PDA

View Full Version : What it's Like - Everlast

PinkFloyd
May 15th, 2017, 01:12 AM
I just discovered this song about a week ago and to put it simply, I'm in love with it. The beat is amazing, the structure's great, and the meaning is really important. But above all that, the way the song is structured really blows me away. Other songs I like are comparable to other songs that they're similar to. The overall meaning of the song is "Don't blindly judge someone." It's been done a million times. However, with "What it's Like," I feel as though there isn't anything else that I've heard that's anything like it. I highly recommend you listen to it.

SwoNQvSOxM8

Amethyst Rose
May 15th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks for sharing this - I liked it ^^ it has a driving beat behind it and tells a story.

PinkFloyd
May 16th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Thanks for sharing this - I liked it ^^ it has a driving beat behind it and tells a story.

Yeah, I was on a drive last night that was about an hour and a half of freeway driving. I put this song on, and by the minute mark I realized I was going 85-90 down the road without even realizing it. The song has kind of a hidden driving beat to it. There are songs that have a very obvious driving beat,(Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue, Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf, etc.) but yeah, "What it's Like" is undoubtedly different to me.

BlackParadePixie
May 20th, 2017, 01:35 PM
yeah, that's a pretty decent song

jdhud024
May 23rd, 2017, 11:28 PM
I've grown up listening to this song. One of my favorites.