PDA

View Full Version : 'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'

Endeavour
June 3rd, 2017, 04:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40146916

Police are responding to reports a van has hit pedestrians on London Bridge in central London.
Witnesses have said that armed officers are understood to be at the scene after a white van hit pedestrians.
The Metropolitan Police say they are dealing with an incident on the bridge.
Transport for London said the bridge has been closed in both directions due to a "major police incident".

ShineintheDark
June 3rd, 2017, 05:25 PM
I know this is gonna sound generic and as if I'm delaying the inevitable but let's wait until all the details are out before we start discussing this. It may well be an attack but we first need to know the details.

Uniquemind
June 4th, 2017, 01:19 AM
It's been 6 more hours, sadly it's another attack.

Snowfox
June 4th, 2017, 01:58 AM
This is what Islam is. This is what being muslim is.
But London has all ready terrorist as its mayor.

ShineintheDark
June 4th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Ok 3 generic and hyperbolic statements in one post. First, there is more to the faith than terrorism. Is there a lot of violence in it? Yes. Is that deniable? Of course not. However, it's not ALL it is. Second, your point about muslims. Well, let me tell you that majority of Muslims did not support that attack or ANY attack. Of course, we have amajor issue of radicalisation in that community and I support more aggressive policies of combatting it but going on a blanket attack is not helpful. As for Sadiq Khan: I'm not his biggest fan, I find him weak and generic in his words. However, calling him a 'terrorist' is undeniable prejudice and completely unhelpful. I understand that you wear your extremist upbringing and cultural hate as a badge of honour but kindly do not bring your views into discussions if you can't contain it.

Periphery
June 4th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Ok 3 generic and hyperbolic statements in one post. First, there is more to the faith than terrorism. Is there a lot of violence in it? Yes. Is that deniable? Of course not. However, it's not ALL it is. Second, your point about muslims. Well, let me tell you that majority of Muslims did not support that attack or ANY attack. Of course, we have amajor issue of radicalisation in that community and I support more aggressive policies of combatting it but going on a blanket attack is not helpful. As for Sadiq Khan: I'm not his biggest fan, I find him weak and generic in his words. However, calling him a 'terrorist' is undeniable prejudice and completely unhelpful. I understand that you wear your extremist upbringing and cultural hate as a badge of honour but kindly do not bring your views into discussions if you can't contain it.

Just ignore him. There's no point in even trying to talk to him because he's so obsessed with his own views he rejects all others.

As for the attack, I hope this'll actually wake people up and not allow fighters from Syria who return to their "home" country to run freely, and actually send them to the desert, or lock them up.

Snowfox
June 4th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Just ignore him. There's no point in even trying to talk to him because he's so obsessed with his own views he rejects all others.

As for the attack, I hope this'll actually wake people up and not allow fighters from Syria who return to their "home" country to run freely, and actually send them to the desert, or lock them up.

There are other places than Syria. Sometimes people go to some terrorist training camp in North Africa and sometimes they get radical ideas in closest mosque.

And I am not so obsessed. I dont reject other ideas if they make sense.

Periphery
June 4th, 2017, 10:08 AM
There are other places than Syria. Sometimes people go to some terrorist training camp in North Africa and sometimes they get radical ideas in closest mosque.

And I am not so obsessed. I dont reject other ideas if they make sense.

It makes sense that you know, not all 2.10+ billion Muslims aren't all terrorists. I know quite a bunch of Muslims and they are not, so that makes more sense than what you are saying. I'm not going to even try to debate about this, because it's not appropriate for this forum and you are just contradicting yourself.

devotionnel
June 4th, 2017, 10:17 AM
I mean I guess Theresa May was right to put the UK on severe terror risk...

Unfortunately it's been confirmed as yet another attack in the UK... twice in the space of two weeks? That's crazy.

Dalcourt
June 4th, 2017, 10:18 AM
It makes sense that you know, not all 2.10+ billion Muslims aren't all terrorists. I know quite a bunch of Muslims and they are not, so that makes more sense than what you are saying. I'm not going to even try to debate about this, because it's not appropriate for this forum and you are just contradicting yourself.

No use discussing with such people, still I'm always wondering why those close-minded people feel the need to post their nationalist and extremist views in a place like this forum. It's about help growing up not about spreading hatred.

If all Muslims really were terrorists who are just out to kill us all I think most of us would be dead by now.

The attack was coward and shameful like all the others before and all the others I'm afraid will follow. But starting to hate is no answer it's just what those attackers want.

Jinglebottom
June 4th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Why is it always the UK lately?

Amethyst Rose
June 4th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Why is it always the UK lately?

The question we should be asking is, why is it anyone lately? Because all these attacks are senseless and are not accomplishing anything, and it's devastating that people's lives are cut short for no reason.

And all the stigmatism toward Muslims is ignorant... one of my favorite metaphors that I think sums it up well is "all squares are polygons, but not all polygons are squares." Muslim does not equal terrorist. I have a Muslim relative and he's nothing like the background he grew up in. In fact he did everything he could to get away from the rest of his family so he could have a more prosperous and safe life.

auser_name
June 4th, 2017, 11:15 AM

This is the issues within our society. Hate. Ignorance. Islam is not a religion about destroying property and people and speeding terror anymore than other religions. It is a few radicalised individuals who have no real understanding what the religion is about and instead bends and distorts it to fit their own evil needs.

To fight terrorism we need to band together. We need to stay true as a society and not let these so called "religious warriors" divide our society. What these people are doing is horrendous. All of us can agree wether we follow Islam, any other religion or no religion at all, that they are no followers of any true religion.

PlasmaHam
June 4th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Islam is like other religions in saying that there are sects to it. There are some who follow Islamic teachings to the most literal extreme (the radicals) while there are those who follow Islam to the figurative extremes (westernized muslims) and those who fall somewhere between those points (moderate Muslim). We can argue about which is the truer version. But given this variety, I would say it is wrong to say that Islam and Muslims as as a whole are evil, but it would be also wrong to say that Islam had no part in it, and that these people are not true Muslims. Both sides here are currently arguing from both extremes, one side is claiming that Islam is entirely evil in all forms, while another is claiming that true Islam is entirely peaceful in all forms. Both sides are claiming indefensible extremes, which is why I say the answer is more nuanced than that.

mattsmith48
June 4th, 2017, 01:23 PM

Is it just me or this doesn't sound like a terrorist who agrees with what happened last night?

This was a deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners and visitors to our city enjoying their Saturday night, I condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There is no justification whatsoever for such barbaric acts

Snowfox
June 4th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Is it just me or this doesn't sound like a terrorist who agrees with what happened last night?

I do not accept murdering of people never never never. I am not terrorist supporter. I just see that Islamists declared war against west and currently most people are doing nothing cause they are in denial.
When i posted that I was angry. Also I know that all muslims from my school openly support terrorism as well as leftist teachers. I have never seen muslim who is not terrorist supporter.

mattsmith48
June 4th, 2017, 04:06 PM
I have never seen muslim who is not terrorist supporter.

I just quoted one

ShineintheDark
June 4th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Why is it always the UK lately? We jhave an election in just under a week so maybe they're trying to put everyone on edge and make us fearful in the voting bopth so we vote out of fear rather than level-headedly.