PDA

View Full Version : Prom dilemma, please help

sontar
May 7th, 2017, 04:09 PM
In short I was asked to prom and now I'm kind of having second thoughts about it.

I have no problem with this girl whatsoever, it's just that you know I had already a couple of people in mind that I was considering to ask. Plus i have a track meet that same day too so I'd be arriving super late and wouldn't be able to do the whole meet up, take pictures, then go to dinner thing. Going with a date feels like a lot of pressure on me and I just hate feeling this way. On my part it was kind of an irrational decision, I didn't put to much thought in it I kind of freaked out. I just really wanted more time to explore my options. One girl who I was seriously considering seemed pretty disappointed to hear though this.

I just feel kinda uncomfortable and rushed about the whole thing. I'm flattered that she asked me to go as a friend, but It would be kind of awkward too cause I haven't like spoken to her in over a year. As I said before I just wanted more time to think and consider my options. I having second thoughts and the timing just doesn't feel right..... should I tell her how I feel, or just go through with it? In all it was just bad timing.

ska8er
May 7th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Listen u told the girl that u would go. R u going
to leave her standing with the option that she was
depending on u to go with her. Ur going to make
things difficult for her if she can not find anyone this
close to get to go in ur place. Dude-u dug ur grave
and u got to now lie in it. U could tell her how u feel
and maybe she will say she can find someone else-
BUT u may have lost a friend and ur dignity. Man up
to it and GO.

mick01
May 8th, 2017, 10:22 AM
If you said yes to her already, it would really suck of you to back out now.

ClaraWho
May 8th, 2017, 01:35 PM
This comes down to who you want to be as a person.

You made a commitment to someone, whether you feel like following through or not, they are relying on you now to uphold your word.

But at the same time you don't have to do anything you do not want to do. You can go back on your word, cancel and say you are going with someone else or not go at all. Think through the consequences of that and how it would make you look to others finding out.

If you do go, make sure not to lead her on into thinking it's anything other than platonic.

On the other hand if you are going to be in a bad mood all night I'd say that would he worse for all involved. Think it through, only you can decide.

~ Clara