PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to enforce stereotypes

johnmit13
May 7th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I'm bi and have come to accept that now. But I don't wnat tocome out because people at schoold (including my mates) have always joked about me being gay due to the way I act. So if i come out, I'll just be re enforcing stereotypes and really don't wnat to do that. Suggestions?

SethfromMI
May 7th, 2017, 01:06 PM
well you will never be able to control what others are going to think or say. some straight guys can be slightly more feminine and gay/bi gays can be more masculine then some straight guys. It is unfortunate people do not thing they can be themselves because what others may think and worrying about sterotypes. all you can do is keep being you. some will accept you for you, some might make jokes. just keep being you and do not change because of what other people might say or think

ska8er
May 7th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Since u accepted urself as Bi it isn't anyone
elses business of who or what u r. I know it is
difficult to b judged by other guys but u have to
have the strength to let things pass. When they
c that it isn't bothering u the comments might
just disappear. The main thing is-just b urself.

bpk1234
May 15th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Okay well honestly all the BS about "looking gay", "acting gay", "sounding gay", "dressing gay" don't believe it because its not true.

Im not exactly the stereotypical gay guy either, but do I match some of the dumb stereotypes of course. I love starbucks, all my best friends are girls, and I guess carry myself in such a way. All my friends knew I was gay, I didnt even have to tell them as I tried to tell one friend and he was like I know you are and everyone else does to. He went on to explain that people are more accepting than you think and that people have a lot of respect for you having the courage to come out.

Ive hugged, kissed, held hands with guys in public and I'm proud of it. As long as you are happy man that's all that matters. Don't ever live in fear of what others think, it means crap and its not your business. Love is love whether you love a guy or a girl.

jamie_n5
May 16th, 2017, 08:18 PM
No one says that you have to come out if you don't want to. Stereotyping people as gay or that kind of stuff isn't very true. There are pro football type guys that are gay and feminine acting guys that are totally straight so don't get that false feeling. Just be yourself and have some fun in life and don't let your peers run your life.

Jamiec1130
May 27th, 2017, 11:20 AM
My friends always joked about me being gay, but they stopped (other than my best friend Logan, but he's pretty much a brother to me) when I came out to them and they were accepting of me.

Jinglebottom
May 27th, 2017, 11:38 AM
My friends joke about me being gay, because I fit into some of the stereotypes. That doesn't bother me though, because it's true in my case. :D