PDA

View Full Version : Breakup Depression

kyl3m0k
May 27th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Hey. I've just recently broken up, about a month ago and my feelings have dropped so low and blue, I honestly don't know if I am able to cope with it anymore. My feelings have been affecting me almost everything in my daily life, from school to home, and its been sadness, depression, and frustration over and over again. Please help.

SethfromMI
May 27th, 2017, 11:35 AM
well I hate to tell you this, but sadly, these things take time. sometimes a lot of time. try to do things to take your mind of it. try dating someone else. at the very least, spend time with friends and maybe even meet some new ones. I am not going to say there will come a day when you will no longer think about the person you were dating anymore, but in time, esp when you have found someone else who does love you and you love them, it will get easier. In the mean time, as hard as it is, you got to keep on living life.

If things are getting extreme though, to the point where your life is indeed becoming severely affected by this, then it might be possible you will need to see a counselor or something. but it is something most of us have been through. I know I had (kind of still am). it is not always easy but one of the things which has best helped me is keeping myself busy and getting right back out there.

I wish you the very best of luck. this is a good place to come to for help and support

PinkFloyd
May 27th, 2017, 01:28 PM
well I hate to tell you this, but sadly, these things take time. sometimes a lot of time. try to do things to take your mind of it. try dating someone else. at the very least, spend time with friends and maybe even meet some new ones. I am not going to say there will come a day when you will no longer think about the person you were dating anymore, but in time, esp when you have found someone else who does love you and you love them, it will get easier. In the mean time, as hard as it is, you got to keep on living life.

If things are getting extreme though, to the point where your life is indeed becoming severely affected by this, then it might be possible you will need to see a counselor or something. but it is something most of us have been through. I know I had (kind of still am). it is not always easy but one of the things which has best helped me is keeping myself busy and getting right back out there.

I wish you the very best of luck. this is a good place to come to for help and support

This exactly. I wouldn't be able to say it better myself. I went through a pretty bad breakup this past February. It was a mutual thing, but this girl and I had been dating for over two years. I felt the same way you feel for a while. It's mostly gone, but I still have some bad feelings from that whole thing.

kyl3m0k
May 27th, 2017, 11:33 PM

I have been to the counsellor.. and honestly, it's been as I said more than a month now, and so far it seems like its getting harder and harder every day.. and I really don't know what to do.. *sigh*

SethfromMI
May 28th, 2017, 07:43 PM
I have been to the counsellor.. and honestly, it's been as I said more than a month now, and so far it seems like its getting harder and harder every day.. and I really don't know what to do.. *sigh*

maybe you need a new counselor. maybe you need to talk to someone else. sadly, sometimes it is a time thing man. sometimes it takes a lot of time. but you got to take it one moment at a time

kyl3m0k
June 30th, 2017, 12:46 PM
The counselor's fine, she helps me a lot, but thing is that no matter how hard I try to distract myself with other activities, and no matter where I go or what I do, I just end up getting flashbacks and memories, and it just continuously kills me for nights straight, but i mean I guess my condition's getting better, but its still flipping hard..