PDA

View Full Version : This is making me mad/depressed

devo343
June 8th, 2017, 08:09 AM
so for the last year and half my parents have been really strict with money and its starting to make me mad i know i have food a house over my head and a computer and im gratful for that no doubt but we cant afford tons of food we have to selectivty choose food {most generic} and we cant do alot of stuff
both my parnents run there own bussienses both hard working but poorly paid by that i mean we get checks a month later from when there supposed to be in because people are self centered like that and my mon runs another bussiens which is buying and restoring random furniter and other stuff and selling it again which is doing well barely but even then thats not enough most money goes toward bills which gives us very little money to buy our own food and do sutff togahter as a famley like for example we dont even think were gonna have a vacation this year due to poor money its just really making me sad and angry any help would be apirrcated

mick01
June 8th, 2017, 09:03 AM
It seems that your parents are working really hard and doing the best they can. I don't agree with you that you should be mad at that. You're 15 so what are you doing to help out? Can you work and get some extra money or can you do things around the house to help? You can't change your parents situation, but you can change yours and how you feel.

Desynchronized
June 8th, 2017, 11:48 AM
You should work and earn some bucks yourself instead of bugging ur parents. Plus your parents are working their best. And Money issues aren't something one should seek help for thru internet. I don't see any way anyone here could help you.

ska8er
June 8th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Being mad is not going to relieve or help
what u say u r going through. U say ur
parents r hard workers and I'm sure they
r doing the best they can. If u r of working
age then y not try and find an odd job not
only to help urself but aid ur parents.

Second Chance
June 9th, 2017, 02:24 AM
I agree with the others that getting mad at the situation is not the right way to go especially since your parents are doing the best they can within the limitations they have. At least your parents seem to be providing you the basics though I know it can suck not to have the extras.

The others are right that you should do something positive to help your family's situation, and getting a job would be a big help. At very least, you can pay for your own things so that some stress is taken off your parents.

As for a vacation, in light of your family's financial situation, my thinking is that you can probably go for a "staycation" meaning find some good things locally that would interest you and make a day trip of it. You can do a couple of day trips whether it be to a water park, museum, etc. and have fun for that day. If you truly want a vacation, then you can see if there is a family member who lives in a place which interests you where you can go for a short time. However, go easy on your parents because they seem to be having a lot of stress in light of their situation, and you should be understanding towards them because I am sure it is no picnic for them having to tighten their belts and limit themselves in what they can get.

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:58 AM
It can be easy to get mad at this situation, but try and be thankful for getting the basics. Some people struggle to get even that.