PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Bmble_B
June 1st, 2017, 07:25 PM
So yeah long story short, there's this guy at school I like a lot. But...he's straight! (Didn't see that coming) So I already told him that I was gay, and he was completely fine with it and still willing to be my friend. And that sounds nice and all but, I still have feelings for him and I don't know if him and I being friends would work out because of that. So, should I just cut him off? (I know it sounds mean, but I'm asking for my own sake.)

ska8er
June 1st, 2017, 09:06 PM
U may have to realize that even tho he may
not hold any romantic feelings for u-he still
considers u his friend and I think u should
b glad that he is understanding. Its better
to have him to talk to then to drop him
cause this way u get to know him better.
Who knows in the long run he just might
b hiding a secret.

mick01
June 2nd, 2017, 12:05 PM
This has happened to me before where I had a crush on a straight friend. When I accepted that nothing was going to happen between us, and stopped having sexual fantasies about him, and stopped wanting to be with all the time, I got over the crush and now we're friends. And now I wonder why I was even crushing on him in the first place. So if you think you can just accept him as a friend and accept that nothing is going to happen between you two, you can probably stay friends. But if you can't get over him, you need to stay away from him for some time.

Bmble_B
June 2nd, 2017, 04:09 PM
This has happened to me before where I had a crush on a straight friend. When I accepted that nothing was going to happen between us, and stopped having sexual fantasies about him, and stopped wanting to be with all the time, I got over the crush and now we're friends. And now I wonder why I was even crushing on him in the first place. So if you think you can just accept him as a friend and accept that nothing is going to happen between you two, you can probably stay friends. But if you can't get over him, you need to stay away from him for some time.

Thanks man

Coolteenboy
June 2nd, 2017, 04:22 PM
Just b friends for now. We can all use more good friends.
And who knows, if u get closer bcuz of the friendship, something else might happen!!!

jamie_n5
June 12th, 2017, 09:37 PM
I am gay also and have a boyfriend. But we are open enough to let each other get a BJ or HJ from an other guy or girl and also give.But intercourse is special and reserved for only us. I also have had feelings and a thing for straight guys in the past and we are still good friends. So I think you can remain friends.

SethfromMI
June 13th, 2017, 07:36 AM
the fact is, your going to end up being around a lot of guys who your going to find attractive who are not going to have those same types of feelings for. it is not only going to happen with straight guys, but it can happen with bi and gay guys as well. it is not like all bi and gay guys are attracted to every single guy. anyways, he is a friend. he was still willing to be your friend even when he knew you are gay. that is something a lot of straight guys have a problem doing sometimes. I would absolutely continue to be his friend. you just need to realize your friends and enjoy the friendship for what it is. if you try to avoid every single straight guy you might be attracted to, life is going to be more and more difficult.

demathadude
June 15th, 2017, 01:54 AM
I still think its good to keep him as a friend.

ShineintheDark
June 15th, 2017, 12:05 PM
If you cut him off, you'll never be able to improve on staying platonic. Try your very hardest to stay friends so that you can enjoy him as a friend at least

pconnor
June 19th, 2017, 07:44 PM
You can never have enough friends in life.

TWDjacob
June 20th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Don't drop him as a friend. I've had the same situation, you just need to try and move on (romantically)even though it will be hard

Just JT
June 20th, 2017, 07:56 AM
"Friends" are hard to come by. Don't waste a chance to have/keep a good one.