PDA

View Full Version : Am I not destine for married life?

Devinsoccer
May 14th, 2017, 05:23 PM
It feels like every day I don't want a girlfriend more and more. I don't have one and I feel like I never will want one. I am very active in my church and love my church with all my heart, which brings me to the conlusion that I might be either changing my major to something religious, but I love the one that I'm trying to get into, but if I do change it, the change would probably go to music. I do like a few girls, might want to party with some of them, but nothing out of the ordinary. I feel like I might just want to be my own person my whole life. It feels weird not wanting to be with someone, unlike all of my friends who just want to bang and have girlfriends. I'm also asexual which might explain some of this, but most asexuals still want a relationship. I just feel like I'm left out or not normal. I have a my band which is always their for me. I hate being different in some things, and in my social life I don't always want to be different.

TheLivingLie
May 16th, 2017, 02:14 PM
when you think about it, a wife is just a very very very close friend, someone who you (think) think you will never get bored of and someone who you work well with. If im honest, im not 100% sure about what asexual people feel, but i'm assuming you just dont feel sexually attracted to anyone? but that doesnt mean you feel no emotion to anyone? like you love your family, and one day a wife (or partner) becomes family and therefore you love them.

I dont know if this is what your after, but idk it felt nice to write

Living For Love
May 16th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I also don't want to be in any relationship, or marry, or have kids. I don't like the fact of spending my entire life with someone else, and I don't think I would make a good father. I think it's totally normal if you make that choice, some people just prefer to be alone and, like you said, be their own person. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not sure how you feel about your asexuality, as I'm not one, but that's totally fine too, and I firmly believe two people can have a perfect relationship without being sexually involved.

BlackParadePixie
May 16th, 2017, 05:30 PM
You're 15....you're going to change your opinion on girls and relationships a million times probably before you actually decide whether or not to get into a serious one and get married.

NerdSquared
May 16th, 2017, 05:52 PM
At 15, I don't think anyone really knows what they want. Just give it time and reassess later.

jamie_n5
May 16th, 2017, 07:41 PM
You may see things different down the road. There is nothing wrong with staying single either. A lot of guys and girls choose to stay single. Do what your heart tells you to do man.

Voice_Of_Unreason
May 16th, 2017, 08:20 PM
There is nothing wrong with not marrying. Biblically, many did not marry. There is no such thing as a mandate to get married.

You are only 15, don't start panicking that you can't get a girl, you have plenty of time.