PDA

View Full Version : Comey

Desdemona
June 8th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Watching the Comey thing. I am def not a democrat, but McCain is totally embarrassing and I feel ashamed that he represents my state. *cringe*

He was pretty hot when he was young, though

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time. ~Mars

ShineintheDark
June 9th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I feel that it was certainly an interesting hearing and should uncover some interesting stuff. Whether it'll lead to any sort of legal proceedings or impeachment, we'll just have to see

mattsmith48
June 10th, 2017, 11:44 AM
This is fun, I don't know if Americans will agree with me, but seen from the outside of the US, this Russia thing is very entertaining.

Amethyst Rose
June 11th, 2017, 09:24 AM
The White Padded Room :arrow2: The VT Daily Chronicle

We usually don't move things out of TWPR, but this would get more traffic here and is relevant to this forum.

Murk
June 13th, 2017, 04:59 AM
This is fun, I don't know if Americans will agree with me, but seen from the outside of the US, this Russia thing is very entertaining.

Indeed. I'm sadly living in a West coast state, among stupid and arrogant leftist sheep. Sorry no offence to respectable Democrats, I'm just fed up with one bias City controlling an entire state. Sorry.
Umm... Back to what I think my original point was, the Russian interference stories being changed and morphed, and only being pushed by those who lost office, clearly makes this an obvious case of propaganda. Lol have you guys seen how much more Trump has been being analyzed than any other US president? Like wtf.

My opinion on the topic is that Comey seems to have turned into a worm. I wonder if it's him, or if he got bought out.

ShineintheDark
June 13th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Indeed. I'm sadly living in a West coast state, among stupid and arrogant leftist sheep. Sorry no offence to respectable Democrats, I'm just fed up with one bias City controlling an entire state. Sorry.
Umm... Back to what I think my original point was, the Russian interference stories being changed and morphed, and only being pushed by those who lost office, clearly makes this an obvious case of propaganda. Lol have you guys seen how much more Trump has been being analyzed than any other US president? Like wtf.

My opinion on the topic is that Comey seems to have turned into a worm. I wonder if it's him, or if he got bought out.

What I've seen being discussed and revealed is I think that trump's relationships and ties with Russia are fairly inappropriate and his handling of the situation has been very juvenile compared to what we would have expected of him as president. From what I can see, I doubt he intentionally means to dig himself deeper with his actions (case and point, urging Comey to drop the investigations into Flynn) but it may still prove a danger if he isn't reined in a little. Hell, with Pence and Sessions there as experienced politicians and level heads, it's amazing that they haven't managed to advise him better on how to act.

mattsmith48
June 13th, 2017, 02:47 PM
What I've seen being discussed and revealed is I think that trump's relationships and ties with Russia are fairly inappropriate and his handling of the situation has been very juvenile compared to what we would have expected of him as president.

After everything that Trump did during the campaign, this kind of reaction should not be surprising at all, this is exactly what people should have expected from him.

From what I can see, I doubt he intentionally means to dig himself deeper with his actions (case and point, urging Comey to drop the investigations into Flynn) but it may still prove a danger if he isn't reined in a little. Hell, with Pence and Sessions there as experienced politicians and level heads, it's amazing that they haven't managed to advise him better on how to act.

Because he's a mentally unstable man-child who won't take advice from anyone.

Murk
June 14th, 2017, 04:44 AM
What I've seen being discussed and revealed is I think that trump's relationships and ties with Russia are fairly inappropriate and his handling of the situation has been very juvenile compared to what we would have expected of him as president. From what I can see, I doubt he intentionally means to dig himself deeper with his actions (case and point, urging Comey to drop the investigations into Flynn) but it may still prove a danger if he isn't reined in a little. Hell, with Pence and Sessions there as experienced politicians and level heads, it's amazing that they haven't managed to advise him better on how to act.

I agree, trump has definitely dug a hole. But he doesn't have said political experience as Sessions or Comey, but Comey really didn't help at all, furthering the conspiracy. Sessions has done his job, recommending the removal of Comey, which was good. Be he is not a political adviser. Thanks for your comment Shine. You have shown me that I am not alone in this.

Second comment reply as follows
After everything that Trump did during the campaign, this kind of reaction should not be surprising at all, this is exactly what people should have expected from him.

Because he's a mentally unstable man-child who won't take advice from anyone.

Yes after seeing who Trump is, we should all know h... ( Damnit I went to far. I removed text because I could fuck up a ton of people day by expressing myself further)

Donald Trump is not mentally unstable, ( you guessed it. I went to far again. I almost verbally killed someone...)

Thanks, pm me if you want a further look into my beliefs.

DriveAlive
June 14th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Comey is a fraud who wanted publicity. His handling of the Hillary "investigation" and making announcements about it a week before the election prove just how compromised he was. He needed to go.

mattsmith48
June 15th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Trump who after firing Comey admitted on National TV that it was with the purpose to obstruct justice, is now calling the obstruction of justice investigation against him the greatest witch hunt in american political history. This is fun.

PlasmaHam
June 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Trump who after firing Comey admitted on National TV that it was with the purpose to obstruct justice, is now calling the obstruction of justice investigation against him the greatest witch hunt in american political history. This is fun.
Your conspiracy theories are so fun to listen to, especially when you deny reality.

mattsmith48
June 15th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Your conspiracy theories are so fun to listen to, especially when you deny reality.

He [Rosenstein] made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy. The Democrats like him, the Republicans like him. He made a recommendation. But regardless of [the] recommendation, I was going to fire Comey. Knowing there was no good time to do it!

And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/11/15628276/trump-comey-fired-russia

5Wvuw_Zmubg

And here is his tweet from this morning

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875321478849363968

ShineintheDark
June 16th, 2017, 07:44 AM
It's great to see how black and white everyone thinks the investigation is. Like, Dems call out Republicans' crimes and try and ignore their own and Republicans do the same. They're both currpt and guilty, that doesn't mean the investigation should stop.

mattsmith48
June 16th, 2017, 10:39 AM
It's great to see how black and white everyone thinks the investigation is. Like, Dems call out Republicans' crimes and try and ignore their own and Republicans do the same. They're both currpt and guilty, that doesn't mean the investigation should stop.

What crime from the democrats is equivalent or worst to this?

DriveAlive
June 16th, 2017, 11:29 AM

besides slavery? Sorry I could not resist.

For the first time we might actually agree on something though

Falcons_11
June 16th, 2017, 06:18 PM
I thought that the FBI is part of the Justice Department in the Executive Branch of the Federal Department which is under the President. Any president as chief executive can fire any member of that branch of government, except the Vice-president, without giving a reason. What's the crime here?

mattsmith48
June 16th, 2017, 08:37 PM
I thought that the FBI is part of the Justice Department in the Executive Branch of the Federal Department which is under the President. Any president as chief executive can fire any member of that branch of government, except the Vice-president, without giving a reason. What's the crime here?

Obstruction of justice

Falcons_11
June 16th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Obstruction of justice

Yes...but the president can still fire anyone in the Executive Branch for any reason. Obstruction of justice is just alleged. Trump is innocent until he is proven guilty. The firing of Comey, in itself, doesn't constitute obstruction of justice since Comey worked for the president.

mattsmith48
June 16th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Yes...but the president can still fire anyone in the Executive Branch for any reason. Obstruction of justice is just alleged. Trump is innocent until he is proven guilty. The firing of Comey, in itself, doesn't constitute obstruction of justice since Comey worked for the president.

He confess on national TV that he fire Comey to stop the Russia investigation.

DriveAlive
June 16th, 2017, 11:37 PM
He confess on national TV that he fire Comey to stop the Russia investigation.

He never said that.

mattsmith48
June 16th, 2017, 11:40 PM
He never said that.

He [Rosenstein] made a recommendation, he’s highly respected, very good guy, very smart guy. The Democrats like him, the Republicans like him. He made a recommendation. But regardless of [the] recommendation, I was going to fire Comey. Knowing there was no good time to do it!

And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

5Wvuw_Zmubg

DriveAlive
June 17th, 2017, 12:03 AM
5Wvuw_Zmubg

Exactly. Comey was a politicized show-boater who was only in it for himself. Trump saw the way in which Comey operated and was handling the investigation as an increasingly dramatized way for him to get more attention. Therefore, Comey proved that he could not serve as director or handle the investigation.

mattsmith48
June 17th, 2017, 12:56 AM
Exactly. Comey was a politicized show-boater who was only in it for himself. Trump saw the way in which Comey operated and was handling the investigation as an increasingly dramatized way for him to get more attention. Therefore, Comey proved that he could not serve as director or handle the investigation.

Did you read the quote I posted?

Bull
June 17th, 2017, 07:41 AM

What reality, in your mind, is [MENTION=48901]MattSmith48 denying?

ShineintheDark
June 17th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Well Comey did alledge that Loretta Lynch just as equally pressured him to end the investigation into Hillary Clinton which to be fair, I wouldn't put past them since the email investigation would have and indeed did greatly harm her chances of power more than the Russia investigation has harmed Trump's/

DriveAlive
June 17th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Did you read the quote I posted?

Yes...I am explaining Trump's thought process. If you knew that you had a woefully incompetent FBI director who was capitalizing on increasingly political investigations to gain public attention, would you really think him fit to continue in his position or to treat you fairly in his investigation?

mattsmith48
June 18th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Well Comey did alledge that Loretta Lynch just as equally pressured him to end the investigation into Hillary Clinton which to be fair, I wouldn't put past them since the email investigation would have and indeed did greatly harm her chances of power more than the Russia investigation has harmed Trump's/

She was the Attorney General its not like there was a possibility that she was involved in it like there is a possibility that Trump is involved in the collusion with Russia.

The email investigation was during the campaign, this is month six of Trumps presidency we still have four years before the next election and if Trump is still president in four years and the Democrats use this like the Republicans used the email against Clinton, I think it would harm him more, like if she had used Pussygate more against Trump I think she would be president rightnow.

Yes...I am explaining Trump's thought process. If you knew that you had a woefully incompetent FBI director who was capitalizing on increasingly political investigations to gain public attention, would you really think him fit to continue in his position or to treat you fairly in his investigation?

And I am explaining that Trump fire him to stop the Russian investigation. I provided video evidence and quotes to support what I said. You called James Comey a quote ''woefully incompetent FBI director who was capitalizing on increasingly political investigations to gain public attention'' without providing any evidence to support your claim.

DriveAlive
June 18th, 2017, 07:38 PM
She was the Attorney General its not like there was a possibility that she was involved in it like there is a possibility that Trump is involved in the collusion with Russia.

The email investigation was during the campaign, this is month six of Trumps presidency we still have four years before the next election and if Trump is still president in four years and the Democrats use this like the Republicans used the email against Clinton, I think it would harm him more, like if she had used Pussygate more against Trump I think she would be president rightnow.

And I am explaining that Trump fire him to stop the Russian investigation. I provided video evidence and quotes to support what I said. You called James Comey a quote ''woefully incompetent FBI director who was capitalizing on increasingly political investigations to gain public attention'' without providing any evidence to support your claim.
So you do not think that the Hillary Clinton "investigation" and announcements about is from Comey the week before the election were politicized?

mattsmith48
June 18th, 2017, 09:33 PM
So you do not think that the Hillary Clinton "investigation" and announcements about is from Comey the week before the election were politicized?

It was very bad timing to do an announcement like that especially when you consider who was the other candidate, but I don't think it was done for personal political reasons.

DriveAlive
June 18th, 2017, 09:37 PM
It was very bad timing to do an announcement like that especially when you consider who was the other candidate, but I don't think it was done for personal political reasons.

Are you serious?!? The entire "investigation" was done for political reasons just like the Benghazi "investigation." The republican party was trying to destroy her reputation through these ridiculous witch hunts and they succeed. Comey directly aided them in doing so.

mattsmith48
June 18th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Are you serious?!? The entire "investigation" was done for political reasons just like the Benghazi "investigation." The republican party was trying to destroy her reputation through these ridiculous witch hunts and they succeed. Comey directly aided them in doing so.

The investigation was in no doubt pushed and blown out of proportion by Republicans even after the FBI said she didn't do anything illegal. For the announcement, you have to remember at that point people were chanting ''lock her up'' at Trump's klan rallies. Comey said at the time he had to announce it because if he didn't and it had come out later they had found new emails or they had found something incriminating after the election. I don't think he made the announcement because he wanted Trump to win. I disagree with what or how he did it, I said at the time he shouldn't have announce anything and they were most likely not going to find anything, he believed it was better to say it publicly just in case, he was wrong.

DriveAlive
June 18th, 2017, 10:32 PM
The investigation was in no doubt pushed and blown out of proportion by Republicans even after the FBI said she didn't do anything illegal. For the announcement, you have to remember at that point people were chanting ''lock her up'' at Trump's klan rallies. Comey said at the time he had to announce it because if he didn't and it had come out later they had found new emails or they had found something incriminating after the election. I don't think he made the announcement because he wanted Trump to win. I disagree with what or how he did it, I said at the time he shouldn't have announce anything and they were most likely not going to find anything, he believed it was better to say it publicly just in case, he was wrong.

He wanted the attention.

Comey hid the fact that information he was using to push the Clinton investigation forward was actually fake information planted by the Russians yet he hid this fact. Clearly, he was incompetent and his judgement compromised.

mattsmith48
June 18th, 2017, 10:47 PM
He wanted the attention.

Comey hid the fact that information he was using to push the Clinton investigation forward was actually fake information planted by the Russians yet he hid this fact. Clearly, he was incompetent and his judgement compromised.

Got any evidence for that?

DriveAlive
June 18th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Got any evidence for that?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/politics/james-comey-fbi-investigation-fake-russian-intelligence/index.html

mattsmith48
June 18th, 2017, 11:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/politics/james-comey-fbi-investigation-fake-russian-intelligence/index.html

Interesting.

DriveAlive
June 18th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Interesting.

That is was really changed my mind about Comey. I used to really like him and I thought of him as a straight-shooter. I was just as outraged as you when he was fired. However, the more I learn about him and the more I think about how he handles himself and his investigations publicly, the more I see that he is no good.

mattsmith48
June 19th, 2017, 11:09 AM
That is was really changed my mind about Comey. I used to really like him and I thought of him as a straight-shooter. I was just as outraged as you when he was fired. However, the more I learn about him and the more I think about how he handles himself and his investigations publicly, the more I see that he is no good.

Sure but Trump saying on TV he fired him because he wants the Russia story to go away and meeting with the Russians in the Oval Office and giving them classified information right after he fired Comey looks kinda suspicious

DriveAlive
June 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Sure but Trump saying on TV he fired him because he wants the Russia story to go away and meeting with the Russians in the Oval Office and giving them classified information right after he fired Comey looks kinda suspicious

First, he did not say he fired him to make the Russia story go away because he knew that the investigation would continue regardless of who the FBI director was. He fired him because he did not like how Comey was politicizing the investigation and how Comey used his public appearances before congress to gain media attention for himself. Trump wanted a truly independent and dedicated investigator who would not use it as an opportunity to gain personal fame.

While I certainly do not approve of the Trump meeting, I honestly doubt it was anything more than bad optics and poor planning on the part of the Trump team. Russia is a master of manipulating optics and I think that is what they have been doing all this time.

mattsmith48
June 19th, 2017, 01:34 PM
First, he did not say he fired him to make the Russia story go away because he knew that the investigation would continue regardless of who the FBI director was. He fired him because he did not like how Comey was politicizing the investigation and how Comey used his public appearances before congress to gain media attention for himself. Trump wanted a truly independent and dedicated investigator who would not use it as an opportunity to gain personal fame.

''When I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.” ''

What does that quote tells you? Because to me, even after everything you said, it sounds like he fired him to stop the Russia investigation that he said is a made-up story.

While I certainly do not approve of the Trump meeting, I honestly doubt it was anything more than bad optics and poor planning on the part of the Trump team. Russia is a master of manipulating optics and I think that is what they have been doing all this time.

Sure but come on worst timing than that he's meeting them at the same time he's firing Comey

DriveAlive
June 19th, 2017, 01:53 PM
''When I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.” ''

What does that quote tells you? Because to me, even after everything you said, it sounds like he fired him to stop the Russia investigation that he said is a made-up story.

Sure but come on worst timing than that he's meeting them at the same time he's firing Comey

You can believe whatever you want to about Trump's motives but i think it is far more likely that he has a mercurial temper an that has nothing to do with the investigation and everything to do with Comey's behavior.

Yes, the timing of the meeting was bad, but in the grand scheme of things, it did not matter. It was big news for one day and then was completely forgotten by everyone. Trump understands the news cycle and he knows that a lot of his actions will not make lasting headlines. Therefore, it does not makes sense for him to tailor his schedule around the media.

mattsmith48
June 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Yes, the timing of the meeting was bad, but in the grand scheme of things, it did not matter. It was big news for one day and then was completely forgotten by everyone. Trump understands the news cycle and he knows that a lot of his actions will not make lasting headlines. Therefore, it does not makes sense for him to tailor his schedule around the media.

True