PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any gay brothers or cousins?

dutchboy2000
June 7th, 2017, 03:44 AM
I'm wondering how many of you, being gay or bi, have also brothers or cousins who are also gay. How it affected your relationship with them? Does your family know about it? How about reaction of your parents and family?

I have a lot of gay or bi people in my family. My father has 3 younger brothers and the youngest one (30 yo) is openly gay, already married with his boyfriend. Another one, although also married with children I know is bi. His last brother is straight, having 3 sons and 2 of them (my cousins, 21 and 17 yo) are already out as gays.

My mother has sister and two brothers and one of them is also gay. My aunt and uncle have both 2 daughters and 2 sons, one son in each family is gay.

Finally, I'm one of five brothers. Oldest one (27 yo) is openly gay, other older brother is completely straight. Myself I am also gay, as at least one of my younger twin brothers (15 yo), because he already came out to everyone. I suspect other twin may be at least bi - he claims that, but I have never seen him with girls so far.

Just JT
June 7th, 2017, 03:46 AM
I don't have any siblings but pretty sure we can take away from this that all sexualities are probably about as normal and common as any other sexuality. Regardless of the test population

devotionnel
June 7th, 2017, 05:12 AM
No one in my family, immediate or distant, is LGBT apart from me. I'm the odd one out :D

ska8er
June 7th, 2017, 08:00 AM
I have a cousin who is openly gay. I have no prob
with it. Some family members have mixed feelings.
Sort of grew up I guess when being openly gay was
some kind of disease. Anyway anyone being Bi in the
family or even non family is anyones guess. If u want
to declare it so be it but its left to imagination and no
one elses business.

Coolteenboy
June 7th, 2017, 08:05 AM
I have a cousin who i am really close with, a fewyears older. Weare open and honest with each other. He is bi. Our relationship is wonderful. His family knows, and it makes no difference to them, or my rents that we hng around ALOT 2gether.

mick01
June 7th, 2017, 08:46 AM
I have a cousin who is only a few weeks older than me, we're close, and he is at least bi.

kimmykim
June 7th, 2017, 08:49 AM
i have a male and female cousin who are both gay and a female cousin that is bi

jackspeaks
June 7th, 2017, 12:19 PM
my uncle is gay

EvaNL
June 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I have a few. Nobody cares.

Bull
June 7th, 2017, 02:25 PM
I have a cousin my age that is openly gay. My brother and I are openly bi.

Abhorrence
June 8th, 2017, 06:44 PM
I have a cousin who is a lesbian and is married to her long-term girlfriend. Her brother is also gay. Then there's me who's gay. So there's three gay people in my family that I know of.

Abyssal Echo
June 8th, 2017, 10:27 PM
I don't have a bro and don't know of any cousins that are gay.

Omnomnom
June 10th, 2017, 05:35 AM
I have one cousin who's gay, that I know of. My family and I are pretty open minded about it, so it's never been an issue.

Tommy Lion
June 10th, 2017, 05:42 AM
I have an aunt who is a lesbian and a gay cousin.

Harrier
June 12th, 2017, 04:44 PM
I have a cousin my age that is openly gay. My brother and I are openly bi.

That's quite a few people in one family. Do you believe a person is born with their sexuality? Or do you believe there is something to the "nurture" argument? If you do think it's nature (your born with it) then you must think it's just a coincidence the 3 of you are gay?

dutchboy2000
June 13th, 2017, 01:37 PM
That's quite a few people in one family. Do you believe a person is born with their sexuality? Or do you believe there is something to the "nurture" argument? If you do think it's nature (your born with it) then you must think it's just a coincidence the 3 of you are gay?

The same with my family. It must be somewhere hidden in DNA. I was always curious why there are so many gay people in my family and why everyone here has so many children (as basically all my aunts, uncles have at least 3-4 children, what is above average). Maybe due to the fact that there is high probability of having gay child, there is some kind of hidden message in DNA which influences on decision about having more children.

Harrier
June 13th, 2017, 08:29 PM
The same with my family. It must be somewhere hidden in DNA. I was always curious why there are so many gay people in my family and why everyone here has so many children (as basically all my aunts, uncles have at least 3-4 children, what is above average). Maybe due to the fact that there is high probability of having gay child, there is some kind of hidden message in DNA which influences on decision about having more children.

Idk. But I doubt DNA can influence a couple to have a lot of children. They likely just WANT to have a lot of children or never heard of condoms lol.

Seven Wonders
June 14th, 2017, 12:04 PM
my cousin is a bi...she feels good about this

azurzg
June 14th, 2017, 12:14 PM
one of my cousins is gay. he is very "in-your-face" about it. sometimes too much so.

Bull
June 14th, 2017, 08:08 PM

Our mother and cousin's mother are sisters. We believe it is nature and NOT a coincidence.

kyle2003
June 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I have a gay cousin. Neither of my brothers have said they were gay or bi. Both have girlfriends currently. My middle brother did tell me he was still unsure when I told him I was curious.

Harrier
June 16th, 2017, 02:32 AM
Our mother and cousin's mother are sisters. We believe it is nature and NOT a coincidence.

So if you think it's not nurture/environment making you all gay and that it is nature, BUT you think it's not a coincidence , then you must think it's in your DNA?? Like how some couple's have multiple twins, other couples have multiple homosexuals?

Stingray
June 16th, 2017, 12:33 PM
wow, that's a lot of gay/bi people in one family tree!

other than some like 3rd cousin removed on my mum's side of the family, nobody in my family is not-straight as far as I'm aware.

Beltane1001
June 16th, 2017, 03:49 PM
My mom and sister are both pan and I have a gay male cousin. It doesn't affect our relationship in any way.

davdev17
June 26th, 2017, 07:39 PM
I have a gay cousin and lesbian cousin. I might have another gay cousin. He came out and then said he wasn't really. Idk. I also have an uncle who was gay, but now thinks he's straight, but he's got some serious mental disorders.

jerrion
June 29th, 2017, 06:33 PM
I'm wondering how many of you, being gay or bi, have also brothers or cousins who are also gay. How it affected your relationship with them? Does your family know about it? How about reaction of your parents and family?

I have a lot of gay or bi people in my family. My father has 3 younger brothers and the youngest one (30 yo) is openly gay, already married with his boyfriend. Another one, although also married with children I know is bi. His last brother is straight, having 3 sons and 2 of them (my cousins, 21 and 17 yo) are already out as gays.

My mother has sister and two brothers and one of them is also gay. My aunt and uncle have both 2 daughters and 2 sons, one son in each family is gay.

Finally, I'm one of five brothers. Oldest one (27 yo) is openly gay, other older brother is completely straight. Myself I am also gay, as at least one of my younger twin brothers (15 yo), because he already came out to everyone. I suspect other twin may be at least bi - he claims that, but I have never seen him with girls so far.

this sounds so fun :(
i have none

dutchboy2000
September 14th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Another one from my younger twin brothers came out several days ago. So me and both of them are openly gay.

SeansLittleBro
September 19th, 2017, 06:26 PM
i come from a family of 4 boys. Both my older brothers are gay and so am I. I have a twin who is "bi" at the moment. My uncle is also gay so the family has no problems with GLBT.

DoodleSnap
September 20th, 2017, 04:20 PM
I personally don't know of any family members, immediate or extended, who identify as gay or bisexual, but I am sure some of them must do so.

Endeavour
September 20th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Another one from my younger twin brothers came out several days ago. So me and both of them are openly gay.

Please don't bump old threads with more than two months inactivity. :locked: