PDA

View Full Version : Bros before ho*s?

Semi_IronMan
June 8th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Ummm so I have this friend who used to like this girl who he asked out. The girl denied her amd they sort of disliked each other for a while, I had always been on my friends side and told him the girls not worth it. Fast forward to a couple of months and here I am falling for the same girl, we've become really good friends and are so comfortable with each other that it's insane. The problem is I promised my friend, with whom I've been best friends with my entire life,that no girl is ever gonna come between us and I don't wanna break that promise. On the other hand I really feel very passionately about this girl.

I guess what I am looking for is advice, what would u guys do if it was you in the same situation? Is it "bros before ho*s" or "one man's trash is another man's treasure?"(couldn't think of a better saying, don't mean to be offensive to women)

Thank u guys

ska8er
June 8th, 2017, 02:51 PM
She better not hear u say "another mans trash" or "Ho".

U will lose two friends but I understand what u mean.
Just think of another way to explain it. All I can say is
discuss this openly with ur Bro and c if he is comfortable
with u being close friends with his former friend. If he
doesn't understand then he is not a true friend.

RJH98
June 8th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Don't do it. I have been in the same boat very recently. My best friend was kind of dating a girl, but she ended things before it got serious. Three weeks later I made out with her and a couple more times the next days. Word got out and shit hit the fan. We're good now because we talked everything out but I seriously jeopardized my friendship with him. It may be hard, but it is never worth it, even though it may seem that way at the moment

NerdSquared
June 8th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I have some friends who were in this situation. The girl was dating the one guy, but after they got caught she was forced to break up with him, and is now dating his best friend. It seems to have worked out well enough, but I dont think they represent most friendships.

Sailor Mars
June 8th, 2017, 05:26 PM
I would recommend talking to your friend. Be honest about your feelings about the girl and ask if he minds you guys dating. Respect each other and keep it civil...

auser_name
June 8th, 2017, 06:04 PM
This is a tricky situation indeed, but I do feel it is possible to have both. If this boy is really your friend he Weill understand and accept that she makes you happy and he should encourage that. She should also understand you and your friend have developed a rather strong relationship with this friend and she should not interfere with it. So as others have said, talk with both parties openly and honestly and tell them how both of them make you happy but in different ways. If any should object than I am afraid its your choice. But if I was you, I would chose the person who tried to get along and tried to make things work as they truly care about you while the other doesn't and you must remember that your happiness has to some first. Anyway, thats how I would handle things. I do hope it helped and best of luck.

Maximuswood
June 8th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Talk to your homie about it. That's the best thing you can do. Other than that it's all up to chance. You could talk to a random girl, maybe a girl who has a lot of boyfriends and won't care if one man denies her, ask her to hit on your friend, see how he takes it. That's all I got. If he says no, your back where you started, if he says ok, then he'll be more open to talking to you about your crush. My forst girlfriend was, well, she was the friend of this girl I had a crush on, and thay girl introduced me to this girl, and I just went out bc she wanted too, needless to say, it didnt last long and were all still friends.

mick01
June 9th, 2017, 09:44 AM
If you promised him that no girls would come between you, you MUST keep that promise. What good is making a promise if you can't keep it. So, like some others have said, I'd check and see how he would feel about your interest in the girl. If he's against or doesn't like it, you need to walk away from her.