PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Marijuana culture is stupid

PinkFloyd
June 2nd, 2017, 10:42 PM
Before I get started here, let me make one thing clear. I don't think weed is either a good or a bad thing. It's got its negatives and it's positives just like every other thing on Earth. It's got it's medical uses, but can also have its downsides. There are people that say it's terrible and WILL lead its users down a dark path of hard drugs like Meth and Heroin, which will ultimately lead to their early death in their mid 20s or sooner. That's false. On the opposite side of the spectrum, you have the people that say Marijuana is an amazing drug that has endless uses and should be given to anyone. That's also false.

I love weed. It's easily one of my favorite things ever. I like to smoke a shit load of it and then listen to old albums on vinyl like a dirty hipster. HOWEVER, the culture that surrounds weed is absolutely fucking demented. There are two main types of pot-smokers. The first is the person that smokes anywhere from time to time to literally daily; but they don't make a big deal about it. They do their thing and it's whatever.

The other type of pot-smoker is annoying and toxic. They basically worship themselves for smoking weed and look down on people that don't smoke it. They also deck themselves out in every pice of potleaf apparel. This includes (but not limited to) potleaf shirts, potleaf shorts, potleaf necklaces, potleaf socks, and even potleaf underwear. It's a walking, talking message that says "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I DO ILLEGAL DRUGS AND THIS IS ME BRAGGING ABOUT IT!" I went to school with these kids, and they were the worst.

Lynxnl005
June 3rd, 2017, 12:02 AM
I don't have much of an opinion on weed itself since I don't have any experience with it but yeah stoner culture is so annoying. It'll be interesting to see what these people move onto next once pot is legal everywhere in the U.S.

Babs
June 3rd, 2017, 01:48 AM
agreed. some hobbies are private. weedleaf and 420 bs is extremely tacky imo. "buhhhh weed isn't a drug it's an herb!! #stonerlife" like just shut up and smoke ya lowbrow.

a nonchalant approach is much more graceful.

Abhorrence
June 3rd, 2017, 07:53 AM
Completely agree with you. I've always found weed culture to just be ridiculous. Too many people that smoke it want to shove it in everyone's faces because they think they're cool and hip just for smoking weed. In reality, nobody gives a flying fuck if you smoke weed but if you announce it whenever you do then you're more likely to actually get in trouble for it.

ShineintheDark
June 3rd, 2017, 08:32 AM
Any culture or obsession over anything is stupid basically. Happens for most things I'm afraid

PlasmaHam
June 3rd, 2017, 01:46 PM
I am really annoyed at this extreme pro-marijuana culture among some. No one thinks you are cool because you like to get high. More than likely people will just see you as a hippie druggie with no life. We can argue about tobacco, but at least cigarette smokers don't constantly praise their drug addiction as enlightened.

Uniquemind
June 3rd, 2017, 01:57 PM
I just don't like obnoxious people like that in general...same goes with people who flash money around like that, or to an even greater extent use their beauty to one-up others and say "I'm prettier and better than you".

It's the same principle in all these cases.

PinkFloyd
June 3rd, 2017, 05:10 PM
I don't have much of an opinion on weed itself since I don't have any experience with it but yeah stoner culture is so annoying. It'll be interesting to see what these people move onto next once pot is legal everywhere in the U.S.

The people that smoke it to feel cool because they're breaking the law will likely move up to things like MDMA, LSD, and other second tier illegal drugs. It won't be pretty.

agreed. some hobbies are private. weedleaf and 420 bs is extremely tacky imo. "buhhhh weed isn't a drug it's an herb!! #stonerlife" like just shut up and smoke ya lowbrow.

a nonchalant approach is much more graceful.

Like, it's okay to have strong beliefs about weed legalization, but it's best to keep those thoughts to yourself unless you're with other users or it's brought up in conversation. Even then, it's best to keep it on the low. I was joking with one of my friends saying shit like "hell yea, blaze it 420," and this other guy who was also in the same place as us thought I was being serious, and not joking. It was really cringey.

Completely agree with you. I've always found weed culture to just be ridiculous. Too many people that smoke it want to shove it in everyone's faces because they think they're cool and hip just for smoking weed. In reality, nobody gives a flying fuck if you smoke weed but if you announce it whenever you do then you're more likely to actually get in trouble for it.

Yep, a big example of that would be bumper stickers. if I was a cop and I saw a car with a green 420 bumper sticker, I'd go far out of my way to find somethign to pull them over for.

I am really annoyed at this extreme pro-marijuana culture among some. No one thinks you are cool because you like to get high. More than likely people will just see you as a hippie druggie with no life. We can argue about tobacco, but at least cigarette smokers don't constantly praise their drug addiction as enlightened.

Yeah, the best way to go about smoking pot is to just keep it to yourself unless you're with people that also smoke it. In all other cases, you're right, people will think you're an idiot, because people that brag about smoking pot are usually just that----idiotic.

I just don't like obnoxious people like that in general...same goes with people who flash money around like that, or to an even greater extent use their beauty to one-up others and say "I'm prettier and better than you".

It's the same principle in all these cases.

It's the worst when a few of those blend together. I used to work with a guy who was a pretty successful drug dealer. He would constantly ask me to guess how much his belt buckle cost and always tried selling me Coke...AT WORK. He was fired shortly after that happened. :lol:

Jspams
June 22nd, 2017, 09:27 PM
a lot of the people at my school smoke, and they're extremely annoying about it like over play it and shit.

Mark Hopkins
June 23rd, 2017, 12:31 PM
Well I don't quite know anythign about weed. But I am just wondering if we will be addicted to that and somehow weed cannot satisfy us and we need to move on to some other stronger drugs like cocain.

BlackParadePixie
June 24th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Hmmmm, I guess maybe I have a totally different view of it since where I am from it's basically been legal my whole life.

devotionnel
June 24th, 2017, 04:27 PM
There's this girl in the year below me that goes to my school and fits into most of what people have said. Weed is 100% illegal in the UK and she legitimately flaunts it around constantly on social media. I don't wanna be that awkward snitch that reports her but one day it's gonna go and bite her back in the ass. If she just laid it low I wouldn't give 2 hoots because there's people like that in my year but it's just the fact that she'll post it on her social media when it's completely not necessary most days if not everyday.

Just JT
June 24th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Well I don't quite know anythign about weed. But I am just wondering if we will be addicted to that and somehow weed cannot satisfy us and we need to move on to some other stronger drugs like cocain.

Weeds not really addictive though. Well at least not like coke herion or other opiate. Like the shit I been eating for about a year and a half

Weeds way better for you than any of that shit. Last winter after surgery, I was so sick of the painkillers, smoked some weed, had no pain, and felt better

Think the addiction thing is something coming from
The docs pushing to many pain pills

Human
June 25th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Yeah it's pretty dumb, it's just a drug. I like some aspects of the culture but to me it's just a drug.

DriveAlive
June 25th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Never smoked weed before going to college. I like it and it feels better than getting really drunk but a lot of weed is way too strong and does not give a clean high. I do not understand why people fucking worship this stuff.

Falcons_11
June 25th, 2017, 10:55 PM
I don't know all the fuss is about. All of these, alcohol, cannabis, heroin, cocaine, are mind altering and dangerous hallucinogens. For decades the government has been crusading against tobacco use. Everywhere they are ads calling for the end of tobacco usage (and rightly so). But, at least, if you are a cigarette smoker you cannot die from an overdose or drive impaired and endanger or, perhaps, kill others. For tobacco users the only danger for you down the road is a couple kinds of cancer, that's if you don't die from a heroin or cocaine overdose. If I had to choose my vice I would choose cigarettes.

Kacchon
June 26th, 2017, 01:31 AM
Now I'm 100% for legalization to the point of recreational usage, but cannot stand people who are obsessed with marijuana and act like it's some sort of lifestyle. That also includes people who smoke weed likely because it's illegal. Literally nobody cares. Using it is fine, but going on about it and posting that stuff on social media is just trashy.

I've never (really) smoked it before, though, so I have no opinion on the drug itself.

Orange Kenny
June 26th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Well, all kinds of bragging is just irritating and stupid. Braggers suck in general.
It's not so much about weed itself, it's more about how people want to discriminate themselves from others, based on something that's usually neither that interesting, nor "special" for that matter.

And then there's this kind of people that may have the greatest talents or do the most interesting things and never say a word about themselves.

I'll let you guess who's actually more of a special, genuine human being.

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 03:29 PM
I agree. Some people wear pot t-shirts. I don't know who would want to be a walking bill board advertising drugs. It's not a good way to represent yourself.

Melodic
August 13th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I absolutely agree!

Adding onto those who are apart of stoner culture. I get so annoyed at those who also smoke it all the time to the point they don't even function in normal society because they're constantly stoned. Yes, it's been proven that Marijuana isn't addictive but it can easily be abused just like any other drug.