PDA

View Full Version : Stop scrolling and click me

lolaa
May 22nd, 2017, 09:41 AM
hey !
I just joined , can't believe there are sites like this nowadays that are still active , loving it so far .
My name is lola , tea and coffee addict .
I enjoy watching mystery-scifi or cop shows like awake,Fringe,The X-Files... (feel free to recommend similar shows :wub:)
I'm a senior in high school , but that label will expire in a few weeks .
Looooove self development and self help / psychology books . Meditation , exercise , studying and work is what i usually do . I'm a positive person and always trust that all is well .

thanks for reading :") and feel free to ask me anything you'd want to know

Desdemona
May 22nd, 2017, 11:09 AM
hey !
I just joined , can't believe there are sites like this nowadays that are still active , loving it so far .
I enjoy watching mystery-scifi or cop shows like awake,Fringe,The X-Files... (feel free to recommend similar shows :wub:)
Looooove self development and self help / psychology books . Meditation , exercise , studying and work is what i usually do . I'm a positive person and always trust that all is well .

Welcome Lola. I take it you don't look like your avatar, then?

lolaa
May 22nd, 2017, 11:11 AM
Welcome Lola. I take it you don't look like your avatar, then?
haha no :") , until i find a cute selfie and get a bit comfortable that'll be my avatar

Desdemona
May 22nd, 2017, 11:25 AM
haha no :") , until i find a cute selfie and get a bit comfortable that'll be my avatar

Where do you live?

lolaa
May 22nd, 2017, 11:38 AM
Where do you live?
abu dhabi

Desdemona
May 22nd, 2017, 11:45 AM
Wow! That's exotic to me. Surely not to you, though. Are you a native or did you move there from another country? Your English is great.

We have similar climates though. I live in the Sonoran desert.

Jinglebottom
May 22nd, 2017, 12:00 PM
Welcome aboard, fellow inhabitant of the Middle East. :P

lolaa
May 22nd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Wow! That's exotic to me. Surely not to you, though. Are you a native or did you move there from another country? Your English is great.

We have similar climates though. I live in the Sonoran desert.
I feel bad for not knowing where that is but sounds nice , its not that hot here actually and you rarely see sand unless you go look for it . And thank you ! you can say im a native , i was born and raised here and i am considered a local too so .

PinkFloyd
May 22nd, 2017, 01:42 PM
Hi, welcome to the site! I really like how sites like this are still active too. It's really cool that you live in the Emirates. I've always wanted to visit.

Desdemona
May 22nd, 2017, 01:57 PM
I feel bad for not knowing where that is but sounds nice , its not that hot here actually and you rarely see sand unless you go look for it . And thank you ! you can say im a native , i was born and raised here and i am considered a local too so .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_Desert

I'm in the part of it that's in Arizona.

JessC
May 22nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
hey !

Welcome! You have the best taste in tv shows ;)

Amethyst Rose
May 22nd, 2017, 06:03 PM
Welcome to VT, hope you enjoy it here :)

lolaa
May 23rd, 2017, 04:23 PM
is it really a desert or is it just really hot during the summer time?

Brit4love
May 24th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Welcome ......its so cool that people can connect from all around the world

user-999
May 24th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Hi! I went to Abu Dhabi and It was wonderful there, It wasn't as crowded as Dubai, but still really nice and beautiful. Welcome to VT! Btw have you watched How to Get Away with Murder, I really like it.

lolaa
May 26th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Hi! I went to Abu Dhabi and It was wonderful there, It wasn't as crowded as Dubai, but still really nice and beautiful. Welcome to VT! Btw have you watched How to Get Away with Murder, I really like it.
hey ! where did you go and when ? what was your fav part of it?
and yes! was obsessed with it for a while but then once they cam back with a new season i just stopped watching it . That's just me i don't follow up with shows after they're done with their break. You don't know how many shows iv'e given up on

Welcome ......its so cool that people can connect from all around the world
ikr! i love it
the main reason i signed up to this site is cause i wanted to meet allot of people
iv'e been so busy these last few years that i didn't have the chance to go out and meet new people and i'm hoping this will allow me to do so .
its been good so far :)

Posts merged. Please use the multiquote button or edit your post next time. ~Amethyst Rose

user-999
May 26th, 2017, 09:31 AM
hey ! where did you go and when ? what was your fav part of it?
and yes! was obsessed with it for a while but then once they cam back with a new season i just stopped watching it . That's just me i don't follow up with shows after they're done with their break. You don't know how many shows iv'e given up on

I went there I went there at the end of 2014 and celebrated New Years eve there.
In Abu Dhabi we walked along the beach on the promenade, most of the beach was closed because of some celebration. We also went to the Marina Mall and the Volvo Ocean Race had a stop while we were there so we saw that. One evening we vent to the Formula 1 track walked around it and ate at the marina as the hotel turned it's colourful lights on. The Sheikh Zayed Mosque was really grand, we went there two times once in day time and the second in a late evening.
On one we visited Al Ain which was quite nice and on another day we travelled to Dubai. We briefly saw The Ferrari world and went through the mall to see the fountain show. Oh and we also went to the market and ate at some place that served that delicious bread type of thing (It might be called pita) and we asked for more, because we really liked it. We also drove on one of the palms, just to look at the city.
On New Years eve we went to some kind of a mall. It might have been the Galleria and the fireworks were really nice. The Central market looked really beautiful and on one morning we also went to the fish market in the port area (?) Unfortunately some kind of museum, I think it was a castle, was being renovated so there wasn't much like touristy attractions there, at least I don't remember, well except The Mosque. And one evening as the sun was setting we want on a boat ride.
We also stayed in a really nice hotel - Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche . We had a view of the sea and the restaurant a the top of the building had really nice views. Overall I really liked this trip.

lolaa
May 26th, 2017, 01:25 PM
I went there I went there at the end of 2014 and celebrated New Years eve there.
In Abu Dhabi we walked along the beach on the promenade, most of the beach was closed because of some celebration. We also went to the Marina Mall and the Volvo Ocean Race had a stop while we were there so we saw that. One evening we vent to the Formula 1 track walked around it and ate at the marina as the hotel turned it's colourful lights on. The Sheikh Zayed Mosque was really grand, we went there two times once in day time and the second in a late evening.
On one we visited Al Ain which was quite nice and on another day we travelled to Dubai. We briefly saw The Ferrari world and went through the mall to see the fountain show. Oh and we also went to the market and ate at some place that served that delicious bread type of thing (It might be called pita) and we asked for more, because we really liked it. We also drove on one of the palms, just to look at the city.
On New Years eve we went to some kind of a mall. It might have been the Galleria and the fireworks were really nice. The Central market looked really beautiful and on one morning we also went to the fish market in the port area (?) Unfortunately some kind of museum, I think it was a castle, was being renovated so there wasn't much like touristy attractions there, at least I don't remember, well except The Mosque. And one evening as the sun was setting we want on a boat ride.
We also stayed in a really nice hotel - Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche . We had a view of the sea and the restaurant a the top of the building had really nice views. Overall I really liked this trip.
you've probably had a better experience than i ever had and i'm a native here :') if you know a bit about uae you know how much it could change in 3 years so i hope you come back and see the difference . i'm glad you enjoyed yourself here :)

stoneflowe96
May 28th, 2017, 04:00 AM
Welcome to vt. It's nice that you like classical music. Who are your favourite composers? Do you play an instrument?

Barbara.
May 28th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Welcome Lolaa and welcome to VT.

lolaa
May 29th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Welcome to vt. It's nice that you like classical music. Who are your favourite composers? Do you play an instrument?
thank you , and sadly no i don't play any instruments nor do i have a favorite composer , i just like to enjoy what i stumble upon . I'm currently loving the planets and Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun, the young prince and princess is also very nice. I'd love to know yours

stoneflowe96
June 5th, 2017, 11:59 AM
thank you , and sadly no i don't play any instruments nor do i have a favorite composer , i just like to enjoy what i stumble upon . I'm currently loving the planets and Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun, the young prince and princess is also very nice. I'd love to know yours

I like most music of Ravell and Debussy, Brahms, Telemann, Stravinsky and Schubert

Shouetsu
June 5th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Cool stuff! Welcome to the site.