PDA

View Full Version : coming out

stevenboi16
May 7th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, so last Saturday i came out as gay to my mom. She was totally OK and i was shocked about how cool she was about it! It was one of the best feelings in my life. The only thing i have not done yet is tell my dad, which i am extremely scared to do. He seems very homophobic and i am so scared about what might happen if i tell him.

Can somebody please help me and give me some advice?

I would greatly appreciate it :yes::yes::yes:

Endeavour
May 7th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Puberty for Boys :arrow: Teen Sexuality and Gender

Remora
May 7th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Ask your mom to be there as you tell your dad, or ask her for advice.
Moms are wonderful creatures. <3

ska8er
May 7th, 2017, 05:58 PM
U can say nothing to ur Dad but let ur Mom
know in advance or ask ur Mom to b there
while u do come out to him. She will at least
soften the blow in case he might just let off
some steam.

SamMystic
May 7th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Haha, I had the same problem, try telling him with your mom in the room, when he sees her being cool about it, it will probably ease him even more, if it is even needed. Anyway, he is your dad, and believe me, it probably isnt even necessary for your mom to be there, but it might ease you?

stevenboi16
May 7th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the help, man. I still have not told him, i am just waiting for the right time. I will make sure my mom is in the room if and when i do tell him.

Haha, I had the same problem, try telling him with your mom in the room, when he sees her being cool about it, it will probably ease him even more, if it is even needed. Anyway, he is your dad, and believe me, it probably isnt even necessary for your mom to be there, but it might ease you?

SethfromMI
May 7th, 2017, 07:34 PM
well I would ask your mom how she feels/what she thinks you should do in this situation. she is most likely going to be able to best guess how he will respond. if you or her think he is going to react in a super negative way, maybe now is not the best time to tell him. I hate to say it, but sometimes it is best to wait till you are no longer living there.

sadly, there is no 100% way to know how he will respond until you tell him. even people who are not always crazy about gays can sometimes have a total change of heart when it comes to their children (or at the very least, will not let it effect how they view/love their children).

whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

stevenboi16
May 7th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Hey man, thanks so much for your help! So.. for the time being I am just not going to tell my dad for now. So far I have only told my mom, my sister and one of my moms friends who is kinda like a second mother like who I am close with kinda. I do feel like one of my aunts has already assumed I am gay. Not sure if I should tell my grandma or other family members. also, did I mention that my sister is gay?

I appreciate it your help very much! :)

well I would ask your mom how she feels/what she thinks you should do in this situation. she is most likely going to be able to best guess how he will respond. if you or her think he is going to react in a super negative way, maybe now is not the best time to tell him. I hate to say it, but sometimes it is best to wait till you are no longer living there.

sadly, there is no 100% way to know how he will respond until you tell him. even people who are not always crazy about gays can sometimes have a total change of heart when it comes to their children (or at the very least, will not let it effect how they view/love their children).

whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

SethfromMI
May 8th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Hey man, thanks so much for your help! So.. for the time being I am just not going to tell my dad for now. So far I have only told my mom, my sister and one of my moms friends who is kinda like a second mother like who I am close with kinda. I do feel like one of my aunts has already assumed I am gay. Not sure if I should tell my grandma or other family members. also, did I mention that my sister is gay?

you're welcome man. I am not sure if you mentioned that or not. in whoever you tell, just do what you think is going to best for you and not put you in a bad situation while your still living at home.

Endeavour
May 8th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Mod note: Duplicate threads have been merged.

DarkKnight16
May 9th, 2017, 07:35 PM
I think that if you tell your dad, he should still love you no matter what.

Beltane1001
May 14th, 2017, 10:13 PM
You're Mom is in your corner and I would have her there when you tell Dad.

That said he probably already knows. I don't mean to say that Mom told him, but yeah, Mom probably already told him. But like, he probably figured it out long before you did. My Mom figured out my sexuality long before I did, parent's are smart like that.

Tommy Lion
May 21st, 2017, 06:33 AM

I have a question: wouldn't your dad feel left out, when he discovers that your mom, sister and even others already know?