PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea what I'm doing

lankyguy
June 5th, 2017, 06:34 AM
I'm 15 and I have never had a serious relationship and haven't had a girlfriend since primary school - I know a girl outside of school who I'm going to meet up with after her exams so can I get some advice about dating (e.g. where to meet, what to talk about, how to dress etc.)?. I know things have changed since primary and I don't wanna fuck this up xD
Cheers

Medy
June 5th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Just relax and go ahead

Alex_Swim
June 5th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Meet up at the Mall/Food Court , or Like Coffee House
Talk about school, what you like to do for Fun, Trips you done. Give her time to talk also.
Dress School Cloths (unless you have a uniform) Nice, Nice pants/shorts, Nice Shirt (Not a Tshirt0
You Pay for the food/coffee/etc.

mick01
June 5th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Ya, just relax and have a good time, just like you're out with a friend.

lankyguy
June 5th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Meet up at the Mall/Food Court , or Like Coffee House
Talk about school, what you like to do for Fun, Trips you done. Give her time to talk also.
Dress School Cloths (unless you have a uniform) Nice, Nice pants/shorts, Nice Shirt (Not a Tshirt0
You Pay for the food/coffee/etc.

Is a shirt not a bit too formal? I'm from the UK so I have a school uniform :(

Alex_Swim
June 5th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Is a shirt not a bit too formal? I'm from the UK so I have a school uniform :(

Not talking button down formal shirt, But like a pull over shirt ie: polo shirt

Pants. Nice Jeans, khakis, Not ripped jeans, Basketball shorts

lankyguy
June 5th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the advice. What do I do after the first date? Ask her out on another at the end? Or just say goodbye and arrange another one later via snap/text?
Also at what point does dating as friends and flirting become official (like bf/gf type thing)?

Chaosphere
June 6th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. What do I do after the first date? Ask her out on another at the end? Or just say goodbye and arrange another one later via snap/text?
Also at what point does dating as friends and flirting become official (like bf/gf type thing)?
Pulling from an experience pool of absolutely fucking zero, lol, I think it would be best to schedule another meeting in person. This assuming everything goes well. Just ask in a nonchalant, confident manner, simple as, "we should do this again." Setting a date in person will keep it in her mind better, I think.

ShineintheDark
June 7th, 2017, 03:18 AM
Just take things slow and calmly, she'll probably not expect you to be the perfect expert anyways. Just discuss things with her and let her take part in organising and leading too

Just JT
June 7th, 2017, 03:58 AM
Just relax and breath deep ok? All good advice below. Just be yourself and I'm sure she will be also. After all you'll both be wanting to get to know the real part of each other. Don't put up a front. Talk to her like you wpwould talk to a female cousin your close with, but nicer. Make her feel it's all about her while together. Yes dress nice, shows respect for her you though about her enough to dress good. But not all formal and all. Ask her about her family, mom n dad, any siblings, sports, tv shows and other stuff she likes. Am doing listen to her. Not just to listen, but cause you really want to know her answere.

Let her ask you stuff to. And be honest, she wants to know more about you as well. If at the end if she had a good time, sure ask of she'd like to do something else next time, maybe a movie. If she says yes aske her what kinda movies she likes.

Then when you get home see what new movies are playing that she likes. And in a few days let her know you noticed this movie playing you thought you'd like to see, and ask her to join you at whatever day/time.

Just be yourself, casual, relax, and don't rush anything, take your time and enjoy each other's company.

Maximuswood
June 8th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Three things, step 1, confidence, and elephant. Step 1, is wanting to try new things and learn to be better. Confidence, I realized something about myself, I like different things then my friends, so if someone asks me for a plan or to choose the music, I pick something awkwardly, then something goes off in my head, and I fake confidence as if i was excited to choose that thing. Looking like you mean to do something is a good one. And elephant in the room. That's an easy point to pull off jokes. Like if you trio over yourself and feel stupid, say, man, I'm walking like an idiot today. Being able to laugh about yourself, jist smiling and laughing in general will make others laugh. If your nervous, mention why your nervous and laugh about it. Pick out the elephant in the room that everyone sees and make a joke. And all your questions, do what you want to do, not what you think she'd like, be yourself. If she doesnt like your ideas, or laugh at your jokes, or like your clothes, then she not the one for you.

zzzzzzzzzz
June 9th, 2017, 03:00 PM

Just be yourself. There's no exact science on these. Sure you can arrange something at the time, even if it does end up with her saying "call me". Don't worry on things becoming official. That should just happen naturally, given time. Hopefully you will both know when that is right

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:49 AM
I haven't had a girlfriend since primary school. Hope I can find one soon.