PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this guy is interested in me?

Becky_98
June 10th, 2017, 11:23 AM
There is a new guy at my workplace who is normally fairly quiet, and rarely speaks that much to other people unless there is something work-related;
he does appear perfectly friendly an smiles a lot when he does speak to someone, but he seems to "keep his distance" from people and isn't much of a talker.
But after a few days I noticed that he would sometimes start conversations with me when he had the chance, and I also noticed that his voice sounded a lot different;
it seems to become more quiet and lower in pitch, and he speaks more slowly and a little bit "sweeter", and this seems to only happen when he is talking to me in particular.
I have also caught him looking at my body on a few occasions, and as soon as he notices this he immediately looks into my eyes for a few seconds and seems to give me a very subtle smile.
He has also asked me a bit about what I do in my spare time and seems to listen very intently to me and seems to genuinely enjoy all our conversations.
Do you think that all this means that he is interested in me, considering his otherwise silent and reserved personality?

Also, he is actually a decent bit older than I am;
I am 18, and he is almost 31.
I do find him very handsome however, and he could easily be mistaken for being around 24, so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem.

ska8er
June 11th, 2017, 03:59 AM
I would say he is interested in u but there is
a large age difference. The only prob I c is if
he is trying to take advantage of u. Only u
know what kind of vibes he is showing. Don't
b blind sighted by him and get hurt. Other than
that keep being friendly with him.

Endeavour
June 11th, 2017, 11:08 AM
That is quite a big age difference, but as the person above me says it's up to you what you do, or don't do, and how you truly feel.

JonathanS
June 12th, 2017, 08:10 AM
I would say that it is no real way to tell, but my opinion is yes he is.

SamMystic
June 12th, 2017, 08:33 AM
He's interested, but yeah, even though he is 'handsome', he is way older than you..

jamie_n5
June 12th, 2017, 09:15 PM
I would say that he likes you. I wouldn't advise a relationship though because of your age difference. Just be happy with being friends.

Chaosphere
June 13th, 2017, 02:07 AM
Like my compatriots have stated, it does sound like he is somewhat interested in you. I would however, implore you to exercise caution, and I think it would be unwise to pursue him. The age gap isn't always something to be worried about, but here I think it's a bit inappropriate.

Uniquemind
June 13th, 2017, 02:16 AM
Hard to say if it's safe.

Just play it slow, but the age difference is something to think about as you project a hypothetical future with him. The flip side is that if he's older perhaps he's less of a wild thing and wants to settle down.

It's one of those situations that you move slowly and cautiously, and you set up warning signs and see if they get tripped while not getting too flustered by the charming qualities of a person.

Be very aware of power differences especially in the workplace and take notes of that dynamic.

If it's a fling there's less to be concerned about. Flings are simple 1,2,3 maybe 4, and done, scratched that itch and over with.

SethfromMI
June 13th, 2017, 07:38 AM
well he is interested in you. although the age difference is huge, the two of you are legal adults. if you do decide to go in a romantic direction, just try to be careful.

michaeluad
June 20th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Yes, he is interested in you!