PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on healthy eating?

EssentialAspiration
May 2nd, 2017, 05:40 PM
So I spent alot of time moaning about my weight and the more i moaned the more I ate and I only gained more and more. But last month I finally did something about it and joined a gym and started eating healthily. Now I've been doing great at the gym I still go regularly and it couldn't be going better. The healthy eating however has slowly deteriorated as my temptations get the better of me most of the time. That being said, I am losing weight (not noticed physically but the numbers don't lie) but fairly slowly, not incredibly slowly but at a pace I know could be better if my eating did improve. My main issue is I live with my family so I'm not in control of what food is, or more importantly what food isn't in the house. Any advice on learning some self control?

Thanks

BlackParadePixie
May 3rd, 2017, 09:52 PM
What good is self control going to do if there's nothing healthy to eat?
How about you ask your mom, or dad, or whoever does the shopping...to purchase some better, healthier foods?

SethfromMI
May 3rd, 2017, 10:20 PM
So I spent alot of time moaning about my weight and the more i moaned the more I ate and I only gained more and more. But last month I finally did something about it and joined a gym and started eating healthily. Now I've been doing great at the gym I still go regularly and it couldn't be going better. The healthy eating however has slowly deteriorated as my temptations get the better of me most of the time. That being said, I am losing weight (not noticed physically but the numbers don't lie) but fairly slowly, not incredibly slowly but at a pace I know could be better if my eating did improve. My main issue is I live with my family so I'm not in control of what food is, or more importantly what food isn't in the house. Any advice on learning some self control?

Thanks

ask your parents if they could buy more fruit and vegetables and stuff. assuming money isn't the issue, I am sure if you tell them your trying to eat healthier they will be more than happy to help you out. you could also buy some stuff (healthy snacks and what not with money you make from a job).

one thing I will remind people is don't deny yourself of all snacks. treat yourself in the process, just do it in moderation

jamie_n5
May 31st, 2017, 03:42 PM
Try to eat a good balanced diet of protein, vegetables and fruit and drink water instead of sodas and energy drink crap.

themanconnor
June 2nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Go on a non-sugar diet! It will make both your stomach and your skin feel much healthier and cleaner. I am doing it for the whole month and I will see how it goes. And make sure that you snack a very little and very healthy foods in small proportions. Good luck!

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Gradually increase your healthy food intake over time. I know from experience it's difficult to go from a fairly unhealthy diet to a completely healthy one.