PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any recommendations for hormones?

RavenTheGoddess
May 10th, 2017, 07:01 PM
So for people who don't know yet, I identify as female, and I want my body to show that. The reason I ask this is because I really don't know much about taking hormones. Are there specific brands or is it just something provided only with a prescription, because if it isn't a prescription-only thing, then I was wondering what everyone would recommend for transitioning from male to female. And if it is a prescription-only thing, then would talking to a psychiatrist who is proficient in this field be a way to be prescribed hormones?

And of course if it's prescribed only, then I'll have to have a conversation with my mom, which I think might be a little awkward; to me if not her. :p

zack.zack
May 11th, 2017, 11:13 AM
I believe that hormones are by prescription only and I think before you can start taking the regimen you have to been seen by a psychiatrist who specializes in that field to make sure that you know what you are doing and that you are doing it for all of the right reasons.

Glitterboy
May 11th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Talk with your mom about it, then go see a psychiatrist.

jamie_n5
May 16th, 2017, 08:38 PM
You need to go to the doctor and get a prescription for them. They are expensive and most insurances won't cover them either. Good luck.

EvaNL
May 17th, 2017, 04:05 AM
In the Netherlands hormones are prescription. That's a good thing as well, because taking too much of it can really mess up and even damage your body.
Please talk to a professional about it. Don't go taking them without professional assistance.

That being said: I wish you all the best and hope you will feel comfortable in your body, whichever way!