PDA

View Full Version : How do I gain his trust?

goldfish23
May 3rd, 2017, 06:55 PM
Hey, me and this guy have been texting and meeting up for around two months now, and from the beginning I just knew I'd end up really liking him. We have similar interests and humour, and whenever we're together there is never a dull moment. Everything is going alright at the minute and we have both admitted to eachother that we like eachother. However, he's said he would find it difficult to trust me if we were together properly, due to previous girlfriends breaking his trust. I feel like I've done nothing against him and I don't know how I can win his trust, if there is a way, or if it just something that will come with time? I just feel like he is already saying he can't trust me when I've done nothing wrong

SethfromMI
May 3rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
well it may come with time. then again, a lot of it will also be on him willing to take the chance that not everyone is going to break his heart. in fact, a lot of it is going to be him willing to give you the chance. you can give it time, talk to him, lots of things, but in the end, it is something he is going to have to do. so try to be patient and understanding. if he does start trusting you though, don't betray it, because that would (at least in his mind) reaffirm what he was thinking

Henry333
May 7th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Well if he really likes you, he will trust you. However if you do feel like you need to earn his trust, you need to prove to him how you can be trusted. For example don't spill secrets he tells you, don't go against your word, and what I think is most important is that you trust him. If you trust him he should trust you back. Good luck

ska8er
May 7th, 2017, 07:17 PM
If he likes u-he should trust u. Seems like
he is going to have trust issues with everyone
he comes in contact with. If u like him then u
have to put up with "his" issues to keep the
relationship but if he continues to find probs
with u or anyone else I would find someone
else.

Chaosphere
May 8th, 2017, 12:22 AM
You've done nothing wrong, and his trust issues are just some baggage that will come with the relationship. Help him live in the present, not the future, and sure as Hell not in the past. Take everything slow, and he will eventually come around.

mkellam54
May 10th, 2017, 09:42 AM
It will probably take him awhile, but if you give him time and no reason not to trust you, he should come around. I think he's so used to being betrayed that he might take awhile to come around, but I'm sure he eventually will