PDA

View Full Version : Too shy to talk to my crush

Pika2001
June 2nd, 2017, 08:47 PM
Hey, I know that I have made a similar post in the past, but here we go. So lately, I have been quite upset (I don't think I'm depressed) about the fact that I can't talk to girls at all because I'm way too shy. I have had a huge crush on this really cute girl for about a year so far and it sucks because whenever I see her, I'm too shy and have no confidence to talk to her so I just end up fantasizing about us cuddling and stuff like that, then immediately after, I usually fell a bit down knowing the fact that that will never happen. this happens whenever I think about her.
I hate it when just say that I need more confidence, because I already know I need more and how the heck do I get more confidence?
Also, feel free to comment any advice but (no offense) whenever I receive advice for this kind of thing, I'm still way too shy, so I doubt the advice will work.

Chaosphere
June 2nd, 2017, 11:39 PM
Hey, I know that I have made a similar post in the past, but here we go. So lately, I have been quite upset (I don't think I'm depressed) about the fact that I can't talk to girls at all because I'm way too shy. I have had a huge crush on this really cute girl for about a year so far and it sucks because whenever I see her, I'm too shy and have no confidence to talk to her so I just end up fantasizing about us cuddling and stuff like that, then immediately after, I usually fell a bit down knowing the fact that that will never happen. this happens whenever I think about her.
I hate it when just say that I need more confidence, because I already know I need more and how the heck do I get more confidence?
Also, feel free to comment any advice but (no offense) whenever I receive advice for this kind of thing, I'm still way too shy, so I doubt the advice will work.
Here's how I think of it: You want to talk to this girl because you want her in your life, right? And if you talk to her, and she rejects you, then you wouldn't want her in your life anyway. That's the ABSOLUTE worst that can happen, then you feel down for a while, and then someone else comes along. But if she does turn out to be someone you'd want to associate with, she'll accept you, either as a lover or a friend. The only way to increase your attractiveness to someone is to act confident, and the way to achieve that is to realize that you have very little to lose in this situation and so much to gain. The best advice I can give you is to keep the mantra, "here we go," in your head, and take the first step. You don't have anything to lose. Just make that first move, then after you see that it wasn't so bad, you'll build more confidence. But if you aren't willing to try your best to make a change, neither I nor anyone else can help you. Please, let us know how everything goes, and I hope this helps.

jamie_n5
June 12th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Some how or way you are going to have to get through your fears and hurdles and talk to girls. Is it easy for you to talk to other guys about anything or are you shy there too? Maybe in reality you should see a counselor for some help. They are good at getting to the problems and helping you out. Good luck man.

MrSandman
June 13th, 2017, 08:43 AM
In all honesty, I have been in exactly your situation in the past. I rarely talked to my crush, and treasured every moment we shared together. I just spent my time fantasising about our future together, and fantasising in "other" ways.
In the end, I never asked her out or really got that close to her. She goes to a different school now, so I'll basically never see her again. I regret not asking her out every day now.
My advice? Suck it up and talk to her. Get to know her. Then, once you're ready ask her out. Ultimately, you have nothing to lose. I learned that just too late. Don't do what I did. Just go for it.

Pareta3mou
June 15th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Lots of people have been in your situation, i have been in the exact situation as well. Being a shy person makes it harder and complicates everything especially if it's your crush. There are also people who are waiting for the proper time to make their move and ultimately they miss their chance. My advice is to overcome your fears and talk her, rejection is always better than living with regrets. You never know, you have nothing to lose!

Good Luck!