PDA

View Full Version : Would love opinions on my cover of Issues by Julia Michaels

Davidscott13
May 29th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Hey guys! I just uploaded my first cover to my youtube channel and would love some feedback, as I want to keep improving with every video :)

Let me know what you think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLzUIVfmh-c&t=4s

Amethyst Rose
May 29th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Music :arrow2: Other Works

Blackwell2003
June 2nd, 2017, 03:01 PM
Try singing it in your chest voice rather than your head voice, so down an octave. Might be able to put some more power into it! But over all good!

Melodic
June 2nd, 2017, 05:09 PM
You have a really good voice! It's very original too which is awesome!

A little criticism, It was when you hit near the chorus you started to struggle with the higher notes. It seemed a little like you weren't confident enough to hit them so there wasn't much of a transition from the verse to the chorus. It may have been a range issue so I would also recommend also trying to hit the song in a lower key if that's the case.

Here's a video of another male performing Issues. Don't focus too much on his voice as you have a different range.. focus on his transitions from the verse to the pre chorus to the chorus. You'll see what I mean.

4ERaivEQFyw

Otherwise, you did awesome & I hope to see more performance posted! It excites me to see another vocalist on here posting their music as well!

folej003
July 11th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Think you need to strip it back to just a guitar personally then slow it down and sing it in a lower tone.