PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do :(

RideOrDie
May 10th, 2017, 04:32 PM
I think I'm finally falling in love with someone but I don't know what to do. I'm over what my ex did to me, and I think I might be ready for a new relationship, but I'm not 100% sure. I've been friends with the guy I like for years. He's actually my fwb. Do you guys think that's weird? Today, he texted me and was like let's go see a movie. We went to see Gifted, and he insisted on paying for me. He's coming back over my house tonight to watch Survivor with me. He might be the sweetest guy I've ever known, and I definietly think he likes me but he hasn't told me directly how he feels. Thanks for any advice you guys have :D

ska8er
May 10th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Since u have known him for quite awhile
u should have a good idea of what his
intentions r. He took u out and treated
u to a movie so I would say he does like
u. If he didn't he wouldn't pay u that much
attention. If u feel ur not sure that he likes
u-give him time to express himself. Maybe
he feels the same as u do bout him.

SethfromMI
May 10th, 2017, 05:41 PM
well if he is your fwb, do you usually do stuff before you have sex? It could be very possible since the two of you already know each other well, he wants to transition into dating you. it could be possible he just wanted to hang out. maybe he wants to do something sexually with you but feels bad just asking for sex (not all fwb relationships have to be just sex after all).

either wait for him to bring it up or you could always ask him. after all, you should be able to ask those types of questions with someone you have a fwb relationship with

RideOrDie
May 10th, 2017, 06:24 PM
well if he is your fwb, do you usually do stuff before you have sex? It could be very possible since the two of you already know each other well, he wants to transition into dating you. it could be possible he just wanted to hang out. maybe he wants to do something sexually with you but feels bad just asking for sex (not all fwb relationships have to be just sex after all).

either wait for him to bring it up or you could always ask him. after all, you should be able to ask those types of questions with someone you have a fwb relationship with

Not really sure what you mean with that question. I mean we hangout with each other a lot, and talk about personal stuff. I think I'll give hi a chance to express himself. He is pretty open with me about stuff so I'm sure if he really does like me, he'll let me know. Thanks for your help!

SethfromMI
May 10th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Not really sure what you mean with that question. I mean we hangout with each other a lot, and talk about personal stuff. I think I'll give hi a chance to express himself. He is pretty open with me about stuff so I'm sure if he really does like me, he'll let me know. Thanks for your help!

what I meant was is your fwb relationship just sex or do you also hang out and do stuff friends normally would? give him the chance though, like you said, if he is pretty open, I am sure he will let you know pretty soon what he wants (if anything at all).

and no problem :) !

kittycat72
May 10th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I definitely think he likes you and that you two would do great together, but don't rush into anything that you're not ready for. If you think you're ready to commit yourself to him and you think you'll be happier with him, then you should definitely ask how he feels about you and if you guys maybe want to go out for a date.

Uniquemind
May 10th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a opportunity you don't want to miss trying to turn into something more.

But like, I think it's very common for FWB situations to turn into actual dating serious relationships especially IF both individuals end up doing other "hang out" activities like shopping, or just enjoy each other's company.

If a feels like a relationship, talks like a relationship, and has actions of intimacy of a relationship, it's probably a relationship just not verbally put into words yet and addressed.

I've figured out that if you do have a FWB situation, it's safer to keep it to strictly sex and detachment of actions that lay a foundation to bond further.