complete nonsense to trust or distrust someone more or less because of which gender they are attracted to. It's ridiculous.
If you are in a relationship, you should have the decency to not cheat. If you feel like you want to hook up with someone else, then you should break up first. This is connected to common sense and decency, and certainly NOT to whether someone is straight, bi or gay.

The first person who would say something this idiotic to me, I would (depending on my mood) either laugh loudly and sarcastically at, or I would explain to them in strong words that they are idiots (and why).

ShineintheDark
June 11th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I don't really get that reasoning at all because who you're attracted to doesn't make you any less or more likely to cheat. Just because you like both doesn't mean you'll cheat with the opposite gender to your prtner, just like you wouldn;t cheat with someone of the same gender as your prtner if you were straight/gay

kimmykim
June 11th, 2017, 08:12 AM
I don't really get that reasoning at all because who you're attracted to doesn't make you any less or more likely to cheat. Just because you like both doesn't mean you'll cheat with the opposite gender to your prtner, just like you wouldn;t cheat with someone of the same gender as your prtner if you were straight/gay

ya, that doesnt make sense, it sounds ignorant

refrigeratorx
June 11th, 2017, 10:33 AM
They probably see it as they need to worry about everybody instead of just the gender they're with. Which is also crazy in itself. Because if you feel that insecure to be worried about that, then it wouldn't look good anyway.

They should be honored to be with you lol they chose u over double the possibilities :D

pjones
June 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
So im bisexual, but some people told me they would trust me less in a relationship if we were dating, since I could be attracted to both sexes.. I can understand the logic in this way of thinking, but its kinda offensive.
Anyone else had this problem?

straight people cheat.

my boyfriend is always pointing out cute girls to me and saying if I hooked up with her we'd be a cute couple, but i never would and he knows that, we completely trust each other

nebula
June 11th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I think this may stem from people not fully understanding bisexuality as a whole, kind of like the "bi/pan people are greedy they go for everyone" stereotype. It just shows that some people aren't educated in bisexuality or just show plain ignorance towards it. I know a lot of people who say this to two of my pansexual friends.

That being said people can cheat on their partner regardless of sexuality.

Coolteenboy
June 11th, 2017, 11:31 AM

TOTALLY agree w this.
If ure honest, and r NOT gunna cheat, orientation makes no difference.
If ure guna cheat, then ure GUNNA cheat, REGARDLESS of how you identify!!!

But if you DO cheat, you're, IMO, skum either way!!

ska8er
June 11th, 2017, 06:09 PM
In relationships we have to realize two people dont totally
know one another or what to expect of them. If u love some
one there has to b trust-if not-then it wasn't meant to b.
Really no one has the right to tell u how u r suppose to live
ur life in regards to ur sexual orientation. It is ur business not
theirs.

NerdSquared
June 11th, 2017, 06:32 PM
I don't personally subscribe to the belief that bisexuals are less trustworthy, but I can see where it comes from.

Seven Wonders
June 14th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I don't personally subscribe to the belief that bisexuals are less trustworthy, but I can see where it comes from.
he is right

azurzg
June 14th, 2017, 12:19 PM
i consider myself bi too... but sometimes i hear weird comments about bi people...
- same str8 people have told me that if I were bi, I'd should just be with girls and keep my attraction for guys to myself
- same gay people have told me that there's no such thing as being bi, that that is just a step in admitting you're gay
I disagreee with them both!

messid
June 14th, 2017, 06:49 PM
thats fucked up!! i'm straight but i have bi friends and i cant believe someone said that to you...thats like telling someone who likes both skinny and thick girls "hey, i dont wanna be with you because im fat and youll always want a skinny girl"

on the bright side, at least you know to stay away from people who say that...its like a test to see if they have a problem with bi people

Tommy Lion
June 16th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Yes, I have heard the same. They think we have more to choose.
And some people even don't believe that bisexuality exists. Some people think that I am gay because I have a boyfriend now, but that I dont' want to admit it. When I try to explain they don't understand or don't believe me. And they think I am too young to know. Well they are wrong.

KBar33
June 18th, 2017, 12:43 AM
When will people realize that attraction =\= action. This line of reasoning is so intellectually lazy and disingenuous it baffles me that people still believe in this totally archaeicc and antiquated stereotype. One's attraction to both genders doesn't compromise his/her love for his/her partner. Straight guys aren't going around willy nilly cheating on their wives with every single hot bimbo they see, same for bi people. Commitment and attraction are completely isolated from each other, and that's that.

Just JT
June 18th, 2017, 12:49 AM
I've experienced stuff like that. And imo, the key thing is they can't trust for whateverer reason. I don't give a shit why. If you can't trust me for who I am, then fuck off

Sorry to sound harsh, just my opinion. If you like/love someone then that's what it is. If they can't trust you cause of your sexuality, there insecure. And you know what you are and who you are

Good luck

Theaverageboy
June 18th, 2017, 01:21 AM
It's just like saying all gay people are attracted to every guy or girl they see it's dumb how people think that I wouldn't be with that person if they can't trust me to stay with them

Jamiec1130
June 19th, 2017, 12:09 AM
That's what I've heard from a lot of people. My best friend still thinks I'm just confused and that I'm really gay, but I'm not. People think that bisexual people are just confused, and that bothers me. I know who I like, and I know because I am me. I personally just ignore those people.

Jspams
June 24th, 2017, 12:41 AM
That's a popular cultural stereotype; like for some reason, I know a lot of people who have issues with people being Bi. but they have no issue with gays/lesbians or trans people. I

Cangirl
June 24th, 2017, 01:45 PM
yeah it doesnt make sense to me either. Thats like saying you cant trust a straight person with the other gender. It goes by how the person handles situations and if they are a cheater or not. Nothing to do with gender.