PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me getting fit again

devo343
May 25th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Ive been sednatary for 2 years now and wanna get fit again i did some pushups for about 30 mins and plan on start running for 45 mins a day is this enough to get fit?
Btw im 15 borderline underweight and eat poor
And drink alot.of water (with every dinner and about 2-3 cups a day)
Thanks for help

Forgot to.mention im 116 pounds

Posts merged. ~Amethyst Rose

lliam
May 25th, 2017, 06:24 PM
take things slow. just increase that pensum step by step.

Drinking water alone will not help getting fitter. If you are underweight and you are about to exercise and such, you've to gain weight too. That means eating more food ... but in your case I recommand seeing a doctor first to be on right track.

Matryoshkasystem
May 25th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I gree with the above post, take it slow, also see omeone who can help you. Your body won't like giantic changes like this. Instead of focusing on length of the workout, focus on the ammount your doing in it.For example I don't hve any set time, but I'm trying to do 30 to 40 pushups, 10 to 20 sit-ups or crunches-lower back is naturally weak so I have to be careful-, squats-these can range but usually above 20-, and am planning on adding more. I think it's better to focus on ammount rather than length at first, that way you aren't needlessly pushing yourself too early. Aka quality over qunatity, rather than have an impressive time with little essence to it-sure you have to do them for that length, but you can manipulate how long it takes just to do one-, have a decent time with more essence-it's not that long but since there is a focus on ammount you are getting that ammount no matter what-. Not saying a focus on time isn't worth it, but that should come later, that way the body isn't screaming "End my suffering!" half way through the workout. You are thinking like you are still in the shpae you were before, where in reality, you aren't.

devo343
May 26th, 2017, 02:35 AM
take things slow. just increase that pensum step by step.

Drinking water alone will not help getting fitter. If you are underweight and you are about to exercise and such, you've to gain weight too. That means eating more food ... but in your case I recommand seeing a doctor first to be on right track.
why would i need to see a doctor is it because im underweight?
i can tell you that im happy with my weight at 116 and 5'5 of 19.3 BMI
and the reason i cant gain weight is because were a seletivce eater we can afford tons of food we can eat but i cant eat a ton or to what i think will make me full

BlackParadePixie
May 26th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Go see a nutritionist. If your goal really is to gain some weight (muscle and body fat) he/she can recommend you things to eat. My guess is it will include foods with more carbs and proteins.

lliam
May 26th, 2017, 08:10 PM
why would i need to see a doctor is it because im underweight?

Yepp. You didn't come up with detailed datas.

So, in general, it's better to consult a doctor in the first place, who can make a personalized fitness plan because of a physical checkup etc, preventing someone from ruining his own health by doing faulty fitness exercises and such.

PlasmaHam
May 27th, 2017, 02:11 PM
If you want to get fit, you will need to increase your caloric and nutritional intake. And given that you are underweight and a self-admittant poor eater, you need to do this especially so. No matter how much you exercise, if you don't get enough nutrients you simply won't get fit. For you, I would recommend increasing your protein, carb, and vitamin intake considerably.

As for the exercises themselves, just take it slow. If you start too hard, you will simply wear yourself out and possibly harm your body. Just build up over time to where you want to be.