PDA

View Full Version : Save yourself for marriage

SillyPecker
May 21st, 2017, 02:13 PM
Is there any girls / guys saving themselves for their husband / wife?
I'm worried that I won't find someone who did the same.
How would you feel if you were marring someone who didn't save themself for you but u saved yourself for your bride / husband ..

BlackParadePixie
May 21st, 2017, 04:54 PM
It doesn't bother me.
What if two people (virgins) enter into a marriage and are not sexually compatible? Then what? You stay married and unhappy?

ClaraWho
May 21st, 2017, 05:09 PM
How would you feel if you were marring someone who didn't save themself for you but u saved yourself for your bride / husband ..

Why are you 'worried' they won't have done the same?

It would be unfortunate if the person I am in love with has had past relationships which have been sexual, yes. As ridiculous as I know that is, it would give me a form of post-jealousy. But then you just have to remember they love you, that the last person wasn't who they really wanted to be with, etc.

At the same time, we all make mistakes with who we think we love at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, 20/20 as they say. I wouldn't love them any less because they had previous partners they were physically or emotionally intimate with.

Having said that, I think casual sex or one night stands show quite shallow behaviour, I would be surprised if I was interested in anyone who displayed such characteristics. I'm more into long-term, ambitious thinkers, than those who seek out cheap thrills.

It also depends on what 'marriage' means to you. For a lot of people it is a very differing concept. To me, sex should be special and an expression of deepest emotional connection. That takes a long time to figure out but I'd say should happen BEFORE commitment to marry.

Further, remember that marriage these days on average last 20 years or less before divorce. Just because you end up marrying someone and thinking they are the one, doesn't mean people don't change. In fact, a recent study found that between the ages of 16 and 60, most people have very little in common with who they once were.

Why do you ask?

~ Clara

Chaosphere
May 21st, 2017, 11:28 PM
It doesn't bother me.
What if two people (virgins) enter into a marriage and are not sexually compatible? Then what? You stay married and unhappy?
I'm in total agreement with this sentiment.

OP, the person you are meant to be with is the one you're meant for. If you meet, "the one," it won't and shouldn't matter whether or not they've had sex previously. Respect them for the person they are, not what they've done in the past.

ShineintheDark
May 22nd, 2017, 12:50 PM
Idk who I'm saving myself for, maybe it'll be for marriage or maybe it'll be for someone special. I have no real plans but I''m in no rush

scott2002
May 28th, 2017, 06:28 AM
I'm way too curious what having sex is like to wait until then. But, I don't think I'll ever be into casual sex. Like meeting a girl at a party and having sex with her that same night. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I get married I'll only have had sex with maybe 1 - 4 girls tops.

kimmykim
May 28th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Idk who I'm saving myself for, maybe it'll be for marriage or maybe it'll be for someone special. I have no real plans but I''m in no rush

thats a good way to look at it

IStayOnVT
May 28th, 2017, 08:34 AM
These days there are very few people who save, some also do just anal to keep vaginal save. However, every one has his/her choice.

azurzg
May 31st, 2017, 09:53 AM
I'm way too curious what having sex is like to wait until then. But, I don't think I'll ever be into casual sex. Like meeting a girl at a party and having sex with her that same night. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I get married I'll only have had sex with maybe 1 - 4 girls tops.

Isn't it kind of strange to make estimates as to how many people you are going to have sex with? I know some very nice/kind people who had zero sexual partners. I know some very nice/kind people who had many sexual partners.

I am not into causal sex myself, but never say never...

These days there are very few people who save, some also do just anal to keep vaginal save. However, every one has his/her choice.

People doing anal to "save" themselves?!? Please!

Posts merged, please use multiquote next time. ~Endeavour

kimmykim
May 31st, 2017, 09:56 AM
People doing anal to "save" themselves?!? Please!

ikr, i know some people who do that

azurzg
May 31st, 2017, 10:43 AM
ikr, i know some people who do that

Whom are they being dishonest with? Themselves?!?
Or are they assuming their future partners will mind and are planning to be dishonest with them?

ska8er
May 31st, 2017, 01:41 PM
How would one know if someone
saved themselves for marriage unless
they declared it to their future mate.
I think it would all come down to trust.
We all have things we have done in the
past that maybe should not b revealed.

Blackwell2003
May 31st, 2017, 05:17 PM

It wouldn't bother me, I am a non virgin but even if I was a virgin it wouldn't bother me

azurzg
June 1st, 2017, 09:26 AM
How would one know if someone
saved themselves for marriage unless
they declared it to their future mate.
I think it would all come down to trust.
We all have things we have done in the
past that maybe should not b revealed.

I think the discussion was not about boys, but about girls who keep their hymen intact (I am assuming for cultural reasons or because their future husbands might expect them to be virgins), while engaging in anal sex.

ska8er
June 1st, 2017, 11:21 AM
I think the discussion was not about boys, but about girls who keep their hymen intact (I am assuming for cultural reasons or because their future husbands might expect them to be virgins), while engaging in anal sex.

A girl could save herself for marriage but
what about the guy? Is he going to tell her
he is also a virgin and she is going to believe
him?

NerdSquared
June 1st, 2017, 03:31 PM
The way I see it, I'll save myself for the right opportunity. Whether that is in marriage or not is up to the fates. Put it simply, I'm content to just let the opportunity arrive without going in search of it.

themanconnor
June 1st, 2017, 03:50 PM
I am torn on the issue, I think that if I saved myself, I would expect another to but idk. I don't think it will be that much of an issue for me if they didn't save themselves

Uniquemind
June 3rd, 2017, 02:25 PM
I think it only matters in the sense of being biologically clean of STI's and STD's.

I think it would be common sense that a long term relationship and even a marriage, quality of life is affected if one or both partners ended up infected with something a previous partner gave them.

Think about it, religious reasons aside, herpes for example costs like $20-$100 to treat in antiviral creams draining resources from the family per outbreak, not to mention intimacy cannot occur during such times with a partner.

Health insurance will cost more per month too for your family the more medical history of issues that you have versus a family not facing those issues.

Also we are seeing a rise in STI = infertility and death cases as bacteria and viruses are evolving to be resistant to ALL known medications.

Keep in mind not every person can use ALL medications available due to personal medical allergic reactions.

So for many people in the coming future STI's mean the end of your life.

jdhud024
June 3rd, 2017, 04:54 PM
Lol it's a little too late for me, I'm a huge slut lmao. But I don't regret not saving myself until marriage because I personally wanna be experienced for the guy I'm marrying. Don't want his first time with me to suck (pun intended)

Devinsoccer
June 3rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
I'm saving myself... wife should be your first, but that's up to the person... I want my wife to feel special.

Lilbro Jason
June 4th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Lol it's a little too late for me, I'm a huge slut lmao. But I don' t regret not saving myself until marriage because I personally wanna be experienced for the guy I'm marrying. Don't want his first time with me to suck (pun intended)

Its way to late for me as well.
I got the sex drive of a bull lol and consider what ive done experience

demathadude
June 15th, 2017, 01:53 AM
There are many people out there saving themselves. But even if you dont find that special someone I feel like as long as you love them its ok.

Wolfsbane
June 20th, 2017, 09:25 AM
The way I see it, I'll save myself for the right opportunity. Whether that is in marriage or not is up to the fates. Put it simply, I'm content to just let the opportunity arrive without going in search of it.

This is perfect. Thinking about marriage is going to do you no good. If you find the right person and you're comfortable with him/her, go ahead. Thinking about saving yourself for 'the special one' is a good way to stay away from desperation.

Claire Asteroid
June 23rd, 2017, 08:47 AM
Yes I'm waiting until I get married before I have sex. I don't have a boyfriend at the moment and I would rather to have a boyfriend who is also a virgin so that if we get married we can have our first sex with each other when we are married.