PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for getting in shape

Davestovies
May 15th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Hey, slightly overweight teen here.

I've been thinking about getting in shape recently so I can give wrestling a try but I'm new to exercise plans and I can't find a good place to start with getting in shape.

Important details: 16, 5"4 and about 112lb.

fast8
May 15th, 2017, 07:53 PM
You and always Google a 30 day challenge there is plenty of them to choose from they are tuff to complete every day u do more

Mars
May 15th, 2017, 08:08 PM
You're not overweight. 112 is the weight you should be around 5'4. Hell, im heavier than that and I'm shorter than you.

If you're trying to tone down fat, first lose it quick via cardio and watching your nutrition (not dieting, but just eating healthier and burning the calories you eat. Also, don't sleep right after eating, wait 2-3 hours.), and get plenty of rest (at LEAST 7-8 hours). Then, after a few weeks of that, start doing exercises to build muscle. Weight training, etc etc stuff you'll probably be doing in wrestling.

Keep in mind to not use supplements or do exercises incorrectly. This can stunt your growth, cause injuries, and just generally fuck up ur body since you're still young.

Also, muscle is heavier than fat. So if you see yourself gaining a few pounds while doing weightlifting or muscle building exercises, don't freak out. Just keep yourself in that 115-124 lb range and you should be fine.

Davestovies
May 15th, 2017, 08:57 PM
You're not overweight. 112 is the weight you should be around 5'4. Hell, im heavier than that and I'm shorter than you.

If you're trying to tone down fat, first lose it quick via cardio and watching your nutrition (not dieting, but just eating healthier and burning the calories you eat. Also, don't sleep right after eating, wait 2-3 hours.), and get plenty of rest (at LEAST 7-8 hours). Then, after a few weeks of that, start doing exercises to build muscle. Weight training, etc etc stuff you'll probably be doing in wrestling.

Keep in mind to not use supplements or do exercises incorrectly. This can stunt your growth, cause injuries, and just generally fuck up ur body since you're still young.

Also, muscle is heavier than fat. So if you see yourself gaining a few pounds while doing weightlifting or muscle building exercises, don't freak out. Just keep yourself in that 115-124 lb range and you should be fine.

Okay dude, thanks for the tips! To be honest I'm not 100% if I'm 112lb (I think that was what I weighed last time I checked) but I'll be sure to take on board your advice :)

PlasmaHam
May 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM
You are not anywhere near being overweight for your age and height. In reality, you are borderline underweight. I wouldn't recommend you focus on losing weight, just on gaining muscle.

For wrestling, I would recommend just doing some muscle building exercises. I don't know of any planner for that, but I know you can find some on the internet if you look. Cardio would also help some, but wrestling is a primarily strength sport.

A good diet is also important, but not in the counting calories way. Good and healthy muscle growth requires nutrients, especially protein. The best way to get these nutrients is to have a substantial diet of meats and vegetables. The biggest mistake people make when they try to gain muscle is that they don't get enough calories and nutrients to develop the muscle.

Your weight will go up as you increase in strength, as it is only natural. Don't think you should decrease your intake because of that.

Mars
May 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Okay dude, thanks for the tips! To be honest I'm not 100% if I'm 112lb (I think that was what I weighed last time I checked) but I'll be sure to take on board your advice :)

Yep. And feel free to VM me if you need further tips or smth :)

As long as you're around that range, you're not overweight

Soto
May 28th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Hi I am 14 years old. I am 5ft7 although that changes real fast since I am still growing, I am 176ibs, although i am athleticly build if you know what I mean. Last summer I dropped 17 pounds from only exercising like a maniac and not by making a lot of changes to my diet. This year I would like to drop another 11-13ibs. But this time I want to do it right by modifying my diet so I can maintain it throughout the year do you have any diet suggestions?