PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing first condoms.

hitheresmileyface1
May 19th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Hi, I would like to thank anyone in advance for replying to my message.

So Im 15 nearly turning 16, and of course we all know what you can do when you turn 16.

So I was thinking, If ever that moment was to happen when I turn 16 I need to be prepared, So I was looking online and saw Durex Condoms for 4.99 on Amazon. And I have purchased them.

I was wondering what everyone else thoughts are on this? I don't plan on having sex under 16 because I do not want to do anything thats against the law. But I just want to have some condoms so when I do turn 16 I am prepared. So if the moment pops up I will be ready.

I have checked and found out that there is no age limit to buy condoms so thats a good thing.

But I would just want to know what everyone else thinks? :lol:

Thank you :)

zack.zack
May 19th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Good for you. It takes a lot of restraint and responsibility to wait like you have and there is nothing wrong with being prepared. At least you are being mature about it and taking responsibility for your actions (soon to come). Kudos!!

Taryn98
May 19th, 2017, 03:14 PM
I think you're making a responsible decision.

jamie_n5
May 19th, 2017, 03:30 PM
I think you are doing fine and made good choices. Don't rush into having sex or loosing your virginity to someone that you don't deeply care for.

hitheresmileyface1
May 19th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Thank you for your message :) I do really appreciate it. :) I did not really have any sex ed in school so it is all new to me. But you do pick up a few things along the way as you do in a school full of teenagers :)

Good for you. It takes a lot of restraint and responsibility to wait like you have and there is nothing wrong with being prepared. At least you are being mature about it and taking responsibility for your actions (soon to come). Kudos!!

I think you're making a responsible decision.

:) Thank you for your comment, I thought about asking my parents but that would be wayy to awkward :) Its nice to have a place to come to to talk about things :)

I think you are doing fine and made good choices. Don't rush into having sex or loosing your virginity to someone that you don't deeply care for.

Yeah, I think the same too :) All you hear at school is that someone had sex with the other. At first it made me jealous. But I realised that they did not really love each other. Thank you for your comment also :)

Posts merged, please use multiquote next time.~Endeavour

ShineintheDark
May 19th, 2017, 05:55 PM
It's great to see that you're making responsible decisions on your sex life and know that there is no rush to get started unless you want to

pconnor
May 19th, 2017, 08:28 PM
It seems you have a sound plan.

Cassius14
May 20th, 2017, 02:53 AM
My dad bought some for me and gave them to me discretely. He didn't really say anything and I don't think he thinks I will need them for sex.

It's probably a good thing to get familiar with how to put them on and how they feel

EvaNL
May 20th, 2017, 04:13 AM
My dad bought some for me and gave them to me discretely. He didn't really say anything and I don't think he thinks I will need them for sex.

Oh, he knows!
He's being a responsible parent. Good job, dad!
Maybe he's not really comfortable with it, but he did it anyway.

More parents should do this for their kids.

Alex_Swim
May 20th, 2017, 09:15 AM
First Ones I bought were off Amazon, Dad gave me my 1st box,

Have reordered Got Lifestyle Untra Thin's now

Also given them to friends who need/wanted them.

Did order Snugger Fit Condoms for a friend who is a little small down there, dad did question that order when he saw it on the Amazon Bill.

Question in the UK what can you do 16?

I can get my driver licence @ 16... But I'm guessing that is not what you are taking about.

johnmit13
May 20th, 2017, 09:45 AM
First Ones I bought were off Amazon, Dad gave me my 1st box,

Have reordered Got Lifestyle Untra Thin's now

Also given them to friends who need/wanted them.

Did order Snugger Fit Condoms for a friend who is a little small down there, dad did question that order when he saw it on the Amazon Bill.

Question in the UK what can you do 16?

I can get my driver licence @ 16... But I'm guessing that is not what you are taking about.

It's when it is legal for you to have sex

Alex_Swim
May 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM
It's when it is legal for you to have sex

O OK... Thanks...

scott2002
May 20th, 2017, 10:43 AM
... I don't plan on having sex under 16 because I do not want to do anything that's against the law. But I just want to have some condoms so when I do turn 16 I am prepared. So if the moment pops up I will be ready.
Thank you :)
I'm curious what country you are from, because maybe a year ago I Googled laws about having sex (in the USA), and found out the laws vary from state to state. But I don;t recall seeing anything about it being 'illegal' to have sex under age 16. It looked like "3 years" is the big legal difference in a lot of places.
What I did find is that it seems the age difference between the partners is a big deal. So, if you are 15 and having sex with a 15 year old girl, there is no LEGAL problem. But if you are 15 and have sex with a 12 year old girl, BIG problems!! If you are 16, it still would be illegal to have sex with a 13 year old girl, but not a 15 or 16 year old girl. At least that's how I understood it.

ShineintheDark
May 20th, 2017, 05:10 PM
I'm curious what country you are from, because maybe a year ago I Googled laws about having sex (in the USA), and found out the laws vary from state to state. But I don;t recall seeing anything about it being 'illegal' to have sex under age 16. It looked like "3 years" is the big legal difference in a lot of places.
What I did find is that it seems the age difference between the partners is a big deal. So, if you are 15 and having sex with a 15 year old girl, there is no LEGAL problem. But if you are 15 and have sex with a 12 year old girl, BIG problems!! If you are 16, it still would be illegal to have sex with a 13 year old girl, but not a 15 or 16 year old girl. At least that's how I understood it. Well consent laws can be real tricky.. The best way to understand it is that anyone above that line cannot have sex with someone below that line though if they are within 3 years it's a little less bad cos they can be legitimately viewed as a real relationship. If both are below, it is illegal it just means that neither will be charged as sex offenders since they were both illegal.

scott2002
May 20th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Well consent laws can be real tricky.. The best way to understand it is that anyone above that line cannot have sex with someone below that line though if they are within 3 years it's a little less bad cos they can be legitimately viewed as a real relationship. If both are below, it is illegal it just means that neither will be charged as sex offenders since they were both illegal.
So, in the UK, two consenting 16 year olds CAN legally have sex and not get into legal trouble, but two 15 year olds would risk getting into trouble? Or, a 16 y.o. girl having sex with a 15 y.o. boy could get the BOY in trouble, or both in trouble?
Just curious.

logan2002
May 20th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Never had problems buying at gas stations, Wal-Mart or Meijers. Just make sure you don't get them when your girl friends parents are in the store. :)

Hermes
May 20th, 2017, 08:17 PM
So, in the UK, two consenting 16 year olds CAN legally have sex and not get into legal trouble, but two 15 year olds would risk getting into trouble? Or, a 16 y.o. girl having sex with a 15 y.o. boy could get the BOY in trouble, or both in trouble?
Just curious.

This actually gets quite complicated but here is the situation in the UK as I understand it.

First of all sex is only supposed to happen if the two parties consent.

Next, there is the question of whether someone who aparently consented actually knew what they were consenting to and whether they might have been persuaded to say "yes" when they would rather have said "no". That's where the "age of consent" law comes in. Once you reach that age you can consent and the law "believes you". Below that age the situation is treated as if you did not consent, even if you actually said "yes". In the UK that age is 16.

So in the example you quote above, if a 16 y/o has sex with a 15 y/o, it is the 16 y/o who commits the offence because the law holds that the 15 y/o is too young to consent and therefore what happenned is a kind of rape.

There is one final complication, though, called the public interest test. Normally, if someone commits a crime, it is considered to be "in the public interest" to arrest him and have him tried and, if found guilty, punished for it because if that didn't happen people would soon treat the law with contempt and anarchy would result. However the Crown Prosecution Service can decide that a prosecution is not in the public interest and a lawyer speaking on TV gave the example of two people in a relationship, close in age but just slighly either side of the age of consent as an example where it would probably not be judged in the public interest to prosecute.

And back to the original question - well done for being prepared.

Claire Asteroid
May 21st, 2017, 03:58 AM
When I started university the students union gave me a bag with lots of flyers and offers and there was also a free condom in there. I felt a bit weird because I've never been given a condom before and I thought they expected me to be having sex and I'm not going to until I'm married. But I guess it's good for people who are having sex anyway to get these free condoms.

EvaNL
May 21st, 2017, 04:18 AM
When I started university the students union gave me a bag with lots of flyers and offers and there was also a free condom in there. I felt a bit weird because I've never been given a condom before and I thought they expected me to be having sex and I'm not going to until I'm married. But I guess it's good for people who are having sex anyway to get these free condoms.

The vast majority of people will not wait for marriage so I think it's good for a student union to give a free condom to everyone. Just to give out the message "it's fine if you have sex, but at least be smart about it and use a condom".
It was a generic goodie bag they give to everyone (I guess), so they didn't expect you personally to be having sex. You can wait as long as you want to!

Claire Asteroid
May 21st, 2017, 05:39 AM
The vast majority of people will not wait for marriage so I think it's good for a student union to give a free condom to everyone. Just to give out the message "it's fine if you have sex, but at least be smart about it and use a condom".
It was a generic goodie bag they give to everyone (I guess), so they didn't expect you personally to be having sex. You can wait as long as you want to!

Yes I understand that it just made me feel a bit weird, like they expect me to be having sex. But I guess it makes sense for them to give me a condom just in case I do have sex.

ShineintheDark
May 21st, 2017, 07:55 AM
This actually gets quite complicated but here is the situation in the UK as I understand it.

First of all sex is only supposed to happen if the two parties consent.

Next, there is the question of whether someone who aparently consented actually knew what they were consenting to and whether they might have been persuaded to say "yes" when they would rather have said "no". That's where the "age of consent" law comes in. Once you reach that age you can consent and the law "believes you". Below that age the situation is treated as if you did not consent, even if you actually said "yes". In the UK that age is 16.

So in the example you quote above, if a 16 y/o has sex with a 15 y/o, it is the 16 y/o who commits the offence because the law holds that the 15 y/o is too young to consent and therefore what happenned is a kind of rape.

There is one final complication, though, called the public interest test. Normally, if someone commits a crime, it is considered to be "in the public interest" to arrest him and have him tried and, if found guilty, punished for it because if that didn't happen people would soon treat the law with contempt and anarchy would result. However the Crown Prosecution Service can decide that a prosecution is not in the public interest and a lawyer speaking on TV gave the example of two people in a relationship, close in age but just slighly either side of the age of consent as an example where it would probably not be judged in the public interest to prosecute.

And back to the original question - well done for being prepared. Essentially that is the answer, yeah. Like I said consent laws can be quite murky in quite a few situaations.

Candy in CT
May 22nd, 2017, 01:06 PM
My Mom gave all us girls condoms. I have bought my own and no one said anything. I just walked in went to the rack and walked to the check out and paid. Like Mom said let them look and if someone tells you anything thing just say. Why does it matter to you. Also if they wanted to know your age, just look at them and tell them. I did it once and the woman looked like she wanted to die.

UndieBoy
May 23rd, 2017, 06:03 AM
Nothing wierd :) just buy if u want :) i hsve one funny story about that :)

Coolteenboy
May 23rd, 2017, 04:06 PM

@ zack. Zack
I TOTALLY AGREE w zack! Ure responsibility is to be admired! Dont take everything u hear in school tho, as gospel. Good example is that if u pull out, she cant get pregnant. Or if shes got her period, or put the condom on b4 u cum......... Etc. Which is ALL BULLS$&T.
TALK W SOMEONE U TRUST. Or RELIABLE internet sites.
And 2 other thoughts. So many lives have gotten screwed up because of 10 minutes of "pleasure" and you pay the price for at least 18 years.
And bro, u ONLY GET ONE "V" card. Use it wisely, and only give it to someone who u will never regret has it!
Dont let the"little head" make decisions the big head might someday regret!
HMU anytime!

tvsigeys
May 25th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Go for it

Mathias02
May 26th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Hey man, thats totally normal. I just turned 15 and also bought condoms via Amazon.
I'm not planning to "use" them with a girl in the next 1-2 years, but I just wanted exactly to know how to use them.
So in my opinion there's no problem, just enjoy them xD