PDA

View Full Version : I'm still single, is that normal?

Solvez18
May 1st, 2017, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm not long 19 now and I've never had anyone in my life. I'm just here to ask the simple question if anybody believes it's normal. It's my own fault as I don't drive, leave the house or go out. It's just been a normal day of going to work and coming home for the last few years since I left school.

SethfromMI
May 1st, 2017, 10:12 PM
Hey guys, I'm not long 19 now and I've never had anyone in my life. I'm just here to ask the simple question if anybody believes it's normal. It's my own fault as I don't drive, leave the house or go out. It's just been a normal day of going to work and coming home for the last few years since I left school.

it is not abnormal no. in fact, even a generation or two ago, it would have been even more common. but even now, there are PLENTY of guy and girls who haven't been in a relationship yet. these days, with social media, with people's relationships out there for everyone to see, it just seems like it is not as common. so no worries man, you're just fine and you will find someone when the time is right

PinkFloyd
May 1st, 2017, 10:31 PM
It's pretty common. Honestly, there's no need to rush things. That's how I see it.

jamie_n5
May 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
There is nothing wrong with you at all. Being single still at 19 is very common. Hell you got to live and have fun and don't rush into any relationship. You got the whole rest of your life ahead. Enjoy being single man.

NerdSquared
May 2nd, 2017, 06:29 PM

Yeah, nothing weird there, everyone does stuff at different times, 19 is still really young, you've got a long ways ahead of you.

Solvez18
May 3rd, 2017, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I just thought it was a little more uncommon than I'd guessed.

Chaosphere
May 3rd, 2017, 11:47 PM
It's normal, lots of people haven't been in relationships. I personally haven't, and most people I know haven't either. I will mention that your chances of meeting a girl are heavily thinned if you don't branch out a bit. Clubs, gyms, and clubs are an efficient way to connect with people.

mkellam54
May 5th, 2017, 07:31 PM
It's totally normal, you can find someone at any age, and there's nothing wrong with being single for as long as you want. Everyone is different and finds someone at different age, there isn't any "right" time or age to be or not be with someone

ItsJustSomeone
May 5th, 2017, 08:34 PM
No, there's nothing wrong with that at all! There's plenty of time to find someone you truly connect with. It might even be beneficial to you- you don't have to deal with the stress of a relationship at all- just enjoy the single life! :D