PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use a keyboard like this?

Jamiec1130
June 2nd, 2017, 03:37 PM
Has anyone ever struggled to use a keyboard with a broken letter? The one I'm typing on is the only mechanical one I have, and I have to keep another keyboard on my desk for the letter "C". This is so frustrating, but the traces are corroded off the circuit board inside, so there's no real hope of fixing it. It's a Dell At101 (that doesn't even have a Windows key), and I love the switches, so I think I'm going to get another one. Anyone else?

jdhud024
June 2nd, 2017, 05:45 PM
Meh. I am not picky about keyboards, whatever is available at the time is what gets used. And if the dishwasher can't fix it, I'll throw it away and buy another cheap keyboard off of Amazon. I do care about mice though, the new MX Master is lookin fire.

Jamiec1130
June 2nd, 2017, 07:23 PM
Meh. I am not picky about keyboards, whatever is available at the time is what gets used. And if the dishwasher can't fix it, I'll throw it away and buy another cheap keyboard off of Amazon. I do care about mice though, the new MX Master is lookin fire.

I'm not too picky about keyboards either, but I type WAY faster on the broken one, even with the broken key taken into account, than I do with all the rubber mushboards I also have. I don't have any "fancy" mice yet.

jdhud024
June 2nd, 2017, 09:38 PM
The only keyboard I can type fast and accurately on is my MacBook Pro's keyboard, because it's my most used machine.

I used to have an MX Master until it broke (fell out of my truck and got run over lmao) but I don't need a fancy mouse right now anyway as right now all my stuff except my two servers are packed up since I'm moving soon, so I don't really have a desk setup anymore. My dual monitor setup is packed away sadly. Oh well.