PDA

View Full Version : is it still okay to drink pediasure?

Kooy
June 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to put this i was torn between here and eating disorders sence I don't tend to eat alot. Like only once a day if that. But would it hurt if I started drinking pediasure again to get things i need? I honestly don't trust supplements so I think I prefer something i have had before in my life. 18, male. I don't think it would hurt sence its not mediated but I still want an option on this.

SethfromMI
June 7th, 2017, 09:17 PM
um I don't think it would hurt you no. that being said, there are more adult equivalents which may give you even more of the nutrients you are seeking

Kooy
June 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
um I don't think it would hurt you no. that being said, there are more adult equivalents which may give you even more of the nutrients you are seeking

But I prefer the taste of pediasure over gatoraid

PlasmaHam
June 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I seriously doubt there would be any harmful affects from you drinking Pediasure. It's simply a nutritional drink mix, as long as you don't binge on it, you'll be fine.

But Pediasure is designed for children, which means as a grown guy, you won't be getting that much nutritional value from it. If you want a good nutritional drink supplement, there are various different kinds made for adults you should probably look at instead.

I believe Ensure is basically the adult equivalent of Pediasure. Take a look at them.

SethfromMI
June 7th, 2017, 10:05 PM
But I prefer the taste of pediasure over gatoraid

I thought pedisure was more of a milk compared to a pedialight. I know they drink calcium/vitamin boosters for adults which is not technically milk but it is closer to milk then it is to Gatorade

Coolteenboy
June 7th, 2017, 10:05 PM

Yup. I believe Seth is right. Maybe try GNC or another nutrition store for some advice on a drink that would be better for what you are trying to accomplish.
IMO of course.

Amethyst Rose
June 7th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I second Ensure. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I couldn't eat much solid food for a week and basically survived on those drinks and limited soft foods. Just keep a healthy diet and don't consume them excesiively.

SethfromMI
June 7th, 2017, 10:21 PM
I second Ensure. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I couldn't eat much solid food for a week and basically survived on those drinks and limited soft foods. Just keep a healthy diet and don't consume them excesiively.

ensure that's what I was thinking of. OP, ensure and similar products are kind of like pediasure, except they're made for adults (though I am sure it would be fine for kids or they may even have kids version as well) which has more nutrients.

Kooy
June 8th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the tips guys

Jessica_N
June 13th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Do what you have to do!