PDA

View Full Version : Explosion Inside Manchester Arena 19 Dead 50 Injured

mattsmith48
May 22nd, 2017, 09:32 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

Nineteen people have been killed and about 50 injured in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena.
The blast happened at about 22:35 BST on Monday following a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.
The cause is unknown but PM Theresa May said her thoughts were with those affected by "what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack".
British Transport Police said the explosion was in the arena's foyer.

Greater Manchester Police has established an emergency telephone number in response to the attack. It is: 0161 856 9400.
The prime minister has suspended her general election campaigning and will chair a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra committee later, in response to the attack.
Mrs May said: "We are working to establish the full details" of what had happened in Manchester.
"All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected," Mrs May said.

Unconfirmed reports from two unnamed US officials suggested the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber...

Uniquemind
May 23rd, 2017, 04:32 AM
Was anybody from the VT community affected by this? I know we have a lot of people from the UK as part of our posters.

I wish everyone peace and safety, and pray for those who have not been as fortunate.

LITTLEANGEL16
May 23rd, 2017, 06:51 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

update:- 22 dead, 59 injured both children and adults many with life treating injuries. At the concert by US singer Ariana Grande

RIP to all who lost their lives. God Bless Everyone involved including Family and Friends. Also please pray for everyone involved.
Angie xxx

THIS IS THE LATEST BBC NEWS LINK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk

PlasmaHam
May 23rd, 2017, 11:53 AM
ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the attack. But to be fair, we have to take that claim with a grain of salt, as ISIS will claim just about anything, regardless of whether they pulled it off or not.

ShineintheDark
May 23rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
I live just round the corner from the city and I;ve been past the palce where the bomb exploded hundreds of times so it's really surreal for me

PinkFloyd
May 23rd, 2017, 02:08 PM
ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the attack. But to be fair, we have to take that claim with a grain of salt, as ISIS will claim just about anything, regardless of whether they pulled it off or not.

That's true. They even claimed responsibility for a knife attack at a mall in a medium-sized city called St. Cloud in north-central Minnesota. No one but the attacker died, but there were ten injuries.

zzzzzzzzzz
May 23rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
Been watching the news on and off all day. The youngest of the 22 dead was just 8 years old :-(. I do not understand what goes through the mind of someone that does something like this. The security threat has just been raised from severe to critical (as high as it can get). I'm not a fan of Trump, but he's refereed to these people as evil losers. I will never understand.

Amethyst Rose
May 23rd, 2017, 05:50 PM
I've been hearing news about this off and on throughout the day... it's just horrible that someone would have any desire to do that. My thoughts and prayers are with all affected.

Periphery
May 24th, 2017, 12:22 AM
You know, the people doing this are just cowards. They're not big scary mean guys. They're fucking pussies. Going insidr a venue that is mostly filled with teenage girls and then blowing yourself up, is not an act of honour, an act of courage. You're a fucking pussy.

Lucy G
May 24th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I've been hearing news about this off and on throughout the day... it's just horrible that someone would have any desire to do that. My thoughts and prayers are with all affected.

I asked my mum. She said basically because ISIS hate western values and freedom. The fact that children / young people (especially girls) can actually go and enjoy themselves is so totally against ISIS wishes.

It's all over the news here right now of course.

Exocet
May 24th, 2017, 01:16 PM
I asked my mum. She said basically because ISIS hate western values and freedom. The fact that children / young people (especially girls) can actually go and enjoy themselves is so totally against ISIS wishes.

It's all over the news here right now of course.

Your mum probably didn't tell you that western countries including Britain were dropping thousands of bombs in Iraq and Syria,which killed lot of civilians including children and elderly. But of course,nobody gives a f/ck about them.

The attack in Manchester was coward and barbaric of course. So is dropping bombs from thousands of feets in the air. You know,when a baby dies in an airstrike,for them it's a good reason to attack the western world.

Stronk Serb
May 24th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Well, in order to prevent this, you can do it by putting all the Muslims and migrants into concentration camps. I mean the US did it to the Japanese immigrants during WWII. I would not support that, but I would enact measures to prevent a large influx of Muslims. For now, their values are incompatible to ours, will probably be for a long time. Also concerni g the Middle East, cut your losses and leave. Let Assad remain in Syria and just pull your dicks out of that hornet's nest.

mattsmith48
May 24th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Well, in order to prevent this, you can do it by putting all the Muslims and migrants into concentration camps. I mean the US did it to the Japanese immigrants during WWII. I would not support that, but I would enact measures to prevent a large influx of Muslims. For now, their values are incompatible to ours, will probably be for a long time.

Hitler tried that with the Jews and how did that end again? Doing shit like this only helps groups like ISIS recruit members and supporters, and you are not preventing terrorist attacks from happening, you are encouraging them.

Also concerni g the Middle East, cut your losses and leave. Let Assad remain in Syria and just pull your dicks out of that hornet's nest.

For a few years Ive been saying everyone should leave the Middle East and let the locals fix this giant fuck up the west created

SethfromMI
May 24th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Hitler tried that with the Jews and how did that end again? Doing shit like this only helps groups like ISIS recruit members and supporters, and you are not preventing terrorist attacks from happening, you are encouraging them.

For a few years Ive been saying everyone should leave the Middle East and let the locals fix this giant fuck up the west created

I agree. it was wrong when America did it to the Japanese in WWII. Maybe we did not try to exterminate a people like the Germans did to the Jews (and other people groups as well), but it was still a crime nonetheless. America didn't give reparations for no reason, not that it justifies it.

If one is here illegally, then something can be done about the said illegal individual. If there is proof one is planning to commit a terrorist act, then something can be done about the said individual/s. but I agree, we can't to that to a whole people, doing so is only going to fan the flames

Barbara.
May 24th, 2017, 06:01 PM
I prey for the victims that's involved and the families for their great loss. Very sad as all other terrorist attacks, but this isn't going to be the last by far mean.

Porpoise101
May 24th, 2017, 09:18 PM
For a few years Ive been saying everyone should leave the Middle East and let the locals fix this giant fuck up the west createdAnd then what. Watch as petty men fail to unite shattered states? Perhaps we witness the rise of an Islamist state openly hostile to us as we have been dreading ever since we saw the effect of one such situation in Afghanistan (hint: it starts with a 9 and ends with an 11). "Just pulling out" is not a practicle or reasonable situation at this time. We are trapped, and if we leave we are guaranteed to face many upfront costs that we would rather avoid.

By the way, many of these attacks are projected to sprout up in Europe this year as IS fighters begin to return to their home countries in Europe. If Europeans really wish to mitigate and prevent the terrorism issue, then something that is reasonable and politically palatable is to go and find out which nationals left and fought for IS. Then you arrest, try, and punish them.

Uniquemind
May 25th, 2017, 12:03 AM
And then what. Watch as petty men fail to unite shattered states? Perhaps we witness the rise of an Islamist state openly hostile to us as we have been dreading ever since we saw the effect of one such situation in Afghanistan (hint: it starts with a 9 and ends with an 11). "Just pulling out" is not a practicle or reasonable situation at this time. We are trapped, and if we leave we are guaranteed to face many upfront costs that we would rather avoid.

By the way, many of these attacks are projected to sprout up in Europe this year as IS fighters begin to return to their home countries in Europe. If Europeans really wish to mitigate and prevent the terrorism issue, then something that is reasonable and politically palatable is to go and find out which nationals left and fought for IS. Then you arrest, try, and punish them.

So Europe should adopt a policy toward those that left to travel to a region of the world that is unstable and hostile to their home country, of a "once left return is not admitted" policy?

I could see that happening.

Periphery
May 25th, 2017, 12:54 AM
Your mum probably didn't tell you that western countries including Britain were dropping thousands of bombs in Iraq and Syria,which killed lot of civilians including children and elderly. But of course,nobody gives a f/ck about them.

The attack in Manchester was coward and barbaric of course. So is dropping bombs from thousands of feets in the air. You know,when a baby dies in an airstrike,for them it's a good reason to attack the western world.

Honestly, for once I agree 100% with you. In the long run, we are to blame for all of these attacks. We, the western world. What many western countries, and especially yhe US should realise is that they are not the global police and can't just interfere wherever they want. That doesn't justify these attacks in any way or form, but it should also make us think about what we have done in their countries.

ShineintheDark
May 25th, 2017, 12:41 PM
It's a very complicatedf issue. yes, our involvement in the Middle East had caused amny of the problems and wars there eg. Iraq, Libya etc. Then again, we didn;t get involved in Syria because of how much we screwed up in the past and look how bad it's got. There's no concrete solution to fix all of the problems except minimise our involvement as much as possible. We have to bare in mind that conflict and mistrust is what they want: they prey on vunerable and bullied youths who are looking for validation to carry out the attacks. By rejecting them and telling them they don;t belong or are to blame for all the conflict only makes them more vunerable to radicalisation.

Snowfox
May 25th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Solutions to this problem exist. But there is another problem. Those who are in power do not want to do anything to stop this wave of terror.
They have all means to stop this from ever happening again. They just don't give a flying fuck about killed citicens.

Uniquemind
May 25th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Solutions to this problem exist. But there is another problem. Those who are in power do not want to do anything to stop this wave of terror.
They have all means to stop this from ever happening again. They just don't give a flying fuck about killed citicens.

That and it doesn't help that when we attack, the enemy deliberately embeds themselves in civilian populations.

So, it's not a complete fair comparison, it's not like we have soldiers at a concert venue. All of those hurt were deliberately just citizens.

PlasmaHam
May 25th, 2017, 10:22 PM
The West is not to blame for these attacks. People don't go kill 20 young people and themselves just because they have some personal dislike of another country. I am not saying Western interference of the region was a good thing for the cause of terrorism, but ultimately the blame falls on radical extremist ideology.

mattsmith48
May 26th, 2017, 12:57 AM
So Europe should adopt a policy toward those that left to travel to a region of the world that is unstable and hostile to their home country, of a "once left return is not admitted" policy?

I could see that happening.

You can't prevent your own citizens from entering your country.

How do you explain that Iraq and Syria are currently fighting ISIS?

That and it doesn't help that when we attack, the enemy deliberately embeds themselves in civilian populations.

So, it's not a complete fair comparison, it's not like we have soldiers at a concert venue. All of those hurt were deliberately just citizens.

No you're not that cruel, you're just bombing wedding ceremonies and hospitals.

The West is not to blame for these attacks. People don't go kill 20 young people and themselves just because they have some personal dislike of another country. I am not saying Western interference of the region was a good thing for the cause of terrorism, but ultimately the blame falls on radical extremist ideology.

Western interference?! More like western terrorism.

So almost 20 years of western terrorist attacks in the middle east is not to blame for what happened?

PlasmaHam
May 26th, 2017, 07:51 AM
I heard a phrase a while back, don't remember it exactly, but it goes something like this, "If the first thing you think after a terrorist attack, is how to defend the terrorist's motives, then you are way too entrenched in ideology for your own good."

Just in, a group of Coptic Christians were killed this morning in Egypt by a group of gunmen while on their way to church. So far, 26 have died, and 25 are wounded. ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the killings. This recent attack brings the number of Coptic Christian terrorist attack deaths in Egypt to over 100 for the last six months. (Source) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/egypt-coptic-christians-attack_us_592803bde4b01b9a59381117?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009)

So almost 20 years of western terrorist attacks in the middle east is not to blame for what happened?
Okay, so how exactly is the West at fault for this attack against native Christians in Egypt?

Snowfox
May 26th, 2017, 11:31 AM
You can't prevent your own citizens from entering your country.
Yes you can. Just tell them that they are not citicens and thats it.
Or even better shoot them on sight.

How do you explain that Iraq and Syria are currently fighting ISIS?
Syria well Assads regime is for good reason. Assad is brutal tyrant and is fighting for his life and power.

No you're not that cruel, you're just bombing wedding ceremonies and hospitals.

Better answer for all this.
Brutal terrorism can be beated one way.
Even more brutal counter attack getting rid of current muslim population in the west. Letting them choose to go away or die.
Putting 100000 muslims hanging on trees every time something like this happens and telling rest of them to fuck of.
That would solve problem
It would be brute way to do it. I dont say it wouldnt be. But it would surely work.

To be more precise. Wester politicians and those in power are doing simply nothing to prevent terrorist attacks.
We know that muslims and islam is behind all of those attacks. Thus removing Islam from west would be perfect solution.

Posts merged. Please use the edit function next time. ~Amethyst Rose

PlasmaHam
May 26th, 2017, 11:44 AM
I say the best way to end terrorism is to load C-130s with bacon grease, and dump the load over an ISIS stronghold. And then finish them off with another MOAB. But I guess that would be considered chemical warfare.

http://cdn.liberallogic101.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/17362715_1329794253807089_2335288376798414185_n.jpg

Snowfox
May 26th, 2017, 12:25 PM
PlasmaHam I absolutelly agree.
Also to equip all anti muslim/antiterrorist soldiers with ammo that contains pig grease.
what about boiling ISIS fighters to death in pig grease and make it evening news in all channels

mattsmith48
May 26th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I heard a phrase a while back, don't remember it exactly, but it goes something like this, "If the first thing you think after a terrorist attack, is how to defend the terrorist's motives, then you are way too entrenched in ideology for your own good."

Just in, a group of Coptic Christians were killed this morning in Egypt by a group of gunmen while on their way to church. So far, 26 have died, and 25 are wounded. ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the killings. This recent attack brings the number of Coptic Christian terrorist attack deaths in Egypt to over 100 for the last six months. (Source) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/egypt-coptic-christians-attack_us_592803bde4b01b9a59381117?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009)

Okay, so how exactly is the West at fault for this attack against native Christians in Egypt?

Just so you know Egypt is not a western country. I think its more about a few crazy person who developed a strong hatred towards one group to the point he wanted to kill them. Its not different thanwhen a gunman entered a church in North Carolina to kill black people or a mosque in Quebec to kill Muslims.

Better answer for all this.
Brutal terrorism can be beated one way.
Even more brutal counter attack getting rid of current muslim population in the west. Letting them choose to go away or die.
Putting 100000 muslims hanging on trees every time something like this happens and telling rest of them to fuck of.
That would solve problem
It would be brute way to do it. I dont say it wouldnt be. But it would surely work.

To be more precise. Wester politicians and those in power are doing simply nothing to prevent terrorist attacks.
We know that muslims and islam is behind all of those attacks. Thus removing Islam from west would be perfect solution.

PlasmaHam I absolutelly agree.
Also to equip all anti muslim/antiterrorist soldiers with ammo that contains pig grease.
what about boiling ISIS fighters to death in pig grease and make it evening news in all channels

Wow! Even Hitler is like ''this is a little too much''

Snowfox
May 26th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Just so you know Egypt is not a western country. I think its more about a few crazy person who developed a strong hatred towards one group to the point he wanted to kill them. Its not different thanwhen a gunman entered a church in North Carolina to kill black people or a mosque in Quebec to kill Muslims.

Wow! Even Hitler is like ''this is a little too much''

You think I am littlebit extreme???? I am moderate as far as i Know

mattsmith48
May 26th, 2017, 02:25 PM
You think I am littlebit extreme???? I am moderate as far as i Know

Moderate for what the KKK?

Jinglebottom
May 26th, 2017, 02:37 PM
I still get shocked at how low terrorists can be, but I know I shouldn't.

Snowfox
May 26th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Moderate for what the KKK?

Compared to my older brother. :D

ShineintheDark
May 26th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Compared to my older brother. :D Bruh that's like calling Dylann Roof a moderate racist cos he didn't lynch as many people as the KKK

Snowfox
May 26th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Bruh that's like calling Dylann Roof a moderate racist cos he didn't lynch as many people as the KKK

He was warrior. at least on his own mind....
But you must see that I am not racist in any way. My prejudices and hate is against muslims what ever their race. And on other hand I get along with every other religious group.

In our church which is small protestant sect priests teach us quite extreme views. But again our church has members from other races like many asians and few mestizo people as well. One of those mestizo girls is my hearts desire i am just too shy to tell it to her.
Our church doesn't belong to finnish state church which is corrupted pile of filth.
Many of our members are gun nuts.

And bsed to what i have seen in school. Everytime there has been terrorist attack somewhere in west muslim students along with leftist teachers celebrate it openly. Just like this time they did throw open party in school.

ShineintheDark
May 27th, 2017, 06:29 AM
I assure you dear, no one celebrates any attack unless they are full on terrorist sympathisers. It's such a shame we're all getting a warped view of each other in these arguments since I have fullfaith that we're all good people who are getting worked up over an argument that can;t be won by extreme views in the face of extremism.

Exocet
May 27th, 2017, 07:20 AM
The real fight shouldn't be against terrorism,but against the ultra radical ideologies exported by our """allies""" of the gulf,in which we close the eyes in front of their oil and their billions of $.

Jinglebottom
May 27th, 2017, 07:33 AM
The West truly has no integrity, always ready to bow down to Wahhabi **** (interpret that as you like) and petrodollars at the expense of the world's safety and security. No wonder Saudi Arabia ended up on the Women’s Rights Commission at the UN! Don't tell me this isn't absurd.

mattsmith48
May 27th, 2017, 11:07 AM
The West truly has no integrity, always ready to bow down to Wahhabi **** (interpret that as you like) and petrodollars at the expense of the world's safety and security. No wonder Saudi Arabia ended up on the Women’s Rights Commission at the UN! Don't tell me this isn't absurd.

Fuck Christianity, the real religion of the west is Oil and Money

lliam
May 27th, 2017, 12:03 PM
real fighting terrorism is just laughing in their faces, no matter how many people will die til terrorism stops ... for a while ... cause if there isn't any muslim terrorism anymore, for sure, any others will take over.

Snowfox
May 28th, 2017, 12:55 AM
The real fight shouldn't be against terrorism,but against the ultra radical ideologies exported by our """allies""" of the gulf,in which we close the eyes in front of their oil and their billions of $.

Why dont we simply bomb saudiarabia to pile of crumbling rock. And wipe them away and then send settlers from our jobless to ensure oil production.

Also and this i learned from church There is Terroristan somewhere we should get rid of that place:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Snowfox
May 28th, 2017, 12:56 AM
real fighting terrorism is just laughing in their faces, no matter how many people will die til terrorism stops ... for a while ... cause if there isn't any muslim terrorism anymore, for sure, any others will take over.

Like who. There is no other groups that like terrorism its purely muslim thing

mattsmith48
May 28th, 2017, 02:17 AM
Why dont we simply bomb saudiarabia to pile of crumbling rock. And wipe them away and then send settlers from our jobless to ensure oil production.

Well we can't because it would be a war crime and terrorism.

Also and this i learned from church There is Terroristan somewhere we should get rid of that place:lol::lol::lol::lol:

About a year ago, someone strongly criticize me for saying that religion should be keep away from kids to protect them from brainwashing and pedophilia. I guess I was right after all :)

I didn't know the entire US government and military were Muslims ;p

Snowfox
May 28th, 2017, 02:35 AM
US military is not muslim please explain????

mattsmith48
May 28th, 2017, 02:44 AM
please explain that one

You know the constant bombing of the Middle East

Snowfox
May 28th, 2017, 02:46 AM
BUt is not terrorism actually its war against terrorists.
Terrorists hate freedom and bomb us so we should wipe them out as self defence

BY the way i googled terroristan and it seems that place our country like that doesnt exist.
asked my bro about it and he told me that priest meant all Stan places that are there.

Posts merged. Please use the edit function next time. ~Amethyst Rose

mattsmith48
May 28th, 2017, 03:00 AM
BUt is not terrorism actually its war against terrorists.
Terrorists hate freedom and bomb us so we should wipe them out as self defence

And that includes the killing of millions of civilians and the bombing of wedding receptions and hospitals.

The only difference between bombing a wedding in the Middle East and a suicide bomber attacking a Ariana Grande concert is one did it by killing himself at the same time than all his victims and the other did it safely behind is screen controlling the drone who did it.

Snowfox
May 28th, 2017, 03:07 AM
There is moderate way to get rid of terrorims in the west. sending muslims away and keeping them away in their own countries.

realizing that multicultural dream that left has had doesnt actually work so nicely.
Islam is terrorism and worshipping of satan. (something i have been teached since i was lil boy)

Living For Love
May 28th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Honestly, for once I agree 100% with you. In the long run, we are to blame for all of these attacks. We, the western world. What many western countries, and especially yhe US should realise is that they are not the global police and can't just interfere wherever they want. That doesn't justify these attacks in any way or form, but it should also make us think about what we have done in their countries.

How do you explain the fact that ISIS kills their own people, meaning it does not kill only western people, but also fellow Muslim Iraqis and Syrians? If what truly moves them is their hatred of the West, which I can ultimately agree with, why killing and bombing their own people as well? Also, the western bombings happened after or before terrorist attacks? Basically, who bombed or who killed in the first place, the West or the terrorists?

Also, do you think the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists are the ones to blame for the attack on the newspaper as well?

Periphery
May 28th, 2017, 11:30 AM
How do you explain the fact that ISIS kills their own people, meaning it does not kill only western people, but also fellow Muslim Iraqis and Syrians? If what truly moves them is their hatred of the West, which I can ultimately agree with, why killing and bombing their own people as well? Also, the western bombings happened after or before terrorist attacks? Basically, who bombed or who killed in the first place, the West or the terrorists?

Also, do you think the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists are the ones to blame for the attack on the newspaper as well?

Well, sadly for that I can only go on with some wild speculation. Most likely they just see themselves as the only "true Muslims" and will do whatever they can to get rid of anyone opposing their views. See George Orwell's 1984, it's kind of like that. Even though some people will think the same, if they will act somewhat differently, they are a threat.

For Charlie Hebdo, no. Freedom of speech is what was taken away that day, in a way. I feel like, everything should be made fun of. That is also exactly what I do. I make fun of almost every single thing out there. Why? Because I feel like people should stop getting offended. Remember the cartoon they made after the earthquake in Italy? I actually found it pretty funny and good. It shows that there are still people out there who are not actually scared to offend others and have the balls to be "rude". Which is why I don't think they should be blamed for this. They had the guts to say/draw what others didn't dare to.

lliam
May 28th, 2017, 11:58 AM

Just because the medias' focus is nowadays more on the so-called fundamental-extremist Islamic terror, it's quite naive to believe that there are no other idiots who are on terror.

just try research such a phrase or similar phrases

https://www.google.com/search?q=terror+groups&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=%22non+islamic%22+terror+groups

par example for a glimpse:

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/07/6_modern_day_christian_terrorist_groups_our_media_conveniently_ignores_partner/

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-terrorism-in-addition-to-Islam-terrorism

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

Snowfox
May 28th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Just because the medias' focus is nowadays more on the so-called fundamental-extremist Islamic terror, it's quite naive to believe that there are no other idiots who are on terror.

just try research such a phrase or similar phrases

https://www.google.com/search?q=terror+groups&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=%22non+islamic%22+terror+groups

par example for a glimpse:

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/07/6_modern_day_christian_terrorist_groups_our_media_conveniently_ignores_partner/

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-terrorism-in-addition-to-Islam-terrorism

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

That is disturbing... to put it mildly

We had summer camps for kids in our church and they did teach us hatred towards well you know. we did practice guns and bible and we learned how to make gunpowder from scrap. I am too old for those camps at 14 but i still remember. Also they teach how doctors who make abortions are working directly to satan.

Living For Love
May 28th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Well, sadly for that I can only go on with some wild speculation. Most likely they just see themselves as the only "true Muslims" and will do whatever they can to get rid of anyone opposing their views. See George Orwell's 1984, it's kind of like that. Even though some people will think the same, if they will act somewhat differently, they are a threat.
So they don't hate just the West people, they hate everyone who has different opinions on something. And the West itself is not responsible for that.

For Charlie Hebdo, no. Freedom of speech is what was taken away that day, in a way. I feel like, everything should be made fun of. That is also exactly what I do. I make fun of almost every single thing out there. Why? Because I feel like people should stop getting offended. Remember the cartoon they made after the earthquake in Italy? I actually found it pretty funny and good. It shows that there are still people out there who are not actually scared to offend others and have the balls to be "rude". Which is why I don't think they should be blamed for this. They had the guts to say/draw what others didn't dare to.
You haven't answered who's to blame for the Charlie Hebdo attacks. I agree that freedom of speech is something people, in general, like to have, but why shouldn't I have the right to be offended by something? Also, your argument that everything should be made fun of, in practice, does not happen in an even way, because if someone makes fun of religion, you'd expect most liberal people to find it funny, but nowadays, nobody makes fun of LGBT people, the gender theory, black people or Mexicans without being labeled homophobic, transphobic, racist, etc... because it's deemed politically incorrect. You see where I'm getting at? That freedom of speech is something we all value, that's a fact, but only if pleases the masses. So do I really have free speech after all if I make fun of black gay people?

lliam
May 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM
That is disturbing... to put it mildly

In my project group there is a classmate who told us something similar ... without mention such camps.

Anyway, as a young boy, he was raised extremely Christian, until his father got custody for him.

Above all it seems my classmate learned to hate all Muslims and was humiliated by his grandparents very often, also named a sinner ... just because his father is a Pakistani and Muslim, divorced and newly married.

This is a very curious case, but perhaps a typical example of how something like this can degenerate into terrorism or such.

Luckily not in my mate's case.

Amethyst Rose
May 28th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Please keep replies relevant to the topic of the thread. Off-topic posts have been deleted. ~Amethyst Rose

Periphery
May 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM
There is moderate way to get rid of terrorims in the west. sending muslims away and keeping them away in their own countries.

realizing that multicultural dream that left has had doesnt actually work so nicely.
Islam is terrorism and worshipping of satan. (something i have been teached since i was lil boy)

Alright, so you are saying that all 1.8 billion (2015 data, so more now) Muslims around the world all support terrorism? Also how many wars have been started in the name of Satan? I feel like you have been raised by some extreme conservatives who just made up excuses to hate Muslims and spoon fed them to you. Getting rid of all Muslims and bullying them out is what pre WW2 Germany did to the Jews, just so you know.

To make this relevant to the topic of the terror threats though:

Kicking out an entire religion is not the solution here. A part of it is it get rid of those who seem to get extremist ideas, no matter what their religion may be. The western world hasn't been dealing with these criminals in a good way. It is very clear that in Belgium for example, the problem is only made worse by giving terror suspects in jail benefits that normal Belgian citizens would get (not in all cases though). Money from the state is one of them. If we can start to deal with the ones in our countries, then we can also clean up the Middle East and their terrorists.

Blackwell2003
June 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
Was anybody from the VT community affected by this? I know we have a lot of people from the UK as part of our posters.

I wish everyone peace and safety, and pray for those who have not been as fortunate.

3 of my femal friends were there and have been emotionally scarred.

Uniquemind
June 2nd, 2017, 12:35 PM
3 of my femal friends were there and have been emotionally scarred.

But they're not hurt right?

Blackwell2003
June 2nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
But they're not hurt right?

No they're alright but my dads friend has lost his daughter and his wife is still in a comber.

Uniquemind
June 3rd, 2017, 01:31 PM
No they're alright but my dads friend has lost his daughter and his wife is still in a comber.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm gonna leave this thread guys it's too sad.

I'll be in Ramblings of the Wise if anybody wants to meet me there for debates that were beginning to start here.

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Just watched Ariana Grande perform her song One Last Time on Youtube at the One Love Manchester concert. Quite emotional.