PDA

View Full Version : I'm New and Neighbors Aren't Friendly

Txfri1350
May 21st, 2017, 05:16 PM
So I moved to Austin Texas in August of last year. There are two guys who live right next to me, they are both in my grade and go to my school. I have seen them outside multiple times while going to and from school, cleaning my car, taking out the trash, etc. However, while living in this house for the past 9 months, not one of them has spoken to me or my family. It bothers me a lot because our moms are friends but the kids have nothing to do with me. I have even been over to one of their houses to watch their dogs and when I went to the house to ask him if his mom was home he looked at me and asked who I was... like are you kidding me. I have only been living next to you for months now. Anyways, I told him who I was and be decided to close the door in my face. Does anyone else have issues like this as well? :what:

Ben7
May 21st, 2017, 11:46 PM
I've not exactly been in this situation before. But based on what you say, perhaps you should try to be more direct. Like formally introduce yourself (if you haven't already) and ask him or the other kids in general if they want to hang out or do some activity together. Maybe you should be the one to reach out since it could be that they perceive that you might not be interested. But you should try to find out if you guys all share some common interest or something. In any case, the next step is to ask them directly if they want to do something with you, the next time that you see them. Hope it works out for you!

nicktheman2003
May 22nd, 2017, 12:32 AM
They might be really shy. When some new kids moved next door to us last summer the two boys almost acted the same like your neighbor boys. If they were outside I would say "hey what's up". They would look at me and walk off. It pissed me off and I told my Mom and she told me that they were probably shy. We had a barbecue and they were invited with their parents. I tried to talk to them and they ignored me, so I finally told them you guys are ass holes, I'm trying to be nice so go to hell. Well after I was done the oldest one started to smile and he looked at his other brother and they laughed. Well after that we went swimming and hung out all night. After talking to them yeah it was true they are really shy.

Taint
May 22nd, 2017, 02:43 AM
They might just not be very observant. When i'm doing things I tend to go into my own little world and take very little notice of the people around me. Its probably purely that they don't know you/have no reason to so haven't really taken you into consideration. As said above, introduce yourself or start a conversation e.g. "Hey, don't you go to ____, I think I've seen you around?" and go from there. Sorry I can't offer better advice, I'm not really a people person.

pjones
May 27th, 2017, 08:25 AM
they sound like jerks to be honest. hopefully you can make some friends at school to be with

Vegas2933
May 30th, 2017, 04:27 PM
This doesn't neccessarily mean that they are unfriendly, they may just be nervous about meeting a new neighbour. That, or they're just jackasses.

jamie_n5
May 30th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Well it definitely is not your fault or anything you have done. It looks like your neighbor boys have people issues. Just try interacting if you want to and see how it goes if they continue to be asses then just ignore them and find friends elsewhere.

azurzg
May 31st, 2017, 10:38 AM
Some people are shy; but also, some people are not very nice. I guess you will soon find out where these two fit ;)

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Hope things turn out OK. I'm sure the relationship with your neighbours will improve over time.