PDA

View Full Version : Longest server uptime?

Jamiec1130
May 29th, 2017, 12:48 PM
What is the longest your server has ever been up for? My record is 64 days, and everything was fine until an Nvidia driver crashed. My other server (both mentioned here are Windows Server 2012 R2 machines) has hit 23 days, but we had unstable power one evening, and I don't have enough money to get a UPS.

jdhud024
May 29th, 2017, 04:28 PM
My record that I know of is about 30 days on my Time Machine FreeNAS 9.2.1.9 HP server I built. Only had to be shut down because I was painting the room it is in and everything had to be moved out. It and my file server HP FreeNAS server both run nonstop, only shut down when the power is out longer than the UPS lasts for or I'm playing with the hardware. I never log in to the GUI or anything unless I have to, so I never see how long they have been running for. I'm sure that its run longer than 30 days before, but I just never really check lol.

Jamiec1130
May 31st, 2017, 03:24 PM
Well just my luck. We had a short power outage that affected my house and my school, even though they're miles apart. There goes a new record, but hey, both my servers are safe.

jdhud024
July 10th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Currently one is at 59 days, and the other is at 49 days. Doing some settings changes on both of them so I decided to look at the uptime.

ImCoolBeans
July 12th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Currently running 265 days uptime. I don't know if that's our record actually, but I think that's pretty good :P

Leon03
July 12th, 2017, 12:11 PM
We have an OpenMediaVault NAS for our house to store all our music, family pics, videos, tv recordings on it. It had an uptime of around 475 days before we shut it down to upgrade to 3.0.81 a few days ago.

jdhud024
July 19th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Currently one is at 59 days, and the other is at 49 days. Doing some settings changes on both of them so I decided to look at the uptime.

Had to physically move them in my room since I was moving furniture around so they both had to start over about a week ago.

Fleek
July 19th, 2017, 11:33 PM
I want a server. Not sure what I would do with it tho... But I am a web master in training. I'm sure I could find a use for one!

jdhud024
July 19th, 2017, 11:59 PM
I want a server. Not sure what I would do with it tho... But I am a web master in training. I'm sure I could find a use for one!

You can make one easily out of an old desktop and a flash drive using FreeNAS. That's what I did and its great. Run it on two older HP desktops and love it.